Seeds For High CBD Low THC Cannabis In Canada

Not sure how to make vape oil, what is VG

If water got into the jar, boil the jars contents to evaporate any water in it

Vegetable Glycerine, a lot of vape products use it. I'm afraid to boil the after product of my vape oil because I don't want to lose the THC/CBD

There are several ways to make vape oil, I did 2 of the normal processes but without a thermometer to maintain a proper temperature to get the THC/CBD out with the VG. I've only tried this 3 times total and 1 being epic fail with 2 being a partial fail with the right color. I decarbed the herb at 240f for 25 mins... but if I'm using it in a vape there really is no need to decarb because the vape pen heats up the oil

Hi Gang.

I'm planning on making coconut infused oil after my next harvest cures. I've done this 3 times in the past with THC only strains and love it in my weekend morning coffee :)

I'm wondering if the oven decarb temp and time should be the same or adjusted for high CBD strains. Have heard anything about this?

Thanks.
DooM

Hey DooM,

I have read through this thread and I will toss in my two cents worth. I don't like to smoke so all I do is infuse oils, both THC and CBD. I have found that the benefit I get from CBD is maximized with infusion. I have tried several methods but have settled on the crockpot method. I decarb mine at 230 degrees (low setting on my crockpot) for 50 min and let cool down for at least 10 min, leaving it sealed in the tinfoil for the cool down. My research suggested that the trichomes will melt at 196 degrees so I heat the oil to over 200 degrees before I add the decarbed bud but turn the crockpot down to warm, which maintains a 150 degree temp. I run it for 2 hours, turn it off for the night and then turn it back on warm for another couple of hours the next day. I like the crockpot because it maintains a constant temperature, unlike the oven or roaster methods. FYI: I wrap my partially ground bud in a tinfoil pouch and suspend it in the crockpot so it heats evenly from all sides.

H420

Cool. I also use our crockpot, but after decarbed in the oven. I know what you mean about temp fluctuations. There's the back and forth surging effect with the temps.

So, decarbing in the crockpot is appealing. I want to give it a go. Just to clarify...loosely ground buds are wrapped in tinfoil, suspended or slightly elevated. Is this all imersed in oil during the deacrb stage? And same oil is used from beginning to end?

Thanks. I really like the idea of using just one device. Only 40 days until i harvest my Dinameds:)

DooM

Cool. I also use our crockpot, but after decarbed in the oven. I know what you mean about temp fluctuations. There's the back and forth surging effect with the temps.

So, decarbing in the crockpot is appealing. I want to give it a go. Just to clarify...loosely ground buds are wrapped in tinfoil, suspended or slightly elevated. Is this all imersed in oil during the deacrb stage? And same oil is used from beginning to end?

Thanks. I really like the idea of using just one device. Only 40 days until i harvest my Dinameds:)

DooM

Hey DooM.... Nope, just dry bud in the tinfoil exactly as you described it! I then grind it and back into the crock pot with the oil. My CBD bud it about 15% CBD and my THC is 20% and I use 10 grams per 125 ml (1\4 cup). I get around 110 capsules so it is easy math for dose :)

Here some Blue Dream coconut oil I made last spring. 7g in 1 cup of oil.

d0245a9f710fc5c1997f0b1bd48014d2.jpg

I had a large batch of CMS Jack Herer in canna caps. Too strong for me and gave them to a buddy.

My fav intake is coffee and smoothies:)

D

I have made infused vegetable glycerin and used it in drinks or just take a little bit straight, very good stuff for edibles! Keep it simple and decarb the flower/trim, add it into a mason jar with the VG and either let it sit for a long time or use a crockpot for quick extraction. Run threw cheese cloth and a strainer and your done! Use the same method for coconut oil as well.

weedfood.png

Can i ask another question?

Everything I've read about curing is about ending up with a 'smooth' smoke. I've cured all my grows by hang drying for one week then 3 weeks in mason jars; well documented all over the web.

Now I'm wondering if this necessary if it's going to be infused into oil.

Are you guys doing anything different when curing?

Thanks.

D

Can i ask another question?

Everything I've read about curing is about ending up with a 'smooth' smoke. I've cured all my grows by hang drying for one week then 3 weeks in mason jars; well documented all over the web.

Now I'm wondering if this necessary if it's going to be infused into oil.

Are you guys doing anything different when curing?

Thanks.

D
Hey DooM,
That is a fantastic question! Here is my opinion/view. Curing is not only about the best smokable product it is also about preserving the compounds and turpentines in a state that will avoid degradation. As you know, THC will degrade into CBN so a fresh flower may make the perfect canna cap but a few months later, if not well cured, the same flower will make sleeping pills :)

For my process, I slow dry until the flower maintains 60% RH for 24 hours, put into the mason jars and burp for a week , add Boveda 62 RH packs and then vacuum seal (20 inch vacuum). With out the vacuum, it will still degrade, just slower, even though everything else was done right.

H420

Hey DooM,
That is a fantastic question! Here is my opinion/view. Curing is not only about the best smokable product it is also about preserving the compounds and turpentines in a state that will avoid degradation. As you know, THC will degrade into CBN so a fresh flower may make the perfect canna cap but a few months later, if not well cured, the same flower will make sleeping pills :)

For my process, I slow dry until the flower maintains 60% RH for 24 hours, put into the mason jars and burp for a week , add Boveda 62 RH packs and then vacuum seal (20 inch vacuum). With out the vacuum, it will still degrade, just slower, even though everything else was done right.

H420
Thanks Hobby.

Here some Blue Dream coconut oil I made last spring. 7g in 1 cup of oil.

d0245a9f710fc5c1997f0b1bd48014d2.jpg

I had a large batch of CMS Jack Herer in canna caps. Too strong for me and gave them to a buddy.

My fav intake is coffee and smoothies:)

D

Dang!!!

This morning I was mixing up a coffee with the Blue Dream infused oil + CDB oil. I decided to rub some of the Blue Dream stuff on my tennis elbow. Don't know why I never thought of this before. 3 minutes later no more pain.

This plant is truly a gift that keeps giving.

Now I'm gungho to create 3 types of cream to try out. Straight CDB, 50/50 CBD/THC and finally just high THC. I have the seeds for all three.

Dang!!!

This morning I was mixing up a coffee with the Blue Dream infused oil + CDB oil. I decided to rub some of the Blue Dream stuff on my tennis elbow. Don't know why I never thought of this before. 3 minutes later no more pain.

This plant is truly a gift that keeps giving.

Now I'm gungho to create 3 types of cream to try out. Straight CDB, 50/50 CBD/THC and finally just high THC. I have the seeds for all three.
Hey DooM,
If you are going to get into making some medical products, here is another option for you....

I made some activated THC/CBD "lip balm" a few months back and found it helped for, arthritic joints, rashes and hot spots cause by dishydrosis. I gave some to a friend of mine who's wife was suffering with a skin issue (still no diagnoses) and it is the only thing that gives her any relief. It also works as lip balm LOL. It is simply amazing! Simple recipe ... 1\3 infused coconut oil, 1\3 infused olive oil and 1\3 bee's wax. Just melt it all together. I bought some lip balm and salve containers on Amazon.

H420

Hey DooM,
If you are going to get into making some medical products, here is another option for you....

I made some activated THC/CBD "lip balm" a few months back and found it helped for, arthritic joints, rashes and hot spots cause by dishydrosis. I gave some to a friend of mine who's wife was suffering with a skin issue (still no diagnoses) and it is the only thing that gives her any relief. It also works as lip balm LOL. It is simply amazing! Simple recipe ... 1\3 infused coconut oil, 1\3 infused olive oil and 1\3 bee's wax. Just melt it all together. I bought some lip balm and salve containers on Amazon.

H420
Awesome info!

Thank you :)

Can I ask which kind of coconut oil you used? The clear liquid or the solid white kind?

DooM

Back
Top Bottom