Status
Not open for further replies.
I dig the outdoor grows. I like the high stress training you've done on these too. I predict some highly resinous buds in your future. subscribed and watching

Thanks for dropping by and the feedback. I have tried some stress trainning before with great results, specially for organic grows you need some kind of supercropping because they dont have the juice from chemical fertz. to make the good buds.

hopefully they grow big colas and less of the popcorn.

Just Picture update, havent done any mayor thing besides looking at them and checking the wounds. Everything seems healed and ready to move on to the next phase.

IMG_2770.jpg
IMG_2771.jpg
IMG_2772.jpg
IMG_2773.jpg
IMG_2774.jpg
IMG_2775.jpg
IMG_2776.jpg
IMG_2777.jpg
IMG_2778.jpg
IMG_2779.jpg

That is a beautiful garden you have. Nice job on the training and your ladies are looking great.

That is a beautiful garden you have. Nice job on the training and your ladies are looking great.
:green_heart:

Thank you kindly for your words.
Quote your signature "He who plants a garden plants hapiness".

As you can see the main show cannabis plants are part of a bigger show the garden. We started preparing the backyard to follow permaculture principles and always had in mind the cannabis. Understanding how plants help each other to thrive is something of fascination to me.

Right now we are testing several companion plants to see how the cannabis reacts to them being really really close.
-calendula flower
-borage flower

and well the setting is right in front of 4 rows of tomatos which is a very high risk plant since it can develop the mildew in matter of hours. For which we have the tomatos sourranded by lemon balm, oregano, peppers a variety of flowers. This is all a experiment, before I would have never put any other plant in the cannabis garden.

On the training I have discovered that plant anatomy does affect the end result (bud), we know the two things that shape a plant the genotype and the phenotype. Geno we cant change so if the breeder is good then we have a great genotype and if they are bad well, plant is bad. Now the phenotype we CAN change and modify so I put them to the test all the time see how far I can mess with their phenotype structure since I am part of the enviromental changes.

If I can stress them enough to make them stronger, bigger, even smellier than count me in. I know the bulk of the hormones is at the tip of the plant so for now I focus on trying to equally distribute the hormone juice all over the plant not only the top.

It is a real challange to grow organic but once you figure out the way, things flow.

Interesting splits, bro! Was the damage done intentionaly? I am definitely going to start at the first page tomorrow and follow it through. So don't waste your time answering me. I will see for myself and ask you to clarify anything my feeble mind doesn't absorb. lol

Knowledge is power! :slide:

Interesting splits, bro! Was the damage done intentionaly? I am definitely going to start at the first page tomorrow and follow it through.

Knowledge is power! lol :slide:

Yeah I carefully but fully intentionaly break the cell fiber of the plant as much as I can without actually killing the plant (some phenotypes have hollow stems so they split) .
From the main stem, then heavy on all the lower nodes (because I know they are always popcorn) I hit hard the lower nodes and gradually ease off on the upper nodes. The first thing I do is break the main stem usually bending it until its at least at a 90 degree angle (pretty badly bent).
Once every thing starts to heal you see the bulging marks at each node. The way I see it; is that area becomes a wider junction for all the fluids to travel across the whole plant. A buddy of mine would say every bulge you see is like a supercharger.

These are all theories made by me based on repetition. I am no arborist but I am pretty curious. Thats why I like to document some grows so if the experiment works people can see and repeat if they feel its worth the try.

Wow! The canopy is even, well balanced, in my humble opinion. And the trunk on the last pic is indeed sturdy.
Is that a mended break I see at the first cut node?
could have been a split from bending at that node. I dont remember exactly but the training method is the same.

After 48 hours of rain finally I can have a look at whats going on in the garden. The plants have been under a lot of rain but they seem to enjoy it, they grow fast and if Im not training every other week it can become labour intensive ( so twice the fun) I like taking time specially when bending and taking the nodes.

I always try to take a birds eye view and a side shot, it kinda helps me visualize better and I can plan out where bending is going. My goal is to get them the most sun exposure and lots of air flow (needed here because of the high humidity later in September.)

Chunky Skunk
IMG_2808.jpg
IMG_2809.jpg
IMG_2810.jpg
IMG_2811.jpg
IMG_2812.jpg
IMG_2813.jpg

With this pheno, Im looking to keep the gap between nodes tight as possible since this one seems like a lanky late finisher. So the airflow is pretty good because its so skinny :rofl:
Well anyways, small spacing between nodes than maybe it can slowly fill up and give some nice compact flower.

If un-trained it would probably be 4ft tall and spaced out nodes.
Personal Sat.
IMG_2814.jpg

IMG_2815.jpg

IMG_2817.jpg

IMG_2819.jpg

For this pheno I decided to try out a square structure idea from @Melville Hobbes since I like the structure it gives out. Seems like a good help to keep the branches down on this one. The training doesnt seem to work much in keeping her low also its getting really bushy and the airflow is really poor inside. Shes already not the happiest in the garden still snapping out of some nutrient lockout, and she also seems to be in like preflower of I would even say first week of flowering?? I see way to many pistils random. I dont know this pheno I dont seem to understand this one.

Durban Poison
IMG_2829.jpg
IMG_2830.jpg
IMG_2831.jpg
IMG_2832.jpg
IMG_2833.jpg
IMG_2834.jpg
IMG_2835.jpg
IMG_2836.jpg
IMG_2837.jpg

The not so baby ones.
IMG_2848.jpg

IMG_2847.jpg
IMG_2846.jpg
IMG_2845.jpg
IMG_2844.jpg

This is Comfrey we have several plants around, Its great for compost tea. I use it in my nitrogen rich tea, I trow everything green in there to be honest. I added molases to both teas I have going on.
IMG_2798.jpg
IMG_2800.jpg

IMG_2804.jpg

This is just seaweed tea.
IMG_2802.jpg
Hey Danishoes, How goes?
How long do you let the greens soak and how much molasses per litre or galon?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom