Please help my cloning?

BongChamp101

i keep trying this cloning thing and so far only 3 of my clones have lived...what am i doing wrong...please give me some pointers...theyve all just been messing around but i have to learn

BUY a good rooting Gel (with fungicide), Use seedling compost, use a humidity box available at Garden Centres and DIY centres

make small hole with cocktail stick in damp seedling compost.
Take a cuting from mother, take a branch that has a growing tip (tiny leaves curled up ready to expand and open out), go downwards from this past the first node with leaves to the second node with protruding leaves, cut off these leaves and cut just below the internode in a diagonal, severing the cutting from mother.

dip bottom 1/4 of cutting in rooting gel and pop into hole in compost.

trim the leaves remaning on cutting to halfway down.

give em 18-24 hours light and never let the compost dry out.

sheild from direct light for at least 1 week. use a thin material that lets light through.

Check the buggers every couple of hours to aviod drying out, burning, wilting.

Move further away from light if burning. create less humidity in box by propping open lid 1 or 2cm if cuttings are wilting.

Another method for cloning is take the branch you want to clone and cut the stemabout half way diagonaly put some root tone on it (this speeds up the process) then take a a piece of clear plastice and wrap around the cut leaving a little room for roots and gently tape it close so its liek a bandage. then just keep watering the plant when the baggy feels up with roots cut it below the badage and plant it.

get some quality hormoning powder

Back
Top Bottom