Strawberry Lemonade & Glookies

Kimber015

Finally the time has come. I’ve just started grow number 3.

Everyone is welcome, throw all your advice at me, I might listen, I might learn the hard way (I do that sometimes). Feel free to just sit in the corner and peak in at times if you like as well.

Seeds:
5 x Strawberry Lemonade
5 x Glookies.

Strain info can be found at ! Cannabis & Marijuana Seeds | BARNEYS FARM® @Barney's Farm

Setup:
1.2 x 2.4 x 2.0 Metres Grow Tent
10 inch RVK outlet fan
10 inch filter
8 inch RCK inline fan
Combi ducting to reduce sound
2 x 600w HPS Adjust a wings

I use the above after 3 or so weeks in a small cupboard under a 220w T5 light.

Germination process:
I’ve stuck with the same process I’ve followed in the past. It was shown to
me by a friend and hasn’t failed me.

1. Get some toilet paper, none of the cheap kind. Fold it up and cover a small plate. Fold it over around 6 times.
2. Boil the kettle and allow it to cool for 30 minutes, so it’s warm but not hot.
3. Saturate the toilet paper, cause a little puddle in the middle of the plate. Let it soak for a few minutes and add a little more.
4. Once the toilet paper has soaked it up it should be almost dripping wet even on the edges of the toilet paper. If a puddle can still be seen in the middle just tip it off the plate.
5. Place 2 to 3 seeds on each plate, allowing plenty of space between them.
6. Put another plate on top which keeps the seeds in complete darkness and keeps the humidity a bit high.
7. I wait 3-5 days, allowing for around an inch of root to appear from the seed.
8. Check daily to ensure the toilet roll hasn’t dried up. It doesn’t need to stay saturated, just ensure it doesn’t go dry.

This works for me. I’ve germinated 30 seeds and haven’t had a failure. Any questions on this feel free to ask.

Plan:
So in the past I’ve vegged for 4-5 weeks, I plan to follow a guide on mainlining or whatever you wish to call it. I understand this will set me back some weeks, so it’ll be interesting to see by how much, and whether it was worth the time.

3ECEED88-CB4B-4529-9EC0-80C42B4D13E7.jpeg
9D2A4ECA-D608-46FC-A6F6-BE2A692D3CDE.jpeg
D69CEBDC-4EF4-47E5-BDA0-E708E8C21E8E.jpeg
FC369D4F-3BBA-4469-9CD3-D6AAECD9BCD8.jpeg
E3C81A89-B09E-4A20-BCEF-1956CD924862.jpeg

Yep im in! Kudos to those with 2 or more journals! Only thing keeping me updating my journals constently is so i know when ive watered and what the plant looks like at each stage. Staying with a journal is tough especially when everything is going as planned, or if everything goes to shit and you just give up lol.

Yep im in! Kudos to those with 2 or more journals! Only thing keeping me updating my journals constently is so i know when ive watered and what the plant looks like at each stage. Staying with a journal is tough especially when everything is going as planned, or if everything goes to shit and you just give up lol.

Yeah I got to say I spent a lot more time in veg updating my journals because there was a lot to do and problems to get over. During flower my journal has slowed down as it’s the nice and easy slightly boring part for me. Plus I’ve been pretty lucky with hardly any issues in flower.

This grow should be more fun though, especially with the training I plan to do.

Thanks for watching this one too!

Well, after a lot of thinking I decided to drop the strawberry lemonade. I’ve purchased Dos si Dos 33, a new strain from Barneys.

I dropped the strain due to it being Sativa dominant, in a haste I didn’t realise this when purchasing it.

I may grow 1 strawberry lemonade, if I can make the space. So, sorry for anyone who came to check out the strain. I’ve no idea how to change the title.

Well, after a lot of thinking I decided to drop the strawberry lemonade. I’ve purchased Dos si Dos 33, a new strain from Barneys.

I dropped the strain due to it being Sativa dominant, in a haste I didn’t realise this when purchasing it.

I may grow 1 strawberry lemonade, if I can make the space. So, sorry for anyone who came to check out the strain. I’ve no idea how to change the title.

I came here for the Strawberry but I’ll forgive you and stick around :hug:

I came here for the Strawberry but I’ll forgive you and stick around :hug:

:D:D Woohoo, forgiveness. I will not let you down :p

I will grow 1 of the seeds anyway. I just started checking out your journal, not too far through it, going to continue now, looks good so far.

:D:D Woohoo, forgiveness. I will not let you down :p

I will grow 1 of the seeds anyway. I just started checking out your journal, not too far through it, going to continue now, looks good so far.

Thanks :high-five: we have similar taste in strains so I be sticking around here:popcorn: I was going to pick up some Dos-si-Dos 33 for my next grow but my store was sold out.

Are you making a new journal for your new stuff?

To be honest I’d seen the Dos si Dos on the Barney site but I didn’t actually look at it. Guy at shop persuaded me and it just fits in nicely with the Glookies time line, so I’m keen to see how I get on with it. I’m excited with the Glookies though.

You mentioned something about a mix of gorilla and zkittlez on your journal. Was that the Gorilla Zkittlez? I’m on my 2nd grow of GZ at the moment, such a tough strain. I treated it terribly first time round and it was perfect still.

Little update:

Glookies have all popped, ready to plant to be honest. I’m trying to hold out so I can plant the Dos si Dos at the same time.

All the SL have popped, they were a little slower than the Glookies. I will be picking the best looking seed, if a seed can possibly look better than another :D

All the Dos si Dos have popped, but I’d like the root a little bit longer before I plant them. Hopefully they’ll be ready tomorrow evening.

Are you making a new journal for your new stuff?

To be honest I’d seen the Dos si Dos on the Barney site but I didn’t actually look at it. Guy at shop persuaded me and it just fits in nicely with the Glookies time line, so I’m keen to see how I get on with it. I’m excited with the Glookies though.

I haven’t really been journaling my second batch of SL but I do have some cuttings that I was debating whether to cross with Pink Kush and write about that.

I’m sure your garden will turn out great since you have an awesome selection of strains and you know what your doing :thumb:

You mentioned something about a mix of gorilla and zkittlez on your journal. Was that the Gorilla Zkittlez? I’m on my 2nd grow of GZ at the moment, such a tough strain. I treated it terribly first time round and it was perfect still.

Yeah I purchased some GZ, LSD, Peyote Cookies, Shiskaberry and Blueberry but I already have some Pink Kush I got from a buddy so those seeds might have to wait to be popped. Also I’m checking out your GZ journal now.

You should journal it all. I’ve got near enough all my information from this site. So glad people spend so much time updating things.

When it comes to crossing strains it’s just not something I can do. Being in the UK it’s a little harder to make the space and time to start crossing strains, it’s a real pain. I love growing the plant, and it really does kill me I’m not allowed to grow it the way I really want to.

Yeah you’ve got a nice selection with them. I looked at every single one of them, only reason I didn’t get the shiskaberry was because it was out of stock, the guy in the shop did say he had a few reports of a small yield though from a few of his customers. Could of quite easily been human error rather than strain though.

Not sure I know what I’m doing but I’ll take the complaint :thanks:

You should journal it all. I’ve got near enough all my information from this site. So glad people spend so much time updating things.

I've learned a lot here too and there's a possibility that I might grow this strain 3+ times so I probably should continue my journal.

When it comes to crossing strains it’s just not something I can do. Being in the UK it’s a little harder to make the space and time to start crossing strains, it’s a real pain. I love growing the plant, and it really does kill me I’m not allowed to grow it the way I really want to.

Yeah I wish that I could do a perpetual aeroponics sea of green but that's frowned upon here too :p

Yeah you’ve got a nice selection with them. I looked at every single one of them, only reason I didn’t get the shiskaberry was because it was out of stock, the guy in the shop did say he had a few reports of a small yield though from a few of his customers. Could of quite easily been human error rather than strain though.

Hopefully not, I let you know if I ever get around to growing one to harvest :morenutes:

Not sure I know what I’m doing but I’ll take the complaint :thanks:

No problem :passitleft:

Update time!

5 Glookies
5 Dos si Dos 33
1 Strawberry Lemonade for @Ladon

Soil is BioBizz AllMix. Will be using this through out.

Light is a T5 light for seedlings and early veg, 220 Watts.

So I only had 10 larger red cups. So the SL had to go in a smaller cup.

Each cup weighs 154g before watering. I will use this number to ensure the plants aren’t under or over watered which was a struggle on the last grow. It takes just 2 minutes to weigh them all but could save weeks of problems.

Every seed popped, 4 SL were thrown away. Have given them all a very light watering, around 80ml each.

953FEDDC-97CC-4448-B147-388ED703E819.jpeg
88E7F963-AF30-4678-BE61-7DBF722575BD.jpeg
291B077B-2194-4447-B3DE-FF37803264D5.jpeg
259C1D37-C9CE-4266-9EE9-82A24ECA3086.jpeg
0C177881-54BC-4D40-BFE9-5B4CCE875528.jpeg

Have 7 out of 11 which have broke soil. I think me being away and allowing it all to get dry may have killed a few off. Not sure how much longer to wait before possibly getting some more seeds.

Have 8 seeds broke soil. Not sure it’s going to get better, its enough to fill the tent but I did want 9.

I guess that confirms dont work away just after planting some seedlings.

Just some pictures on the seedlings.

So with the 8 remaining so far so good, some further ahead than others, but no issues to report.

They are being watered once, sometimes twice a day with a very light watering. I do weigh them before watering to ensure they are ready. I’m giving them around 50ml a day.

Also, new phone, pictures seem a lot clearer. Hopefully it’ll hold its quality once uploaded.

8FFD8B6A-53EF-49C5-A892-5BDB779F6A4D.jpeg
17A0019A-B785-400C-B174-12EC946FCCF9.jpeg
5012DA3E-0B2D-49FF-A525-7BED76149650.jpeg
A5FB69E0-BBC4-4354-A680-E6D109B24E97.jpeg
7786D079-836C-4E71-A474-4B35ECA7F121.jpeg
B04F316F-E793-4E49-BA0B-E243779C6F79.jpeg
56AF8BD3-7091-44EB-83E6-A9934F361F85.jpeg
2C79E4B6-74F8-4DF0-8990-6E9EEDD29E47.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom