Stunger Tries Trough Growing And Attempts Fluxing On His Organic Living Soil Balcony

Thanks Joe! I'm really looking forward to her buds. The colder nights have turned her a dark purple. Today in the sun.

It's been freezing here, frosty in the morning (not that I'm up that early 😂) but I'm turning purple too...

Update - A pictorial with more closeups of trichomes

Greetings 420 enthusiasts!

Chilly weather this week but the clear skies made for some great Aurora viewing for those lucky enough to view it. Over on my island in the sea you needed to be looking south to view it.

Today there was no wind, and I had some time to muck around and take a few pics for another gander at the trichomes of both plants.

The Super Lemon Haze is really tricky to view closeup because by being at the right hand end of the trough the sun is coming right at you, that's when it would be good for her to be in a pot that can be moved temporarily to a more photogenic position.

And aside from that, the sparrows have been using the balcony planters as a dust bath and then the wind has been blowing what they kick up over the Super Lemon Haze so I will have to give her a good hose down or bucket wash when I harvest her.

Looking close up she is the ugly one so I will show her first and follow up with the more photogenic Mulanje Sherbert.

Half a dozen pics of each plant to show a better average range of trichomes than just a single pic or two would give.

Super Lemon Haze

Overall clear/cloudy trichomes with the very occasional amber.

Mulanje Sherbert

Also, mostly clear/cloudy, with an occasional amber and white pistil.

Last year's Mulanje Sherbert was a sister to this plant and I did the final harvest of her on May 20th, that was after several partial harvests were carried out as stems died off. This year's plant continues to look strong so I will try to keep her going a little longer if possible and see if that further improves the potency.

Thanks for dropping in, I hope you're having a great weekend!
:ganjamon:

^^^^

IMG_5192.jpeg

Excellent trich shots as usual Stunger, and it's interesting that the green SLH has more purple trichomes than the purple MS!
Thanks Shed! It's quite neat that purple vein that sometimes travels up the trichome stalk, I wonder what it's made up of.
Good morning Stung :)

How do you get such good glitter shots?

I try and try.
Hi Tra, my camera is quite basic, it has a fixed lens and no zoom, on it's own it is definitely not good for closeups.

For magnification I use a 'clip on' attachment by Raynox. I actually have 2 of their products a DCR-250 which @Lady Cannafan uses and has shown --> here. And also a slightly stronger one, the Raynox MSN-202 which I use most often.

These clip ons behave the same as the closeup lenses that folks use to clip on to their mobile phones for increased magnification of their images.

However the Raynox lenses also have a thread and as my camera's fixed lens has a thread for filter use, I utilise a 'step-down ring' to directly screw the Raynox on to my lens for a more secure fit that then won't fly off if I accidentally bump it.

I can even screw the 2 raynox closeup lens together for huge magnification but the resulting depth of focus is massively reduced and without special lighting and tripod stabilisation there is not enough light to make a good useable image.

The other thing, because I am mostly hand holding the camera I try to use a high shutter speed of 1/1000 or 1/2000th of a second to reduce any hand shaking and wind movement of the plants that will result in blurring of the picture.

I would recommend the Raynox closeup lens but if using the stronger one (MSN-202) it would probably be best suited to a camera that can provide a shutter speed of 1/1000th of a second, if hand holding the camera. If the camera is super stable by using a tripod or resting it upon something stable, and the plant is very still then yes, then you should be able to take closeup photos fine with a slower shutter speed.

Back
Top Bottom