Nick Serious - DYNOMYCO 2023 - Solo Cup Challenge

Post #11/42

That pot is unlucky! 😂 Popped another seri for the airpot solo. Classic. H2O2 and paper in ziplok bag.

The idea of catching up Paris is surely a pipe dream! The SIP is on the grow.

Scattered the paper with a little Dynomyco which I did before for the Graduation grow catch ups. I’m going an unusual root, I mean route for this one when she pops. Think I can get close to catch up still. Harvest times perhaps play to my favour rather than style - I can take the Seri very early on 5 weeks as a more sativa.

Gonna be fun trying.

Nick

73B2443C-C1C1-4D02-B489-1430A0C0AC8A.jpeg

Post #12/42

The game is afoot.

There is a tap root of at least 1”

I mixed up a blend of the fancy coco with actually more seedling potting peat than I meant. Soaked it in Cal Mag and filler laden swimming pool water. Threw in lots of @DYNOMYCO

Some how don't have photos of that / but yeah 3 tablespoons minimum.

Fired up the Hydroline 12 from Mars Hydro.

Measured her up.
8C2D4FD6-75AB-4EEA-AC10-DA4B12D39BA1.jpeg

Filled the bottom of the solo with perlite. A layer of my medium. A layer of perlite. More medium and then see.

9B89D6DC-38EC-4024-8B2B-CA3FA6E8FA10.jpeg

Yummy, eh?

So re potted her from ziplock bag to her custom solo airpot. But I dropped her! Along with the Dynomyco I had in my hand at the time into to the res of the hydro machine - Gasp!

D7772411-3300-415A-B47D-2AC32E22686E.jpeg

I was embarrassed and ashamed of my clumsiness. So I took the closest thing to hand (aluminium foil) in an effort to conceal what I’d done. I failed. I may have increased light osth ways.

But the Solo is now in the hydro machine. Laced with dynomyco, cal mag and filler.

The airpot is umm a hydropot for now.

With a tin foil cover experiment for @Azimuth

But only for catch up - she’ll be a pure airpot in a few days.

She’ll be side by side the SIP by Wednesday!

Nick

1AB8C86C-FC84-412A-9A83-65EE81FE7E11.jpeg

Post #13/42

Wasn’t going to miss again.

But its going to be some task catching up!

The girls meet face to face for the first time!

I double popped. Twins. Sort of.

Bit of browning from deficiencies in the SIP (obviously 😂 - its my default assessment.)
But think happy now. Improving. She took another full res pretty much. 75ml, I measured properly this time. Gave her same as the other plants. Already Ph’d. Although & Co Ph’d that today. Maybe it was 5.6 if she used the tank sensor. I’m OK with that today with that browning from a few days back.

Nick

8094653F-70DC-437A-A6B6-4CC2000CDCD2.jpeg
B1E6F9DA-6ACE-4511-B106-2BD7C8CAFC0F.jpeg

Post #14/42

Its relief to move on from the #13.

🎵Lets twist again like we did last summer/the one with the chihuahua/

I dunno - the photo may horrify some.

I 100% don’t know how bad it might be to cross the streams. In A/B testing Egon in the movie Ghostbusters had mixed results.

I’m trying to legit learn the plants. Its for my clumsy fingers maybe learn something from care.

Dee to the left, Bee to right - Seriotica Solo Pot (Good luck keeping track I realised!)

Nick & Co

DDBE722C-1A2A-4104-A68A-543175D29F10.jpeg

I ain't selling a thing of “IT” 🤣

Dunno some wiser eyes on this than mine. Someone must have tried this before? 😂

Oh fed the other one with my new syringes.

I could impregnate a decent number of sheep with how many of these I have!

50ml in the SiP today.

Nick

586E7835-ABBB-4921-A03B-0C8AD8E92727.jpeg

Post #15/42

So the mislabelled 😅 SIP (its a Strawberry - not a seri in there) I mean serious that little trunk can! I’ll want support for her later but not sure what it will be. Also need some base/ ah!

I’m going to buy a cup holder and some cantilevered arm I can fix to the wall. That’ll hold her!

She’s taking 100ml plus a day to the res which is 85ml. There’s something going on down there. I cleaned her up a bit, little trim and top and brought her a bit closer to the lights with a plinth upgrade.

My two twisted lovers are def Seri! Was reading that if same strain the roots can actually join and sorta become one to share resources. Be interesting especially with the @DYNOMYCO in play. Right now catching up seems impossible. But they can be taken sooner than the Strawberry so all is not lost! Be interesting looking at the root structure after. Oh and they got a fashionable silver collar. Silver as it happens. I love starting them like this. Probably make some reusable solos with collars next time we pop.

Nick

Nick! I think each post has got something new going on 🤣 love the way your mind works!

I’m going to buy a cup holder and some cantilevered arm I can fix to the wall. That’ll hold her!

This might work well for a little project I'm planning for my return can't wait to see your masterpiece 🤣

Looking great btw 👌🏽✌🏽

Post #16/42

Yeah stuff going on. The Seri UTP cable experiment got boring and one girl was just dominating. To I ummed and then I ahhhed and then I tied them down and called it a flux!

Only had black ties not green ones but it was late. I’m not sure what I’m expecting really. I think tomorrow I’m going to dry them out and put them in their new throne.

The Strawberry Solo SIP is already ensconced in hers. Very classy, non?

14 Days Flower versus 9 Days Veg - how close can we get. Def. feeding some more Dynomyco to the SIP. Maybe a repot to same cup with fresh myco infused coco for the flux pair. Need to give them back their land legs. Lots of fun.

Nick

Post #17/42

Indy love

The rules state that the roots can’t leave the pot. Even my tiny holes they forced through and so immediately chopped them (they were some in other quadrants) and raised the pot into classic coco peat airpot. They can dry out there and then go in the veg tent on proper fert first time. Same as the mothers and larger clones. Tomorrow I reckon. Oops.

Shaving roots wasn’t on my agenda.

Nick

F7CA9A68-2EC3-4180-BBB1-E87D75BDF87E.jpeg
F0465CCA-4C49-41B9-89C1-E2E02494F5DD.jpeg

They'll just air prune themselves if you let them.
Yes but they were in hydro so needed to fix that first to abide by the rules! They’ve air pruned since removing from the water. Would have been in trouble the holes had been any bigger. Interestingly they have not yet grown out the larger slots at the bottom with the perlite layer. Hoping they’ve just balled around the individual stones. The whole cup has clearly rootballed. Time to feed them some real food. They just had some cal mag and the Dynomyco to start.

Nick

Hellooo. I wondered where all the Nick Hardy action was!
Post #18/42

Hiya!

Graduation journal is now “perpetual” and crazy stuff going on there too. Growing and more! This is just crazy experiments! But also huge fun for me! No & Co allowed <gulp>

The Coco/Flux whatever is now in the veg/mother tent with their nutes first day. Just low down to acclimatise a little.

The Strawberry Solo SIP is marching on with her sisters!

Nick

1E807E05-FC50-40B8-9E54-AE934C5A75E2.jpeg

Post #18/42

Hiya!

Graduation journal is now “perpetual” and crazy stuff going on there too. Growing and more! This is just crazy experiments! But also huge fun for me! No & Co allowed <gulp>

The Coco/Flux whatever is now in the veg/mother tent with their nutes first day. Just low down to acclimatise a little.

The Strawberry Solo SIP is marching on with her sisters!

Nick

1E807E05-FC50-40B8-9E54-AE934C5A75E2.jpeg
Love the diy cup holder I reckon. lol. CL🍀

Post #19/42

The twisted sisters are all throned up. Day #2 Veg I guess.

5 days Veg. Leaves 4 weeks flower to 4th July Can’t be done. 5 weeks can be I think.

They look well. A touch close to the lights but that’s the lowest setting. I even raised the lights on the mothers a touch. They got a full standard Veg/Mother mix. Middle of the low road. Maybe they stretch and I can find a week. Meh. I don’t need to harvest for the the comp.

Like the SIP v. Coco Airpot aspect. Gonna catch you Azi, I mean Strawberry SIP…

Nick

2E282DF6-C5B8-49D6-A31A-D2CFF381188C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom