The Daab By Ispire

Hi all, since I wrote about the @Ispire THE WAND, as if that beautiful unit didn't rocket us deep enough into orbit, the good folks at ISPIRE put another wonder of a concentrate cooker in my hands to tell you about!
THE daab!
Perfect size, awesome hits, and cleaning is the easiest! And it's so well made! It comes safely packaged in a pelican case.

It was easy to get going. Everything got out of the plastic covering and assembled. The color user manual is a breath of fresh air in its simple instructions. I had it together and ready to fire up in a minute.

And fire up it did! As instructed I put water to the line on the glass section through the mouthpiece and snapped it onto the base. It now will pick up the base as the magnet is that strong however I hold it by the base. Why tempt fate?

I choose cold starts, that's putting my concentrate in before turning it on to heat, and 450f to start to get a terpene taste. That is so flavorful at this temp and not so much less it seemed as I went up to 750 to end the sesh's with a bang. A hot start is an option.

The daab turns on with 5 clicks of the trigger to an armed condition like THE WAND, then two clicks of the trigger to start the auto heat cycle. I start to toke a few seconds after that and get smooth rich tasty hits from both shatter from the weed store, which was super extra flavorful, and my squeezed rosin which is getting tasted for the second time! I love this!
When the auto cycle is done and we want more during the sesh, the trigger gets pushed and held for direct on time. That makes for some fine individual tokes!

The daab is for concentrate only unlike its WAND sister. There's two concentrate cups. One can be cooling while the other in service. In the sessions Ms Otter and I have had the second cup wasn't needed because the first didn't get gunked up enough for us. Maybe my dabs were small? I'm a rookie still so more practice until I get it right! Anyway, we dab through the night on one cup without needing a swap if we're using one type rosin.

Cleaning is the easiest of any of our devices in the house! ISPIRE puts a couple of 90% alcohol wipes in the box and some picky swabs for cleaning. I haven't tried them yet, I should. What I am doing is putting some 95% alcohol in a shot glass and dropping the metal encased banger and the glass carburetor in while I make coffee in the morning. After breakfast a wipe out and swishy swishy of the water chamber part and I'm good to go. This unit won't go back in the case here, it's too perfect for our counter or table!

Using invisible forces to heat is a technology Michael Faraday brought us in 1831, @Grandpa Tokin, didn't you deliver newspapers to him?;). Engineering at ISPIRE has transformed it to us today in this fantastic brain scrambler and I'm all in! This is a very well made unit that delivers everything promised! I find myself looking forward to the next time every time! A perfect toy/tool for this century!
Be well everyone.

I want one. That looks great. What’s the battery life like? Charging? I’m still using fire…

Good review bud.
I can't say not knowing. I have run it for the night a few times for my wife and I. Several dabs(4 or 5), lots of hitting the trigger. In the morning when I give it a clean I plug it in and it seems to have a little less than half battery life left. It takes replaceable batteries so no matter how hard you are on it, just throw a newly charged set in. I don't think we're going to need to go into that with our use though. Also it runs plugged in if needed.

When we talked last about this if I remember, we were both using a small hand held unit that was good but a PITA to clean and very small loads. This unit and The Wand change that in a big way by allowing a much bigger dab. The minute I saw these I knew they were for me!

Interesting unit, I've been looking for something easier to clean. A pic of the unit after use would be helpful.
Good point Bob! I have these pics from this morning. I filled it 3 or 4 times yesterday.

And here it is now after swishing the excess alcohol from cleaning this morning. There's moisture in there from that.
I don't have pics of the banger right now. It cleans up nice with a little work and a little soak to be perfect.

Good point Bob! I have these pics from this morning. I filled it 3 or 4 times yesterday.

And here it is now after swishing the excess alcohol from cleaning this morning. There's moisture in there from that.
I don't have pics of the banger right now. It cleans up nice with a little work and a little soak to be perfect.
Very interesting! Great posts!

HERE'S HOW I CLEANED IT UP THIS MORNING

Alrighty now, so to answer any questions about cleaning, here's a pictorial of what happened today.

As I stumble for the coffee pot I grab THE daab and pour a half shot glass of high% alcohol in and give the banger and carburetor a soak.
The banger looks pretty nasty all sticky and burnt inside. So does the tip of the carburetor.

Then the wait. This is the the whole thing tools and all soaking.
After I'm awake and had breakfast it's time to give a scrub. So I take a wooden toothpick and swirl it around still, half filled with alcohol, feeling the burnt offerings disappear as I pick away the sides and bottom leaving it looking like this. Much better.
Then a few q-tips dipped in alcohol scrubbed around all inside until it looks like this.
The rest stays pretty clean. A napkin touched to alcohol and wiped keeps everything just right. Here it is ready to serve again. I have a small brush for the inside of the carburetor, I haven't had my hands on it yet though. I think that about does it.
Edit: I didn't mention that when I'm done with the banger and carb, it's time to pour the alcohol into the bong part of it and shake. Today I put a half tsp of kosher salt in for the shake and had a fast clean of things. After, I go with a drop of dish soap and water rinse until clear.

HERE'S HOW I CLEANED IT UP THIS MORNING

Alrighty now, so to answer any questions about cleaning, here's a pictorial of what happened today.

As I stumble for the coffee pot I grab THE daab and pour a half shot glass of high% alcohol in and give the banger and carburetor a soak.
The banger looks pretty nasty all sticky and burnt inside. So does the tip of the carburetor.

Then the wait. This is the the whole thing tools and all soaking.
After I'm awake and had breakfast it's time to give a scrub. So I take a wooden toothpick and swirl it around still, half filled with alcohol, feeling the burnt offerings disappear as I pick away the sides and bottom leaving it looking like this. Much better.
Then a few q-tips dipped in alcohol scrubbed around all inside until it looks like this.
The rest stays pretty clean. A napkin touched to alcohol and wiped keeps everything just right. Here it is ready to serve again. I have a small brush for the inside of the carburetor, I haven't had my hands on it yet though. I think that about does it.
Edit: I didn't mention that when I'm done with the banger and carb, it's time to pour the alcohol into the bong part of it and shake. Today I put a half tsp of kosher salt in for the shake and had a fast clean of things. After, I go with a drop of dish soap and water rinse until clear.
You handle expensive daab glass for cleaning before coffee...good God MAN, you are a Magic Man! Coffee before all things...except initial bathroom break (watch that aim).

Coffee, 99% alcohol and a daab - breakfast of champions!

At our age, it's more like; enjoying a coffee and a joint, bowl or edible with the misses.

Made a small batch of hash and currently curing it. I have smoked dabs before, but don't have the equipment to do the pressing.

Still great review.
You get 100% agreement here...at my age the simple things are the most satisfying.

My mind keeps saying:

"That ain't workin', that's the way you do it
Money for nothin' and your chicks for free"

My body says: ...REALLY!!?!...Again???."

My answer: "I want my MTV".

STATE OF HIGHNESS UPDATE

Ho ho ho! I broke out The daab last night with some Stankberry rosin. Finding words to describe how next level this little piece of equipment is won't end soon! Holy moly the pathway to highness is amplified with this!

I'm learning to use the trigger function! BOOM! Mind on the floor blown! After The daab cycles through its heat time the vapor wanes, but there's the trigger! Give it a solid press while toking and full vapor at any temperature is available, right up to a coughing fit if one chooses. Or not.
So effective at getting me elevated to levels not even known before! And flavors are like nothing else. So nice!
So this was the second dab. That's why it's out of focus :rofl: man. Cheers!
Have a great day, remember to be safe! Be silly:hug: it helps!

Back
Top Bottom