Stonecrusher's Garage: Gorilla Cookies Auto And Purple Banana Punch Auto

Lmao.

Only if you knew. Or I knew for that matter. Before I relocated I had the obvious idea of cannibalism. You know that stuff that happens in other" countries.

Bought a house in the Ozarks, found out a week later. A girl disappeared from local Walmart, was held captive, and was fully processed. The guy even fed ribs to his neighbor unknowingly. All within 30days of signing.

I was like holy dang. Keeping to my own damn self now.

But my soil.. Yes. It eventually eats everything it produces, besides the nuggets.
I can't really make light of that... But if I did, I'd say something like "Experienced cannibals know its all in the processing". Or "In the Ozarks they take Love Thy Neighbor seriously.
Sorry, really sorry..

I can't really make light of that... But if I did, I'd say something like "Experienced cannibals know its all in the processing". Or "In the Ozarks they take Love Thy Neighbor seriously.
Sorry, really sorry..
You are what you eat.

Harvest update:
Ive been a little quiet here for last couple of weeks. But Im ready to update this morning.
The 2x4 auto grow is all but jarred, and lies curing in a tub for now. I cut the plants down just shy of 90 days from seedling when they had nicely balanced trichromes. They were all looking like last days of fall too.
They hung in the tent at roughly 60% RH and 60* F. Temps and RH in the garage can vary but I tried hard to keep it close. I was using the humidifier on my seedlings in my new 3x3 tent, so I resorted to other means to keep RH in the range. I put down saucers of water and kept the cloth pots with soil in the tent and wet them down every day or two. This raised the RH to a good range, mostly. But next time I find myself with seedlings and drying plants at the same time Ill probably just buy another humidifier.
They achieved the "stem snap" stage yesterday so I cut off branches and moved all to a tub for a little cure until I have time to buck and jar them.
A sample of the Gorilla Cookies was smoked last night and my wife and I didn't even make it an hour before we were nodding off. Good strong and heavy buzz! Weekend will give me a chance to really see daytime effects.
Ill post some weight numbers here over the weekend for the books.
Thanks everyone who followed and advised. This is my first grow here at 420 Mag and it definitely helped me do better!

Finally, a little comment on tent size. Growing here has inspired me to expand the operation.
I bought a 3x3 tent because it fit the space available in my garage next to the 2x4. I've only used it for a few weeks now, but I would say that if I had it to do again I'd get another 2x4 and make space (who needs a lawnmower anyway).
I'm finding that usable space is different than square footage, and it is kind of annoying to work on the rear plants and not fall on the front ones, or step on them or knock them over. And my humidifier takes up valuable footprint.
Moving forward I wonder how many plants fit. I was thinking 4. But the space is probably better for one large trained plant.
We love you @Stonecrusher 😘

Ready for your next one?

OGP man, you are the best for making a guy feel loved! You and @Grand Daddy Black have especially been welcoming.
And of course Im ready for the next grow!! My outdoor journal is just getting revved up and the 3x3 has a handful of fun girls ready to tan in the outside sun! I can almost smell the coconuts!!

OGP man, you are the best for making a guy feel loved! You and @Grand Daddy Black have especially been welcoming.
And of course Im ready for the next grow!! My outdoor journal is just getting revved up and the 3x3 has a handful of fun girls ready to tan in the outside sun! I can almost smell the coconuts!!
Mmmm coconuts! Excited! I will be watching!

What's going outside Crusher?
I'm planning to keep the outdoor grow tight. Just 2 or 3 plants to include Afghan x Super Skunk, Alien OG, and a Harlequin. I'm still recovering from last year when I had 9 with varying sized pots. Watering was a nightmare! So I'm putting all 3 in 30 gal pots of organic soil.
You might be interested to know I have 2 friends who will be hosting plants that I have started. I'll keep you posted. I'm following your remote grow with interest.

I'm planning to keep the outdoor grow tight. Just 2 or 3 plants to include Afghan x Super Skunk, Alien OG, and a Harlequin. I'm still recovering from last year when I had 9 with varying sized pots. Watering was a nightmare! So I'm putting all 3 in 30 gal pots of organic soil.
You might be interested to know I have 2 friends who will be hosting plants that I have started. I'll keep you posted. I'm following your remote grow with interest.
Crusher, your "Backyard Bonanza" signature link brings you back to this grow.

For anyone here reading this, thanks for checking in on my first grow diary. After long deliberation I decided to make this an autoflower run. It should finish up just in time to sprout my outdoor seeds. I chose 2 Gorilla Cookies Autos from Fastbuds and they included a Banana Purple Punch Auto for the bonus seed. I was super happy to see the Banana purple punch since I had great luck with Banana Kush Autos last year.

Here are the details:
Strain/s: Fastbuds Gorilla Cookies Auto and Banana Purple Punch
Genetic Makeup: G.C. are 55% indica, B.P.P. are 75% indica
Pot/Bucket Size: 5 Gal fabric pots
Tent Size: 2'x4'
Grow Space: Cold 2 car garage in winter:(
How Many Plants: 3
Environment: Indoor
Stage: Full grow
Medium: Build A Soil Light with grow dots, possibly added coco (still in Solo cups) will update
Lights: Vipar Spectra LS 2500 200wat
Nutrients: Grow Dots
Room/Tent Temperature: 70-80°
Relative Humidity: 65%
Media/Res PH: NA
Pests: None
Watering: As needed, will update

PXL_20240203_213348976.jpg
I hear that the gorilla cookies autos are pretty good yielders and good potency. I was almost going to order some along with fat bastard auto seeds but at last minute i cheaped out and decided to just do some photos i already had. You'll have to keep letting us see progress pictures of the grow. Have a great evening bud!🤙

I hear that the gorilla cookies autos are pretty good yielders and good potency. I was almost going to order some along with fat bastard auto seeds but at last minute i cheaped out and decided to just do some photos i already had. You'll have to keep letting us see progress pictures of the grow. Have a great evening bud!🤙
Hi Mike
I just harvested the Gorilla Cookies Autos. We are on that journal right now. Just go back a couple of pages and you can see how the grow went!
Thanks for checking in
SC

Start of 5th week yesterday. Looks like they'll finally be moving to the green house if weather keeps permitting. Been a bit too chilly at night still. The 2 on the left were slightly stunted early on as seedlings but catching up. Starting to smell deliciously like pungent,earthy,skunkyness already. Can't wait to smell it when i start budding it out later on. Any advice on getting more heighth without stretching them so the stalks stay sturdy would be appreciated. They're about 9"-12" tall now after being topped. They just keep getting wider.

20240509_195147.jpg

Checked it out. Looks like you did good.
I think the buds are really high quality. They have had 2 weeks to hang at 60% RH and first smoke was outstanding! but I could have done better at getting them to grow larger. So far I haven't mastered the early stages but Ive picked up some tips for getting them to veg larger before they start to flower. Or at least I hope to try some new ideas. Here is what Im changing for the next auto run:
1. plant directly into final pot
2. keep soil as light and fluffy as possible in the container, so the roots can really spread without any resistance
3. avoid over watering at all costs
4. this one is optional but one grower here, @Justin Goody , finds topping as soon as you see first pistils to help get bigger autoflowers. Im on board and will try this on my next run.

I think the buds are really high quality. They have had 2 weeks to hang at 60% RH and first smoke was outstanding! but I could have done better at getting them to grow larger. So far I haven't mastered the early stages but Ive picked up some tips for getting them to veg larger before they start to flower. Or at least I hope to try some new ideas. Here is what Im changing for the next auto run:
1. plant directly into final pot
2. keep soil as light and fluffy as possible in the container, so the roots can really spread without any resistance
3. avoid over watering at all costs
4. this one is optional but one grower here, @Justin Goody , finds topping as soon as you see first pistils to help get bigger autoflowers. Im on board and will try this on my next run.
I definitely do.
Also very important- make sure it’s born into plenty of light. I make sure mine pop into 20-22k lux. That first week of light is so critical and often they are placed under a softer weaker light for germination. I like to put them straight into the fire.

I definitely do.
Also very important- make sure it’s born into plenty of light. I make sure mine pop into 20-22k lux. That first week of light is so critical and often they are placed under a softer weaker light for germination. I like to put them straight into the fire.
When you top do you just take the node with the first pistils or do you go deeper?

When you top do you just take the node with the first pistils or do you go deeper?
The bottom very first leaves/branching is removed. As soon as it shows pistils I top above either the 3rd or 4th node (within a day or 2) and depending how big they are.

Back
Top Bottom