Stunted Growth Northen Lights Auto

simonsaid24

My northern lights auto is 6 days old and I think she's experiencing a stunted growth period. I noticed she stopped growing on day 4, the first set of leaves look good, the second set started out growing fast and then stopped, the second set of leaves is only half the size it should be. It's now day 6 and I'm seeing little growth, very slow growth from the third set of leaves at the top, there very small and growing out very slow. My first grow can someone help me please? I didn't transplant or do anything to her, she just stopped for two days and now growing very slow. What do I do? This is my northern lights auto set up. Am I doing anything wrong here to stunt her growth?

lights - 5 clf's, 2 of them are 6500k, the other 3 are 5000k ( 100 watts each )
light schedule - 18/6
temp - range between 81F - 84F (86F when I'm not home)
humidity - range between 45% - 65% and low 70's at night or when I'm not home
PH level - range between 6.8 - 7 with just water (no nutes as yet)
grow medium - 3 gallon buck with airy light grow soil ( low low nutes )

My northern lights auto is 6 days old and I think she's experiencing a stunted growth period. I noticed she stopped growing on day 4, the first set of leaves look good, the second set started out growing fast and then stopped, the second set of leaves is only half the size it should be. It's now day 6 and I'm seeing little growth, very slow growth from the third set of leaves at the top, there very small and growing out very slow. My first grow can someone help me please? I didn't transplant or do anything to her, she just stopped for two days and now growing very slow. What do I do? This is my northern lights auto set up. Am I doing anything wrong here to stunt her growth?

lights - 5 clf's, 2 of them are 6500k, the other 3 are 5000k ( 100 watts each )
light schedule - 18/6
temp - range between 81F - 84F (86F when I'm not home)
humidity - range between 45% - 65% and low 70's at night or when I'm not home
PH level - range between 6.8 - 7 with just water (no nutes as yet)
grow medium - 3 gallon buck with airy light grow soil ( low low nutes )

It sounds like it's a little warm in your room. I try not to let it get above 80f ever (unless you're using co2, then 85f would be the top of your range).

It sounds like it's a little warm in your room. I try not to let it get above 80f ever (unless you're using co2, then 85f would be the top of your range).

Sorry but you have misinformation here. This is not true at all... 86 degrees F is the perfect temperature with lights on for cannabis. Lights off should be at least 10 degrees less. If using CO2 you can push in the 90's. If you are not getting over 80 then you are having slower growth than what you could have.

At only day 6 it will be hard to notice your plant not growing IMO. Make sure you are letting the soil dry out completely before watering. Keep us updated. Pictures always helps.

Sorry but you have misinformation here. This is not true at all... 86 degrees F is the perfect temperature with lights on for cannabis. Lights off should be at least 10 degrees less. If using CO2 you can push in the 90's. If you are not getting over 80 then you are having slower growth than what you could have.

I actually have a problem with my plants growing too fast and my temp is steady at 75f. My plants start showing signs of heat stress at around 82-83f

I actually have a problem with my plants growing too fast and my temp is steady at 75f. My plants start showing signs of heat stress at around 82-83f

Can you tell me how one has a problem with plants growing to fast? Im very curious at that lol! If you have heat stress at 82 then you need more air moving or raise your lights. Its proven... 86 degrees F is the optimal temps for cannabis. Sorry you cant get there. I dont mean to come off rude but giving your personal grow opinions to someone new is not the right way to do things. I try and offer 100% true data and whats been tested and proven. You can grow at 70 degrees with lights off but thats not optimal as you will get stunted growth.

Edit to add: If you are getting heat stress at 82 then your CO2 levels are two low most likely. More ventalation will help you increase the temps which in turn you will have more rapid growth. But if yours are already growing to fast it doesnt matter. Good luck!

Can you tell me how one has a problem with plants growing to fast? Im very curious at that lol! If you have heat stress at 82 then you need more air moving or raise your lights. Its proven... 86 degrees F is the optimal temps for cannabis. Sorry you cant get there. I dont mean to come off rude but giving your personal grow opinions to someone new is not the right way to do things. I try and offer 100% true data and whats been tested and proven. You can grow at 70 degrees with lights off but thats not optimal as you will get stunted growth.

I just had some plants get 3.5ft tall with a 5x5ft canopy in three and a half weeks out of the cloner. I didn't plan for that at all because that size usually takes me 5 or 6 weeks at least when my temperatures were getting too high... Raising your lights lowers the temperature at the canopy. and so does more air flow across the lights.

I believe that the optimal temperature for cannabis growing outside could be 75-86f, but I know more than a handful of people that would agree with me that 75f is the optimal temperature for indoor growing. and that 86 is too hot.

This is not my personal opinion:

"When the light is turned on, an ideal temperature for the cuttings and seedlings is between 68ºF and 77ºF (20ºC and 25ºC). As the plants get older they can evaporate a little bit more and the temperature may increase to a maximum of 82ºF (28ºC). When the lights are off, the temperature should lie between 62ºF and 72ºF (17ºC and 22ºC). Another important rule is that the temperature differences between day and night cannot be too high, a maximum difference of 10ºC. So when it's 82ºF (28ºC) during the day, it cannot go below 64ºF (18ºF) at night. A temperature difference of 5ºC is ideal."

"Marijuana grown indoors functions better at moderate temperatures between 70 and 75*F (21-23*C) during the light period and a drop of no more than 15*F (9*C) to 60*F (15*C) during the dark period. CO2-enriched plants will produce more at a marginally higher temperature of just under 80*F (27*C).

If the temperature drops below 60*F (15*C) during the dark period, plants will grow more slowly and yields will not be as abundant. This won't be readily apparent if you aren't particularly familiar with the garden's normal output. A few nights of cool temperatures won't significantly damage your crop, but if it continues to occur throughout the flowering period, it can definitely be cause for concern. A CO2 generator or electric heater can heat the room adequately.

If the floor can have a steady temperature at around 80*F (27*C), the roots will be warmed and the stems and leaves will withstand influxes of colder air. A heating mat is ideal if you've only got a few plants to worry about. Larger gardens might require the use of a recirculating hot water heater to ensure optimal temperatures."

Yep! I see you found Robert Bergman's growing guide. Growing cannabis is like any other hobby and there are a 1000 ways to do things. Thats awesome you go such fast growth! I do agree you can easily get heat stress at 86 degrees as I have some now. I do however get a lot better growth when my closets are around the 86 degrees rather than colder temps below 80. Thanks for sharing your method. Each person is different and has there own ways to do things! I also agree that maybe that 86 degrees is better utilized outdoors where the plant can flourish. Either way I do know that it has been proven 86 is the optimal temp for proper stages that cannabis goes through! I didnt mean to come off strong on something so small. Thanks for helping out! I will be following your journal and hope u keep it updated!

Growing cannabis is like any other hobby and there are a 1000 ways to do things.

Very true. I think we've successfully confused simonsaid24.

Any pictures simonsaid?

I just read both debates and I wanna say thanks guys. I'm actually not confused because I have been reading everything I can think of on tha topic of growing and reading countless forums. But all in all I learned something from both of you guys and that's trial and error. Ill have to make my own mistakes to find the best method for me. Nervous to show pics, but Ill keep you guys updated.

Back
Top Bottom