Odd looking leaves

Dakisis

420 Member
So this is my first grow and my leaves are mutants. Here are some pics. It's in a dwc. Water temp is about 68ºf ppm is about 1100, ph keeps jumping up. I am trying to keep it right a 5.8. Using clay pebbles as a medium. When water gets around 70 I stick a closed frozen bottle of water in it to cool it down. Any thoughts on the leaf structure?

20240428_174823.jpg

20240428_174819.jpg

17143449351046146353383989938804.jpg

You're feeding at 1100PPM (500 scale, I'm assuming). At this stage of growth, I'm at maybe 500/500, more likely 400/500.

The goal of providing fertilizer is to give the plant the chemicals it needs to achieve its genetic potential. "More nutes" leads to more problems.

Check out my grow journals and you'll see that I've published some PPM levels.

Nutrient Sufficiency.png

Based on the size of the leaves and the large internodal space, I suspect that your light levels are low. It's very hard to give plants too much light.

pH rising indicates that the plants are taking up certain nutrients. The N, P, K is gone in a few hours and that doesn't change PPM much. PPM is impacted mostly by calcium, magnesium, and sulfate and that's a good sign.

How many days since germination?

What are your temps and RH? When those two are combined, they're expressed as one number that's labeled VPD. Do you have any knowledge of VPD?

What light are you using, what's the hang height, and the photoperiod?

The graphic below was very helpful to me when I started growing. If you gather info on those topics, it's easier to dial in a hydro grow.

10 Parameters of Growth.png

Back
Top Bottom