Well the deed is done. RV1 is culled. Tomorrow Numbers 1 and 3 go into the flower tent.

20240516_180253.jpg

Number 1. I'm contemplating topping them all at the blue lines. She's going to the flower tent.

20240516_180303.jpg

Number 2. I will keep her in the veg tent for clones. She may get topped a few nodes below the blue line.

20240516_180118.jpg

Number 3. To the flower tent.

20240516_180449.jpg

And number 4 is going to grow outside until it starves to see how far this pot can go.

I don't think I will top it, but if I do it will be at the blue line. I think I will see how tall it can get.

@Gee64 here's an interesting discussion on soil amendments. He doesn't like either greensand or kelp but interesting and guy seems to know his stuff.

This guy is a soup grower. He uses organic componds in hydroponic applications, so for starters you can't compare my style to his but....
20240517_153938.jpg

Arsenic doesn't make the list. Not even as a trace element. If he finds arsenic in his liquid kelp he needs to address the manufacturing process.

He also never mentioned myco once.

His style is to feed the plants himself. I trust myco and the microbes to do a better job than me. I know I'm not as smart as Mother Nature. No your limit, play within it😊.

Thats not to say his system doesn't work, I'm sure it works really well.... If you purchase whatever line he is influencing and/or selling.

Synthetics would be easier. Probably cheaper too. He says "fertigate".

He talks alot about addressing deficiencies. I prefer to avoid them.

As for greensand, it would mess him up bigtime as it constantly trickles K for years, like it's supposed to.

Kelp does contain a relatively high amount of sodium but far less than any synthetic system and I have never had a sodium problem. It's an electrolyte. It's potassiums backup. Theres a reason nature creates them together.Just keep it in balance.

Kelp and greensand are my staples and I've never had a K deficiency. Follow the brix, not the capitalists.

Did he mention brix? He talks a lot about photosynthesis, but if you have brix you have photosynthesis. Foliars can give you high brix but good soil gives you much higher brix.

But again, I'm sure if you are true to his product you will do fine. When you buy something thats all you can really ask for.

If it makes for fun growing I'm all for it, it should be fun.

When he says things like "It takes 3-4 weeks for 100% of it to be made available" cooking your mix IS that 3 to 4 weeks. Embrace that, don't look at it as bad.

Thats also why you do today for what you need in 2 weeks.

But it is comparing 2 different styles so as long as you realize his philosophy doesn't apply to LOS your good.

If you do end up with a deficiency, a lot of what he says will rescue the plant.

Azi, what does your water stick say today?
Says time to water. I got 6-7's way down low. All got top dressed and castings, most got watered though had a couple that could use at least one more day.

Watered in with FAA, and the two that didn't get watered I misted in the topdressing.

I gave it a few minutes and checked the moisture levels which were back up close to 10.

So that was 3 days from the mini-flush. Since they are now not as wet as they were 3 days ago I assume I'll see a need to give more water in another day or two.

Says time to water. I got 6-7's way down low. All got top dressed and castings, most got watered though had a couple that could use at least one more day.

Watered in with FAA, and the two that didn't get watered I misted in the topdressing.

I gave it a few minutes and checked the moisture levels which were back up close to 10.

So that was 3 days from the mini-flush. Since they are now not as wet as they were 3 days ago I assume I'll see a need to give more water in another day or two.
Ideally you want a 4.5 down low, but some O2 is already creeping in at 6-7. I consider 7 wet myself, but if you ease into it your plants should adjust better than tearing the bandaid off. The water stick will tell you when to water.

I went a day too late last time and got wilting and it's not used to that so thought I'd "ease into it" as you say.

I'll try to let it go lower next round.

No promises. :p
Follow your instincts, this will be a shock to them. They need to adjust. The plant you haven't started yet will be the best comparison.

I went a day too late last time and got wilting and it's not used to that so thought I'd "ease into it" as you say.

I'll try to let it go lower next round.

No promises. :p
How do they look? are they looking more robust, the same, or stressed? If the pre-experiment was a 5 on the 1-10 scale where would you rate them now? Any drier spots returning?

How do they look? are they looking more robust, the same, or stressed? If the pre-experiment was a 5 on the 1-10 scale where would you rate them now? Any drier spots returning?
They look pretty good. Don't notice any dry spots.

Pre-experiment??

They always looked good until 3 weeks after flip. But oddly didn't see the droop I would expect from overly wet.
Ok, keep a close eye for stress. Making big changes in flower doesn't always go well. Are you sure you don't want to try it on just one plant?

Are you sure you don't want to try it on just one plant?
I've tried it the same way on all of my plants with same issues pretty much. Great thru veg and early flower, and then issues.

So, if I get different issues this way I'm OK with that and maybe I'll learn something. You talk a good game so I assume you know stuff. ;) Happy to learn things that might improve my results.

I've tried it the same way on all of my plants with same issues pretty much. Great thru veg and early flower, and then issues.

So, if I get different issues this way I'm OK with that and maybe I'll learn something. You talk a good game so I assume you know stuff. ;) Happy to learn things that might improve my results.
Ok cool, just making sure. The only plant I have ever converted from bottom watering to top watering was a durban clone. It recovered from the ugly demise that started right after stretch, but its yield wasn't what I would expect. Still decent and great smoke, but the recovery time took it's toll. The other clone that I continued to bottom water did far worse.

That was in a perlite swick, but still very similar I would think. It took about 10 days to turn around. I'm curious to see how a sip goes.

I guess in about 2 more weeks is when the ones in flower would normally hit the wall?

Back
Top Bottom