Sanders Says He'd Remove Marijuana From Federal Drug List

Jacob Redmond

Under Sanders' proposal, people in states that decide to legalize marijuana would no longer would be subject to federal prosecution for using pot. "Poll after poll shows that a growing majority of Americans support legalization, so it makes sense that elected officials are finally starting to see the value in calling for real and comprehensive changes to failed marijuana laws". A Sanders aide said that the senator was attending a regular Friday activity at the center and that the campaign had made no attempt to build a crowd. Sanders also called for reform of a criminal justice system that puts more people in jail than any other country on earth and makes it harder for Americans to get back on their feet once they're out of jail. Sanders was pleased with the meeting, stating, "I look forward to working with President Obama and Vice President Biden to tackle a few of the major issues facing our country". "It is time to tax and regulate marijuana", Sanders said.

Bernie Sanders will announce his support for the legalization of marijuana at the federal level in a town hall with students from George Mason University in Fairfax, VA, tonight.

"Although about the same proportion of blacks and whites use marijuana, a black person is nearly four times more likely to be arrested for marijuana possession than a white person", he said. The survey, conducted on Tuesday and Wednesday, comes on the heels of Vice President Biden's decision last week to not run for the White House in 2016. The other change is that marijuana businesses would no longer be shut out of the banking system. SAM gave Sanders' Democratic opponents, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and former Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley B- and C grades, respectively. Take for instance Hillary Clinton's stance on criminal justice reform - she claims to wholeheartedly support criminal justice reform, but does not support an end to marijuana prohibition. Clinton is not ready to change federal law on marijuana and says the death penalty is an important tool in the belt of federal prosecutors. The reporter was referring to Clinton's remarks at the Jefferson-Jackson dinner in Des Moines, Iowa, on Saturday in which she brought up an exchange she had with Sanders over guns in the first Democratic presidential debate.*edit*

yS8k5E5.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Sanders Says He'd Remove Marijuana From Federal Drug List
Author: Henry Mcdonald
Photo Credit: WMUR John DiStaso

Please don't trust that wench,Hillary!!! The truth be had she is and always has been ANTI MARIJUANA in any form and use!!!

RD :hookah::peace::peace:

Please don't trust that wench,Hillary!!! The truth be had she is and always has been ANTI MARIJUANA in any form and use!!!

RD :hookah::peace::peace:
Yea RaysDad, I hear Bills got to smoke in the garage now . And Mr. Sanders, I have one question. If we're gonna make it legal, why must we pay taxes on it. Are you going to tax my vegetable garden next ? But regardless, I'll be voting for Bernie !! I'm a democrat, but Id never vote for Hillary, but I'd love a women president !! Go Bernie !!

Back
Top Bottom