Old Man Farms Outdoor Grow 2019

Old man farms

I started these two beautiful girls from seed (secrets of the farm) grown in the NW corner of Colorado summer highs in 90s winter lows to -60 humidity between 30 and 50 yr round

1. Quality genetic proven seed stock
2. Grown in 35 gallon bpa free plastic totes.
3. Placed outdoors on june 1st (barely after last freeze)
4. Used blend of natural soils and sheep manure.
5. During veg used homemade fish emulsion, compost tea thats it.
6. During flowering used a blend of again HOMEMADE Pk blend and bat guano covering soil.

I germanited my seeds late jan early feb and moved them into small transplant pots as soon as roots got about a quarter inch in length. Sprouted in soil on feb 9th and let them sit in my window sill catching sun and a basic fluorescent light. When the girls were a week old i would put them outside during the day and bring them in at night due to it gettin -40 at night and 45 to 50 during the day (had no issues with slow or stunted stress on them only direct sun during this time) growth was about a inch and half a day with atleast one new set of leaves.
I built a small wind guard out of some plastic wrap and chicken wire with no top and vented bottom just wanted to pvent direct wind on them. Watering once a day with my well water and every other day with water and my homemade fish emulsion and once a week with compost tea.
When plants reached 2 foot i placed them into a 12 foot by 9 foot by 9 foot hoophouse with 6 mil clear cover. One side was intentionaly left open with grid square fencing to prvent critters from getting in. Also a 10 inch vent hole was cut into back wall for air flow with one side open no fans needed.
I topped 1 of them only once since the veg period due to s short forced season. I only defoiliate maybe 20 percent of the water leaves leaving 80 plus percent im old and believe a plant makes leaves for a reason over 1000s of yrs who am i to mess with it. That said right before forcing them to flower i mini lolly popped em just the truly small crap on the bottom foot.
I started force flowering them on aug 6th due to the freeze beginning in mid to late sept i was a little late on this by a week due to waiting forever for the blackout cover to arrive.

No problem had to down load from camera these are day 23 flowering
1567893154799_0904190951_HDR~2.jpg
0904190950d~2.jpg
0904190950a~2.jpg

Nice plants! Flowers are looking promising forsure!! Bet that little hoop house works well im not sure my fat top girls would fit definitely need to grow the plant into the space there.

Those are some nice looking ladies you have there. For being outdoor harvest should be in a month or so, correct?
I started force flowering them on july 6th with s 100 blackout cover it starts freezing here mid sept and ty put alot of love in my girls and yes bout a month left ill let tell me when to harvest

Nice plants! Flowers are looking promising forsure!! Bet that little hoop house works well im not sure my fat top girls would fit definitely need to grow the plant into the space there.
Ty so much this is my first attempt in this area been a real experience going natural and no pesticides and the winds that little hoophouse has endured up to 60 mph and entire grow cost me 480.00 dollars im super happy with the results

Ty so much this is my first attempt in this area been a real experience going natural and no pesticides and the winds that little hoophouse has endured up to 60 mph and entire grow cost me 480.00 dollars im super happy with the results

Thats a great idea I like what youve done there! Did you have any pest troubles just thinking that outdoors the pests kinda balance each other out the good insects eat the bad insects. Low input costs I like that. I look fwd to some more pics of them girls! Happy Growing!!
:yummy:

Thats a great idea I like what youve done there! Did you have any pest troubles just thinking that outdoors the pests kinda balance each other out the good insects eat the bad insects. Low input costs I like that. I look fwd to some more pics of them girls! Happy Growing!!
Lucky for me i have had no real pest problems only a grasshopper or 2, i used to grow in northern cali and the diff in climate and altitude has been a learning exp. I have had alot of dragon flies in the hoophouse and they eat any bad pests . I check them multiple times a day for the dreaded spider mite or others first time with no pesticides will keep updating with more info and pics thanks for the interest

Lucky for me i have had no real pest problems only a grasshopper or 2, i used to grow in northern cali and the diff in climate and altitude has been a learning exp. I have had alot of dragon flies in the hoophouse and they eat any bad pests . I check them multiple times a day for the dreaded spider mite or others first time with no pesticides will keep updating with more info and pics thanks for the interest

Dragon flies are great I like to look at them such a complex little insect. Lady bugs are good for eating pests as well the real red ones not the crazzy orange ones we have 2 kinds around here now. You should start a journal and put a link to your signature great way to record the experience and easy to look back at what youve done for reference.

Heres a link for a how to if you get stuck feel free to ask It took me a bit to sort it out but once you get the gist of it youll be set. Looking fwd to some updates happy growing!!

Looks like a really nice setup! I’m north of you, I grow in a GH too.
Did you get any killer weather this year? I heard Colorado got some nasty hail rounds.
Ty and yes had some nasty weather and winds at 60 plus been rough on my little hoop house lots of repairs and duck tape lol. Your north of me ? Im in the Nw corner of Colorado moffatt county

Just an update had storm roll thru. Quarter size hail,60 mph winds, 2 inches rain and besides a few tie up rubs on a few of my buds the GH suffered some tears but held up with minor repairs needed only bad thing wind kicked alot of dust so guess im going to have dusty earthy buds lol Wednesday is day 35 and will be posting new pics of these beauties

For the dusty buds, Look up bud washing.

Hail in September seems a little dramatic doesn’t it? I wouldn’t be surprised if it was August or July.
I guess the weather patterns are changing constantly. The earth isn’t stable like we all hope.
Every time the weather gets severe, I’m thankful for my greenhouse.... even if they don’t produce, they’re still alive.. hahah

For the dusty buds, Look up bud washing.

Hail in September seems a little dramatic doesn’t it? I wouldn’t be surprised if it was August or July.
I guess the weather patterns are changing constantly. The earth isn’t stable like we all hope.
Every time the weather gets severe, I’m thankful for my greenhouse.... even if they don’t produce, they’re still alive.. hahah
Thank you so much for the bud wash idea looked it up and will try this for sure. Love the fact been growing for decades never heard of washing buds .........never stop learning !!

A day late but here are day 36 outdoor flowering. During this last week had multiple days of 60 plus mph winds and freezing temps at night. Added a heater for the cold nights daytime highs in the 60s

Attachments

• 0912191424_HDR.jpg
    0912191424_HDR.jpg
    588.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 0912191425a.jpg
    0912191425a.jpg
    595.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 0912191425b.jpg
    0912191425b.jpg
    584.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 0912191425_HDR.jpg
    0912191425_HDR.jpg