SHRuuM's 2nd Journal - Skunk - Morpheus - Early Miss - Trainwreck - NL - Etc

Yup, and all you really need to do is leave some of the lower popcorn buds on the plant like if you don't strip any of your lower growth, and new shoots will grow from them buds when put back under veg or 24 hour lighting. Or you can leave a couple of the lowest buds on each branch, clip the branches off above the buds and wait for the shoots to develop :) The wonderful things we can do with plants!

**UPDATE TIME**

WEEK 8 DAY 51

Hello and welcome to this week's update. I know its been some time since the last update but since there was not much to report except growth, I figured I would wait and save my limited monthly satellite data until something worthwhile to report. The rejuvenation of 2 GC females failed since I didn't leave enough growth at harvest time to sustain the root system, my bad. To refresh those that came in late or are seeing this for the first time, a little backstory is in order. First off I've got 2 WW's and 2 WC's going. Second, and here's the biggie, I'm experimenting with the soil formula. Using OS' idea of re-cycling used soil, I'm using his formula of 2 used gallons of soil to 1 gallon of fresh with a couple of embellishments of my own that should prove interesting and save money at the same time. I've added ashes and crushed up finely powdered leaves from my GC prunings of the last harvest. I've used ashes on outside plants for decades so it seems like it should work here.:cheesygrinsmiley: The biggest advantage to using ashes is readily available nitrogen AND the added benefit of no salts left behind. So here's the soil formula:

3 gal. of HF
1 gallon of coco
1 gallon of perlite
2 cups of worm castings
2/3 cups of lime and my embellishments of
2 TBSP of polymers
1 cup of finely crushed dried fan leaves
1 cup of ashes from an old Hackberry tree BUT any ashes will do. Especially great for those of you with wood burning stoves

After transplanting into the bigger pots with this formula, I lightly coated the top of the soil with worm castings and some more ashes, other than that, no veg nutes were added and only water from my well that comes in with a PH of 6.5. The plants are doing quite well and will be turned over to 12/12 with another coating of ashes at the end of this month. I don't plan to use any flowering nutes until the 2nd week of 12/12, by then they should have all the nitrogen needed. Here's the pics starting with White Cookie #1

WC_1_5-21-17.jpg

WC#2
WC_2_5-21-17.jpg

White Widow#1
WC_1_5-21-171.jpg

and WW#2
WC_2_5-21-171.jpg

So that's it folks. The girls seem to be doing just fine and are growing like, uh, weeds.:cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:
So stay tooned for further episodes of "How Green Is My Garden":rofl::rofl::rofl:

Screen grab immediately...done!

May I ask what polymers are?

Polymers are an inert[very important part] crystalline chemical compound that absorbs water and nutrients and grows about 20 times its size. Think of a sponge when full, looks like jello. I discovered polymers 30 years ago working in chemical plants and I used the heck out of it on my outside guerilla farming with great success. its your last line of defense if watering for any reason goes short. Amazon has quite a variety but this is what I use.:cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:

1lb Super Water Absorbing Crystals Polymers, Soil Vigor (Tm)- Granules : Soil And Soil Amendments

1666470423203.png

Hey shruum! Plant are looking great as usual my friend! Quite the good veg time you got in on these gals, I am sure they will surprise you once the flower stretch is over :) Might have some lovely monsters on your hands with lots of training branches back! I am interested to see how these white cookies turn out myself, I have been meaning to get at least one of the cookie strains that are out there.

Keep up the great work too my friend, I will be waiting to see the next update :)

Hey shruum! Plant are looking great as usual my friend! Quite the good veg time you got in on these gals, I am sure they will surprise you once the flower stretch is over :) Might have some lovely monsters on your hands with lots of training branches back! I am interested to see how these white cookies turn out myself, I have been meaning to get at least one of the cookie strains that are out there.

Keep up the great work too my friend, I will be waiting to see the next update :)

thanks dick for looking in on me. Yeah I figured why not let the veg time run long to see what the soil experiment would do, mess with the girls a little:rofl: I want to see how the yield is going to turn out, I just hope they don't go as long as the GC girls did.:wood:

Not a problem!! It is always nice to mess with the plants a little, see what they can take. I know I have been pushing a couple of mine to the limits and learning from the mistakes as well haha!

I'd like to see what kind of healthy harvest I can start getting out of 4 plants, I managed 1/4lb out of 2 plants last time and they were only in containers just over 1gallon. Once the laws change in Canada there will be a household limit of 4 plants not to exceed 1 meter in height, unless you are a medical card grower of course. Looks like fluxing will be my friend so I stay under the height limit, there is no width limit or mention of manipulating plants lol

Not a problem!! It is always nice to mess with the plants a little, see what they can take. I know I have been pushing a couple of mine to the limits and learning from the mistakes as well haha!

I'd like to see what kind of healthy harvest I can start getting out of 4 plants, I managed 1/4lb out of 2 plants last time and they were only in containers just over 1gallon. Once the laws change in Canada there will be a household limit of 4 plants not to exceed 1 meter in height, unless you are a medical card grower of course. Looks like fluxing will be my friend so I stay under the height limit, there is no width limit or mention of manipulating plants lol

Be glad you can legally grow even with those limits.:cheer: You guys have a start and at least you can expand on laws provided you don't end up with a dip shit who wants to turn back the clock.:partyboy:

I will be happy for that once it happens, but the laws that come along with it are ridiculous.. Sale to a minor could land you 14 years in prison, that's longer than someone who molests a child in some cases... don't get me wrong, it's still not right in either case, but you would think that the 2nd should be higher. Some of the crazy laws that are coming along with this whole thing is like prohibition all over again in a sense, should be interesting. We already have a dip shit in power right now, he may have put legalization of cannabis on the table, but everything else he has been doing is just putting us farther into debt than we were, he sends all this money to other countries before even thinking about contributing to homeless canadians first,, I could go on and on, but I wont lol

But speaking of turning back the clock.. There is actually someone running for one of the political parties that says if elected PM she will reverse everything that Trudeau has put in place with legalization of cannabis. I don't think she will get many votes as a good majority of canadians voted for Trudeau on the promis of legalization lol

**update time**

wk 9 day 58

Hello and :welcome:back to this week's update. Today I gave the plants a coating of worm castings and ashes for preperation of flipping them on the 1st. Before I did that,I loosened up the soil[aeration] by plunging a large flat head screw driver into the soil so the worm casting and ashes could penetrate deep into the soil. After that I thoroughly watered the plants and washed most of the nutrients under the top of the soil. Now all is set for the flip and the plants got they'e last taste of nitrogen. They will be watered with straight well water over the course of the next 2 weeks, when they will be started on flowering nutes.:cheesygrinsmiley:

So here's the picture of the plants before watering so you can see the worm castings and ashes ready to be absorbed into the soil.

WC_s_and_WW_s_prep_5-28-17.jpg

So the girls are fit and happy. What do you guys think of the ashes experiment?
Stay tooned for more episodes of "How Green Is My Garden":rofl::rofl::rofl:

Them girls sure are looking great shruum! Are you planning to train the branches back some for more light penetration?
I like the ash experiment, it has proven to work so far right? Whats your next experiment going to be? lol

Them girls sure are looking great shruum! Are you planning to train the branches back some for more light penetration?
I like the ash experiment, it has proven to work so far right? Whats your next experiment going to be? lol

Yeppers I did some serious trimming yesterday, and there will be one more over the weekend. I've got a scrog that will be around them in their final configuration of the pots.:wood: That is if I don't bite the big one hanging the scrog around the gear.:rofl:

Yeppers I did some serious trimming yesterday, and there will be one more over the weekend. I've got a scrog that will be around them in their final configuration of the pots.:wood: That is if I don't bite the big one hanging the scrog around the gear.:rofl:

Right on, I bet they will look purrrty once they start the stretch :) Make sure you have an extra set of hands you trust when hanging it my friend! I am thinking about scrogs to but I want to make them out of pvc and secure them to my plant caddies lol Will see how creative I can get

Right on, I bet they will look purrrty once they start the stretch :) Make sure you have an extra set of hands you trust when hanging it my friend! I am thinking about scrogs to but I want to make them out of pvc and secure them to my plant caddies lol Will see how creative I can get

I made mine out of 1/2 in. pvc. I used a straight 90 instead of the 3 connect for feet. I'm suspending mine from the top of the tent, using binders, and string to adjust height. Its just a beeaach to rig the scrog with the lights and such in the way. After that initial moving of the buds, I can raise the scrog as it goes through the "stretching stage.":cheesygrinsmiley:
And dick, I'm not sure what experimenting I'll be doing next, but I'm sure it will hit me.:rofl: I do know that this experiment was a success in my books. I didn't kill the plants and gained wisdom. I started seeing brown spots, so to adjust the "go for it plan" would be to add Cal-Mag when watering during the veg state. A two used soils to one fresh soil mix {thanks to OS for the idea] powdered fan leaves, Cal-Mag, and ashes works quite well and it saves money and no salt residue on the roots or soil to inhibit flowering nutes.;)

Back
Top Bottom