Outdoor Growing With BeezLuiz

Just saw you collected full on hermie pollen. It's not worth it breeding with it as herms are going to pop up all the time with anything you use it for.

The pollen will pass along the plant's character traits to the next generation through seeds. So at least half of your inputs on another dusted plant will be hermie leaning at the very least.

I had the same thought as Azi and Lerugged: dump the plants and the pollen.

i do some breeding & never use hermies , for breeding its best to use strong stable chromosomes , though i have growen seeds from buds with only the odd seed with great results , if your desperate for seeds then try it otherwise i would suggest dump the plant
Thank you all for your valuable inputs. I have indeed taken your recommendations to heart, and have tossed the plant. I don't really need seeds, but was just curious to do something with (what I thought was) a regular male. Interestingly, the other male Zkittlez that I gave to my son a week or two ago has also hermied. I have 3 or 4 more seeds from that batch that I will probably toss since they are likely to hermie as well.

Thanks again for everyone's input. :circle-of-love:

Sorry about the Zkittlez that hermied. But, your Amnesias are looking fantastic.

Thanks HashGirl! I've been a little lazy lately and haven't posted an update on the Amnesias, but they are all doing fine. Once I get my act together, I'll post some pics.

I usually take a bit of a break from social media this time of year, but will try to catch up on everyone's journals soon. Happy Holidays everyone! :circle-of-love:

I hear ya Beez! It’s definitely hibernating time. A social media break sounds smart, I should probably think about doing that too. Bummer about the zkittles, were those gifts or purchased? Cause I’d totally be complaining if they were from a seed bank. Amnesias are looking great :cheer: go pom poms, go!!

Bummer about the zkittles, were those gifts or purchased? Cause I’d totally be complaining if they were from a seed bank.
No big deal on the seeds. They came from a plant that my son grew a couple seasons ago.

Happy Holidaze BeezLuiz!🎄

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you all had a family-filled holiday! 🎄

Happy New Year Everyone, the holidays are behind us and I'm feeling much better. To celebrate, I'm finally posting an update on my fall/winter grow.
The three AmnesiaX plants are doing well and nearing the end. They are just over 8 weeks from flip and I'm thinking maybe one week for one of them and 2 more weeks for the other two.
The plants grew a little taller than I was anticipating, but I still had plenty of room to raise the lights. The tallest plant (#2) is 32 inches tall, while even the plant that stayed in the 1 gallon pot (#2) is 24 inches tall.

As usual, there's something that is a bit of a head-scratcher here. Amnesia #2 and #4 look and smell identical so I only took pics of #4:

But Amnesia #2 has more color, darker leaves and smells sweeter than the other two:
The only difference between the three plants is that this one didn't get transplanted in the 3-gal fiber pot. We don't know where any of the pollen came from, so it could have been more that one male spreading pollen. That said, these plants came from my son's grow and he could have gotten the seeds mixed up a bit (wouldn't surprise me). Other plants in his garden that this seed could have come from might be Zkittles, Alaskan Purple, Red Dragon or Gelot.OG. Anyway, it smells and looks great, so I don't guess I really care what it is. :yummy:

Before I head off to go catch up on everyone's journals, here's one more pic. I used my flash, which I rarely use, to show of the long and spiraling cola from AmnesiaX #4.

it smells and looks great, so I don't guess I really care what it is.
Looks like she's going to be some awesome smoke, whatever you call it...:)
I know indoor growing isn't your usual "thing", but you sure did a good job on those three👍

I think your spreadsheet needs attending to. :)
You are very correct on this. I've been pretty spreadsheet lazy this round of growing. I have the before and after data, just haven't made the chart yet.
I know indoor growing isn't your usual "thing", but you sure did a good job on those three👍
Thanks Carcass. A couple things I'm noticing about my indoor grows vs outdoor grows: (1) My indoor buds tend to get frostier than my outdoor plants - that's a good thing. (2) My indoor plants tend to have more problems with bugs than my outdoor plants - that's a bad thing, and kinda surprising to me.

And speaking of bugs on indoor plants, the spider mites are starting to get some population momentum. They aren't terrible yet, but getting there soon. I don't really want to spray this late in the grow, so I've been hoping the plants ripen quick enough to harvest.

That said, I took some close-ups today of AnmesiaX #2, which is the worst one affected by the spider mites. It's still got some clear and not much amber, but I think there's enough cloudy trichomes to be close enough to harvest. Your inputs are always welcome! :Namaste:

If you're not going to spray her then YES, take her down. If the mites are just allowed to fester she won't get any better than she is today.

but I think there's enough cloudy trichomes to be close enough to harvest. Your inputs are always welcome! :Namaste:
Looks to me like you'd be ok harvesting now- virtually no amber, but plenty of cloudy trichomes..
(2) My indoor plants tend to have more problems with bugs than my outdoor plants
That is odd- I've had soil gnats a few times (who hasn't?) and a few aphids that rode in on one of the plants after I gave her a little sun, (which is why I don't do that anymore) but other than that, no bugs at all in the garage...🤞

Regarding the bugs, it seems growing indoors during the winter months is worse than the warming months. Last winter I had a pretty bad aphid issue on my indoor grow. This winter it's spider mites. My outdoor plants never need spraying for anything other than caterpillars. I don't think I've ever seen an aphid on my outdoor grows. :hmmmm:

Like GDB said, harvest soon if you're not going to spray. Personally I'd break out the Dr Bronner's unscented castille soap and spray from below, and then give it more time for the clear to cloud over.
My indoor plants tend to have more problems with bugs than my outdoor plants - that's a bad thing, and kinda surprising to me.
That is odd. I'm doing my first indoor grow and the only thing I've still got from outside is PM.
You are very correct on this. I've been pretty spreadsheet lazy this round of growing. I have the before and after data, just haven't made the chart yet.
I really just meant because you had two #2s!
The tallest plant (#2) is 32 inches tall, while even the plant that stayed in the 1 gallon pot (#2) is 24 inches tall.
:)

And speaking of bugs on indoor plants, the spider mites are starting to get some population momentum. They aren't terrible yet, but getting there soon. I don't really want to spray this late in the grow, so I've been hoping the plants ripen quick enough to harvest.
You can knock them back with some organic soap. Spray daily for thee days and that'll buy you a couple of weeks if necessary.

I really just meant because you had two #2s!
Oops! Must have been a little high when I wrote that. :laughtwo:
You can knock them back with some organic soap. Spray daily for thee days and that'll buy you a couple of weeks if necessary.
Thanks for the suggestion, Azi. I went ahead and harvested #2 today. I plan to spray the other two with organic soap (Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap) tonight or tomorrow and then hopefully they will be ready to harvest in about a week or so. It will be interesting to compare the two harvest dates and see if I can notice any difference between the two.

I plan to spray the other two with organic soap (Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap) tonight or tomorrow and then hopefully they will be ready to harvest in about a week or so.
Tonight and tomorrow (and maybe the day after as well) would serve you better. A good soaking today will get many, but certainly not all, so the ones left standing will still be laying eggs which will start hatching in about three days, and the eggs themselves won't be killed either.

By spraying daily for three days you get most of the sexually mature ones and the new hatchling during that period as well.

Depends how significant the infestation is though.

Man, I hate those little bastards. 😡

Thanks, Azi. I did spray one of the plants yesterday and do plan to spray again today, and then again tomorrow. Thanks for the advice. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom