Perpetual Harvest

OMNI999

420 Member
So I have a 1k gavita de in my flower room and I'm vegging under 2 corncob 200w equivalent led i have 1 mother plant of gg#4... 2 weeks ago i took 16 clones and they just rooted...now normally I grow in 8 to 9 five gallon buckets in a 4x4 space (not a tent) ....but now i want to go with smaller pots so I'm going down to a 1gallon pot and putting 16 plants in flower using 2'x2' of my 4x4 in 30 days I will add another 16 one gallons to the second half of my 4x4 to get a harvest every month my question is this since my pot size is so small I plan on vegging in the same pots that I will flower in all my nutes are mixed in soil I just add b1 organic and water ...how long should I veg before flowering and will this use up my nutes before I harvest?

So I have a 1k gavita de in my flower room and I'm vegging under 2 corncob 200w equivalent led i have 1 mother plant of gg#4... 2 weeks ago i took 16 clones and they just rooted...now normally I grow in 8 to 9 five gallon buckets in a 4x4 space (not a tent) ....but now i want to go with smaller pots so I'm going down to a 1gallon pot and putting 16 plants in flower using 2'x2' of my 4x4 in 30 days I will add another 16 one gallons to the second half of my 4x4 to get a harvest every month my question is this since my pot size is so small I plan on vegging in the same pots that I will flower in all my nutes are mixed in soil I just add b1 organic and water ...how long should I veg before flowering and will this use up my nutes before I harvest?

Sounds like you have a pretty good setup going. That's a lot of plants for such a small space. One thing to keep in mind is that, since you plan to use 1 gallon pots to save on space, you have to make sure they won't outgrow those pots mid flowering. That being said, and keeping in mind that they will double in size once you begin the bloom cycle, I would probably only veg them for 4 to 6 weeks once they develop their first nodes. No more than about a foot tall each. Having to find spaces for 16 plants to grow in that amount of space if they outgrew the 1 gallon pots would become a nightmare for you. Ultimately, smaller pots are for smaller plants. And as for the nutes, you may actually end up using more than you think, especially for 16 plants at a time. Less plants requires a lesser amount of nutrients. And there will come a time when you have 32 total plants to feed. I would prepare myself and get some extra so you have it handy when you need it, because it's very likely that you will run out. Especially if you're doing a perpetual grow, you'll definitely need extra on hand so you won't find yourself having to run and get more when you need it the most. All that is based on my prior experiences. I grow hydro, and the closest store to get my nutrients on an emergency basis is an hour and 45 minutes from where I live. If i had to go there after work, I'd never make it before they close. And I know this because that actually happened to me. I had to order what I needed next day air and that was not cheap.

Sounds like you have a pretty good setup going. That's a lot of plants for such a small space. One thing to keep in mind is that, since you plan to use 1 gallon pots to save on space, you have to make sure they won't outgrow those pots mid flowering. That being said, and keeping in mind that they will double in size once you begin the bloom cycle, I would probably only veg them for 4 to 6 weeks once they develop their first nodes. No more than about a foot tall each. Having to find spaces for 16 plants to grow in that amount of space if they outgrew the 1 gallon pots would become a nightmare for you. Ultimately, smaller pots are for smaller plants. And as for the nutes, you may actually end up using more than you think, especially for 16 plants at a time. Less plants requires a lesser amount of nutrients. And there will come a time when you have 32 total plants to feed. I would prepare myself and get some extra so you have it handy when you need it, because it's very likely that you will run out. Especially if you're doing a perpetual grow, you'll definitely need extra on hand so you won't find yourself having to run and get more when you need it the most. All that is based on my prior experiences. I grow hydro, and the closest store to get my nutrients on an emergency basis is an hour and 45 minutes from where I live. If i had to go there after work, I'd never make it before they close. And I know this because that actually happened to me. I had to order what I needed next day air and that was not cheap.
Yes I dont want my plants to get too big so I will veg for 2 weeks then flower on this first run honestly 1 month of veg will be too long... also all of my nutes are mixed in soil I dont top feed unless I have nutrient deficiency but usually never happens I am ordering Earth Juice line of nutes today for backup...

Back
Top Bottom