@ MuteHub :laugh:

Those pics are amazing. Try a couple with the flash muted and see if that gives you better definition in the whites.
I have, and different white balances. Mutey is too tall, she's only about 12" from the light and it's just too bright.

I could turn the light down but I have it adjusted perfectly so I don't really want to do that either.

I'm contemplating pulling her outside on a nice sunny day. With the pot, she's over 5 feet tall so getting above her, but below the light is tough.

I'll get a good shot yet, I just need to keep fiddling. I'm no camera expert thats for sure lol.

Well I tested brix levels and was quite surprised at the results. Nothing too high, but Ikky looks the most robust, yet brix is only 12, calcium line is perfect, RV1, the sprawl, who I would have guessed was the highest, has a brix if 14 with perfect calcium, and RV2, aka The Mute, is a brix of 16 with perfect calcium and I would have guessed it to be the lowest. My impression is Gaia Green is good but it needs more P added, so next batch will get some SRP and guano added. Maybe some bone meal too.

20240501_171143.jpg

The RVDV aeroclones are all leaners, but they are healthy and happy.

20240501_171146.jpg

20240501_171152.jpg

20240501_171155.jpg

20240501_171208.jpg

The soil clones getting tortured, not so much. But if it takes 60 days to program a seeded plant, we are just over half ways to seeing what hapoens with clones. Can they be programmed? If so, then I need a male to knock one up and see how those seeds do.

20240501_171211.jpg

20240501_172009.jpg

Figgy is very happy so far.

20240501_171305.jpg

And this weird bright green top is part of this.

20240501_171259.jpg

The BK manifold plant that has sat in the dark for 3 full days. I've been too busy to chop it yet.

Day 15 in soil.

20240502_170352.jpg

They have some tip burn so they are finding the nutrition. I moved them a bit closer to the light to try to use the nutes up. Otherwise they are doing well. The roots should be filling the small pots pretty well by now.
20240502_170349.jpg

20240502_170358.jpg

20240502_170345.jpg

20240502_170403.jpg

These ones have me very intrigued. Going back to when we kicked around the topic of seed programming, as luck had it my mistake with the mother, RVDV2, into the bad soil for 2 months is the recipe for seed programming, and when I put her into the Gaia mix, which isn't really that strong at all, she exploded with growth and vigor, so in theory these are clones of programmed seeds.

IF programming seeds is even a real thing.

Now I have these clones and I'm beating them up. They are in soil with no nutes at all, and today was their 1st real watering at day 15 out of the incubator.

I'm going to treat them like crap for 45 more days and if they live they will be "double programmed". Again, if seed programming is even legit, and also if it even has an effect on clones in the same way.

The 1st programming, if it works, should at least let these poor souls live in this crappy environment. I guess we shall see.

So no fish, no ewc, and no minerals. Lets watch.

20240502_170413.jpg

20240502_170405.jpg

Weird Science🥰😍.

should at least let these poor souls live in this crappy environment
You don't think that the strong genetics are what causes them to survive?

Watch this video and you will see how the wild strains adapt to their environment (they focus on my favourite weed in the world, aMaphondo). I am deeply skeptical of this seed programming by soil business 😅

And The Mutants.
20240502_165923.jpg

20240502_165917.jpg

20240502_165902.jpg

20240502_165829.jpg

20240502_165850.jpg

A shot of the main stem. Theres really no side branching, just buds up the stem. And cool red petioles😍.

20240502_165536.jpg

20240502_165340.jpg

20240502_165334.jpg

20240502_165328.jpg

20240502_165316.jpg

There are a few quirks coming in with the Gaia mix. Some tip burn, some thrip damage but brix is 12 at the lowest, which could in theory allow bugs, but I cant find any even with a scope and magnifying glass, so I'm going with it's old damage as it's only on older fans. Thats Iklwa at 12, the other 2 are higher.

No actual deficiencies yet but they aren't chunking like I'm used to. I'm not sure if it's the soil or the landrace characteristics.

I'm leaning towards landrace, so I'm not going to intervene. I'm going to let them roll. They have tons of leaves so if a real deficiency actually starts I have time to correct it. I will just maintain with fish and EWC and Gaia topdressing. The RV's both have a very earthy scent and Icky is the same but with a hint of sweet lemons too😊.

The aero clones are in double strength Gaia soil mix and with Rev's levels of calcium so I can compare their results next grow. I will keep 1 aero clone as a mother in case the pheno has wicked good smoke, and flower out the other 3 clones.

I need to find the time to mix a batch of Rev's soil. I need to get it cooking.

I want to see what TMSC's will do in true high brix soil. Maybe the double strength Gaia mix will have better brix. Fun Fun😊.

God I love screwing around with plants🤣

It would be really cool to capture those mutant genetics, do you have a clone of her?

Can you drop intel on few questions about source & rso? Had one batch with lot of dried gunk powder in bottom, guess that was burned?

The last 2 batches separated after pouring on silicone mat. Looks like a dark ring of oil on the outside perimeter but watery in middle…. is that the result of me stopping process too soon?

I do 1st two hour run, then cool down and later start up 2nd 2 hour run. Watching the timer especially close from 90 to 110 minute mark… usually do decarb upfront but should I keep her cooking and wait until all the bubbling stops?

Any special tricks for cleaning silicone mat? Last batch that separated badly was stuck to silicone and I tried scraping it off with small silicone spatula but it was stuck real bad.

How long do you allow processed oil to sit for evaporation and air drying on the silicone mat?

May have found the perfect mold for ice blocks for distiller, plain old 8 ounce tub of Cool Whip whipped cream. Haven’t frozen with this just yet but looks to be perfect fit if you invert the container into the ice pan.

Thanks Gee- catch up later, got a pillow calling my name!

Watch this video and you will see how the wild strains adapt to their environment (they focus on my favourite weed in the world, aMaphondo). I am deeply skeptical of this seed programming by soil business 😅

Yeah I'm a bit skeptical too, a big bit, but I just happened to have a plant that fit the bill so.... who knows? 🤣

And yes, these genetics are unreal tough. They are in a league of their own. Its to the point now where I'm abusing them and they just keep going.

Those clones in the cups should be so dead by now🤣

The video won't play😓

It would be really cool to capture those mutant genetics, do you have a clone of her?

Can you drop intel on few questions about source & rso? Had one batch with lot of dried gunk powder in bottom, guess that was burned?

The last 2 batches separated after pouring on silicone mat. Looks like a dark ring of oil on the outside perimeter but watery in middle…. is that the result of me stopping process too soon?

I do 1st two hour run, then cool down and later start up 2nd 2 hour run. Watching the timer especially close from 90 to 110 minute mark… usually do decarb upfront but should I keep her cooking and wait until all the bubbling stops?

Any special tricks for cleaning silicone mat? Last batch that separated badly was stuck to silicone and I tried scraping it off with small silicone spatula but it was stuck real bad.

How long do you allow processed oil to sit for evaporation and air drying on the silicone mat?

May have found the perfect mold for ice blocks for distiller, plain old 8 ounce tub of Cool Whip whipped cream. Haven’t frozen with this just yet but looks to be perfect fit if you invert the container into the ice pan.

I have a few tips 013, but tomorrow. I got a pillow date too. Gnite everyone👊

This is not that video. This is another one that I just spotted and am loving. I'll get the title for you to search on YouTube and you can find a new link that does work. I highly recommend you watch the aMaphondo one,

Strain Hunters South Africa Expedition - Episode 1 (and 2)​

G'night zzz

or your filter let solids thru.
If the watery stuff is clear its alcohol and the corner of a piece of paper towel will absorb it really quickly. Us a small scrap of paper towel and only touch it with the corner. More small scraps are better than 1 big one.If it's milky then thats condensation. Keep a lid on your wash as it's cold temp attracts moisture.
I prefer to leave a bit of everclear in it and vent on the mat longer.
Lolol I feel your pain! yes, use a darning needle and roll it across the mat. Once some oil is on the needle the rest starts to stick and it comes right off the mat. Tedious, but once you see how much was about to get left behind its worth it.
Usually a few days in a dark warm dust free environment. I have a closet in a spare bedroom I use. When it gets really thick or even shattery its ready. Warm the mat to negate the shatrery and then use the darning needle to collect it. You don't need much heat. The top of the fridge or a warm windowsill for only a couple minutes makes it go tacky and gooey again.
I like that🙏👊
Let us know how you make out. Drop some pics if you want👊

It was well filtered there was no plant debris visible so I’m guessing it scorched in the crucible.

Ah condensation makes sense now, last 2 batches were left in freezer for days without a lid. Oh what a cool hat trick, use corner of paper towel to wick up the 190 grain!

Previously rolled the tar up with stainless lab utensil and it didn’t stick too bad at all, but then last batch was all over the mat in uneven clumps and it wouldn’t release. Cool I’ll try the heat trick.

Typically do more of a soak than wash… i know I’m getting more crap like plant waxes & lipids and pretty confident that’s the reason I’ve never had shatter consistency. This next batch will be quick wash only.

thank you very much- will be running a batch this weekend hopefully!

It was well filtered there was no plant debris visible so I’m guessing it scorched in the crucible.

Ah condensation makes sense now, last 2 batches were left in freezer for days without a lid. Oh what a cool hat trick, use corner of paper towel to wick up the 190 grain!

Previously rolled the tar up with stainless lab utensil and it didn’t stick too bad at all, but then last batch was all over the mat in uneven clumps and it wouldn’t release. Cool I’ll try the heat trick.

Typically do more of a soak than wash… i know I’m getting more crap like plant waxes & lipids and pretty confident that’s the reason I’ve never had shatter consistency. This next batch will be quick wash only.

thank you very much- will be running a batch this weekend hopefully!
Multiple quick washes are better than 1 long soak, and some strains go waxy, some don't. Indicas seem to be more waxy from what I have seen.

Back
Top Bottom