End of week 2 Flowering update.

The girls are stretching for sky now and hopefully the flowering stretch is over soon because I am running out of space now unless I disassemble my fan and put new zip ties and stick it higher in back corner, then I would have more room.

All 6 plants are just over 3 feet high from the coco line and it's just wall to wall plants watering has become very difficult lol I need to buy a wet shop vac to make things a bit easier with run off, right now I am using towels to soak up the runoff and wring them into a pale and it's very laborious and back straining even for me in my early twenties.

Everything is super healthy though, the only problem I am having is the bottom fan leaves are falling off the plants with a light touch even though they appear to be vibrant green and healthy. I'm thinking it's because no wind is hitting the bottom area for them to strengthen up or just maybe because they are just getting no light and have become weak. It's just the bottom 1/4th fan leaves.

Heres a few shots of them today in all their glory lol.

20191227_175207.jpg
20191227_175158.jpg
20191227_175127.jpg
20191227_160006.jpg
20191227_155859.jpg

End of week 3 Flowering update.

The girls have finally stopped stretching at least I hope so and the budsites are just starting to form with clusters of pistils. There was one plant that really stood out to me and it was one of the Purple Indicas and it already has frost and has since last week with little bits of purple starting to show . The tweed barely has any trichromes yet it looks like a few specs of dust on the budsites and has super sativa-like leaves all over and that really surprises me as its advertised as 100% pure Indica (Hindu Kush) but I think I have to call BS on that as it looks like the most sativa plant I have ever grown in my time growing.

First 3 pictures are my purple Indica budsites and the next 3 are the Tweed Bakerstreet budsites followed by some shots of all of them together.
20191229_154953.jpg
20200103_134054.jpg
20200103_141043.jpg
20200103_134145.jpg
20191229_155308.jpg
20191229_155343.jpg
20200103_134020.jpg
20200103_183831.jpg
20200103_183805.jpg
20200103_183828.jpg

End of week 4 Flowering update.

Starting to finally stink a little bit through the carbon filter means I just have to turn my exhaust fan a bit lower to cover the smell a bit more as I have it cranked for more airflow.

A few of the plants have been lollipop ping themselves with all the lower fan leaves and some smaller budsites falling off with a light touch. I'm not sure why this is happening maybe I am not watering frequently enough or there is not enough airflow to keep the lowers nice and strong so they appear healthy and fall off with a very light touch some withered but most look healthy and green when they fall.

The purple indica seeds I made all have there signature Grape Candy smell the exact trait I bred a few generations for. Surprisingly all 4 are very similar with one slightly smelling like black licorice , unlike my last grow where there were multiple phenos. One of them has alot more trichromes though and was going purple in the budsites in my last pics but it appears green again but I know for a fact the seeds I made have like a 50% chance of being purple leaved but it usually happens around week 6 or 7 of flower .

I gave a budsite sugar leave a little rub to get a sense of the smell from the tweed bakerstreet plant's and it smells surprisingly good, I would say it has a very vibrant citrus/kush smell. Pointer finger and thumb were very sticky.

My 8 clones from my first ever revegged mother plants Black Bird and Bluebury and PE x NS and the few Tweed Bakerstreet clones. Ready to start another breeding project in tent #2. Bakerstreet X Bakerstreet
Bakerstreet X Purple Erkle xNorthern skunk
Bakerstreet X Bluebury
Bakerstreet X Blackbird

I will be using some colloidal silver on the more potent bakerstreet pheno to get the pollen to breed the rest of the clones. I am going to wait until I harvest before I flip the clones so no accidents happen.

Here's some pictures of the ladies! Budsites first few are the Purple Indica cross and the last 2 budsite pictures are the bakerstreet and finally a shot from outside the tent. Things are going well so far and I have a shop vac on the way for dealing with runoff only a couple more waterings without it haha.
20200110_180239.jpg
20200110_180245.jpg
20200110_180308.jpg
20200110_180332.jpg
20200110_180339.jpg
20200110_180221.jpg
20200110_180433.jpg

End of week 5 flower update.

Sorry to my one and only follower haha I'm a couple days late on this update. The girls are doing pretty good besides what looks to be a bit of nitrogen toxicity I'm not sure what is doing it. Maybe it is the Micro in the 3 part solution I'm using as it has a significant amount of N and also the Calnesium has N. After I noticed the dark leaves and leaf curl pointing down I stopped giving grow immediately although I was only putting in 1ml per gallon. I'm definately thinking it is the N in the micro bottle. Only 2/6 are really being effected but it is bugging me pretty badly lol. Only feeding half strength of what the box recommends for each nutrient.

I ran out of a few of my extra nutes such as Prop-o-gator, SuperB, Carb Blast. So maybe that's throwing off the mix. They are starting to really stink too and the first set of pistils is starting to brown so I guess they are still progressing. Almost thought they were at a standstill or stunted because of hoe far behind the Bakerstreet is but I read online that it took some people 14 weeks to flower! That's redicolous for an apparently 100% indica. Explains why there is only pistils still at the end of week 5. My Purple Indi's calyxes are starting to swell up a bit and buds are starting to form nicely. A few are just caked in trichromes already too. Still waiting for the purple to set in should be about another week or two I'm hoping.

20200119_170547.jpg
20200119_170551.jpg
20200119_170555.jpg
20200119_170559.jpg
20200119_170610.jpg
20200119_170604.jpg

That tent is full, full on jungle!
Ya man it's nuts this time around, my lights are maxed right at the ceiling and the one tweed plant grew right into the light during the stretch so I had to supercrop the main cola and twist the plant about 60° to keep from burning it. Plants are about 5 feet tall including the 5 gallon buckets.

That's some stretch! With the colas stacking you're going to be tight for space, the harvest will be bountiful for sure!

That's some stretch! With the colas stacking you're going to be tight for space, the harvest will be bountiful for sure!
I was thinking the same once, those buds fill in they will be really close to that light!. Even the buds at the very back are growing pretty good with such lack of light on the far side its surprising. Probably going to harvest in multiple stages I'm thinking too.

My 4 purple Indi are probably going to finish around week 9 or 10 if everything goes well then I will take the top halves of those then leave the bottom halves to keep growing and swelling until the tweed plants are done probably around 12-14 weeks. I'm really not sure on the bakerstreet though some say 8 weeks others say 14. It's a mystery Il have to solve I guess lol.

I was thinking the same once, those buds fill in they will be really close to that light!. Even the buds at the very back are growing pretty good with such lack of light on the far side its surprising. Probably going to harvest in multiple stages I'm thinking too.

My 4 purple Indi are probably going to finish around week 9 or 10 if everything goes well then I will take the top halves of those then leave the bottom halves to keep growing and swelling until the tweed plants are done probably around 12-14 weeks. I'm really not sure on the bakerstreet though some say 8 weeks others say 14. It's a mystery Il have to solve I guess lol.
Sounds like a plan!

I'll be here until the finish. I dont know anything about coco but I love weed plants. Your look great. What I hand full. It looks like you might have let it get a little out of control. Good luck. How do you water all those plants?
Ya definately out of control haha they grew surprisingly fast in the coco compared to soil with the same veg time at least that's what I found. I water with nutrients every watering with these and i usually mixed the doses at half strength in a 1 Gallon juice jug for the beginning but as they started drinking more I just increased the recipe I use by 5X and mix in a 5 gallon water jug. After that I just pour it into a 2 liter then into small water bottles so I can reach way in the back through the jungle near the bottom.

Very nice @The Noob . Hope u have some good scissors..that is a jungle..great job
Check out the little netting pouch in the last updates pictures and you can see the set I'm going to use. Tested them last grow and they worked so much better then the last pair I had made trimming so much easier and it sticks alot less to these ones. Happy Hydro Titanium.

Check out the little netting pouch in the last updates pictures and you can see the set I'm going to use. Tested them last grow and they worked so much better then the last pair I had made trimming so much easier and it sticks alot less to these ones. Happy Hydro Titanium.
Are those scissors retractable? I have to have the with a spring, if not, my shoulder/arm will get locked up and I'll walk around the house like a T-rex..lmao

No these ones aren't and I have never tried a pair of those kind. Do they make it any easier? This brand does have a pair of orange retractable ones i seen on amazon though just a different style. That's harsh! I'm still pretty young but even the nerves up my arm and hand starts cramping after enough trimming. I have to take alot of breaks and quick stretches.
Are those scissors retractable? I have to have the with a spring, if not, my shoulder/arm will get locked up and I'll walk around the house like a T-rex..lmao

Yeah, its alot easier. Highly recommend them. You can cut alot faster with them as well.
Plus, I always cut dry buds, that's alot easier too. Smoke is better than cutting wet buds. Just my opinion..hope this helps bro
Thanks maybe I will have to give them a try I have amazon prime so I can get them in 2 days when needed. I usually wet trim the majority of the buds and then hang them on lines with clothepins and then do a final touch up when dry. A couple harvests ago I tried dry trimming and it was so crumbly I felt like I lost a bunch of trichromes and bits of bud. I should try that again though I heard it does really bring out the smell and flavour more as those leaves wrap around the buds while they dry.

It
Thanks maybe I will have to give them a try I have amazon prime so I can get them in 2 days when needed. I usually wet trim the majority of the buds and then hang them on lines with clothepins and then do a final touch up when dry. A couple harvests ago I tried dry trimming and it was so crumbly I felt like I lost a bunch of trichromes and bits of bud. I should try that again though I heard it does really bring out the smell and flavour more as those leaves wrap around the buds while they dry.
I tried a small dry trim and felt the same way, seemed like I lost more pistils doing it that way, maybe let it dry too much before trimming?

It

I tried a small dry trim and felt the same way, seemed like I lost more pistils doing it that way, maybe let it dry too much before trimming?
Yes it could have been a bit too dry but then when I jarred it after it regained its moisture with sweating still. I still found it pretty crumbly and watched trichromes falling as I
trim. Maybe I will try a bit of both this run.

Back
Top Bottom