Need Autoflower assistance

Cmitch55

I will be doing an Auto flower grow soon and would like to ask a few questions as I have never done any autos before. first off I will be using cfl's...I know autos aren't affected by the the timing of light but what about color spectrum...am I safe to just use bloom blubs or should i mix it up? I have made my own makeshift vanity so all light will be above the plants in one direct area and would like to know which of my lights to use...second off I will be using the fox farms trio for my nutes and was wondering what to use as a guide for how much of everything to give my plants as i would assume amount of nutes change for autoflowering varieties...thanks for the help...~cmitch

Spectrum is still up for debate, if you have 6500k bulbs you can use for the veg period, but if you don't you will also be ok using the 2700k the whole time. What is much more important with light is, the more the better, if they are lacking light they will not get very big and therefore will not yield much. So throw everything you got, or can get at them.

Nutes are very strain dependent with AF's and the majority of them don't respond well to heavy doses, I'd go very light at veg and less than a regular plant during flower. Ohh, and don't transplant, pop seed in a big pot and use it all the way through. Good luck to you!

I usually veg auto's in an aerogarden, (its just so damn convenient), then remove the aerogarden lights and replace with a 90w UFO LED for flower. Has worked pretty well so far. Don't think an auto would take advantage of 5 gallons of room.

Don't recommend Foxfarm in an Aerogarden though. Too much silt from the Big Bloom.

Good luck.

on nutes for auto's, i run full recommended and only burn em when i drop ph and unlock stored nutes in soil. might cut back only a smidge.
been usin either mg or superthrive for veg then kmart super bloom or ff big blm, ff needs to be stirred when mixed and just before feeding and throw out the last few teaspoons of it as it may be super concentrated in the last little bit.. hope that helps somebody.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom