What a great forum!

SmokinRasta

Hi to all from Germany!:ciao:

I'm happy to be a member of this great forum now!!!

I use Cannabis already for 30 years now. Since a year I am a medical user.
On my trip to NV and CA in '22 I got in touch with the medical dispenserys and so it came to my mind that I have to try it at home in Germany too - with success.

Since this month we are "more or less" legal over here now, too. - So I decided to get out my old equipment and start a new grow.
I grew already several times on soil. This time I want to give it a try on hydro. I decided to go with a diy DWC system.
I started the grow already a month ago and will post you guys a grow report. I did already a lot of mistakes and I'm affraid I will loose my plants cause of this... - but thats why we are here for. Learning from each other and from other mistakes...🫣

On my trip to NV and CA in '22 I got in touch with the medical dispenserys and so it came to my mind that I have to try it at home in Germany too - with success.

Since this month we are "more or less" legal over here now, too. - So I decided to get out my old equipment and start a new grow.
I grew already several times on soil. This time I want to give it a try on hydro. I decided to go with a diy DWC system.
I started the grow already a month ago and will post you guys a grow report. I did already a lot of mistakes and I'm affraid I will loose my plants cause of this... - but thats why we are here for. Learning from each other and from other mistakes...🫣
Welcome to 420 Mag and congrats on almost being legal :)

It would be great if you'd set up a grow journal so that you can share your grow and people will follow you and comment along the way. This is a great way to make friends and learn.

I'm a soil grower myself, and I grow autoflowers. Good luck with the DWC. Let's see some pics!

Welcome to 420Magazine my friend :welcome:
Looking forward to your pics of your setup.
Talk soon.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Welcome to 420 Mag and congrats on almost being legal :)

It would be great if you'd set up a grow journal so that you can share your grow and people will follow you and comment along the way. This is a great way to make friends and learn.

I'm a soil grower myself, and I grow autoflowers. Good luck with the DWC. Let's see some pics!

Thank you Carmen!

I will post my setup and my experiences in a few days and show you some pics

:welcome: to the forum @SmokinRasta :passitleft:

I tried hydro first when I started growing, then moved to coco, but soil has been the God send for this old fart, much less work and they practically grow them selves, but good luck with your DWC :popcorn:

Welcome to 420 Magazine @SmokinRasta

What strains do you enjoy growing?
Will you be starting a grow journal?

Here's some helpful info: Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link.

This is where you place your grow journal.

Journals in Progress: Current and Ongoing

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contests to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests: Win Cool 420 Prizes

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

... but soil has been the God send for this old fart, much less work and they practically grow them selves...

True words, but I love the challenge. I grew on soil several times already, but for now I'd like to learn something new. The harvest and don't haveing to carry all that soil anymore were the reasons for my choise.

Welcome to the 420 family @SmokinRasta!

I've been growing in DWC more than anything else and if you have any question dont be afraid to hit me up. I've built a couple of RDWC systems and HPA Aero.

I'm running "sterile hydro" with oxidizers. Without bacteria cultures and buffers its one of the most effective ways at killing of nasties and keeping the root stomata clean and open.

You may want to look into chilling your reservoir if you're keeping a "alive" system with bacteria cultures. You're out of luck of any good bacteria cultures in EU for hydro but otherwise Hydroguard or SoutherAG Garden Friendly fungicide containing bacillus amyloliquefaciens are the best options. Many other products and inoculants(mykos) are not for water treatment and are not sold as a fungicide and should be avoided in DWC.

All the best of luck in your growing endeavours! The calculator for running bleach(sodium hypochlorite) is in my signature with recommendations on dosages.

Cheers!

Welcome to 420 Magazine @SmokinRasta

What strains do you enjoy growing?
Will you be starting a grow journal?

Here's some helpful info: Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link.

This is where you place your grow journal.

Journals in Progress: Current and Ongoing

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contests to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests: Win Cool 420 Prizes

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

High!

And thank you for your advises!

I started as a try with an automatic flower Tropicanna Poison XL from Sweet Seeds. Nothing special, just a try to get familar with the DWC System. A week later I started Blueberry Glue auto from Expert Seeds. - If I'm done and know how to handle the DWC, I will start feminized Girl Scout Cookies from Zamnesia and Blue Sunset Sherbert from Barney's Farm...

I will post grow reports if I find some time. Atm I'm fighting with my DWC - it drives me crazy! Had already root rot and a Cal/Mg problem, that caused for a grow stop on my plants. Looks like I solved the problems yesterday, but am not quite sure yet. I hope the Tropicanna and the Blueberries will survive - they are almost dead already... - every beginning is difficult

Welcome to the 420 family @SmokinRasta!

I've been growing in DWC more than anything else and if you have any question dont be afraid to hit me up. I've built a couple of RDWC systems and HPA Aero.

I'm running "sterile hydro" with oxidizers. Without bacteria cultures and buffers its one of the most effective ways at killing of nasties and keeping the root stomata clean and open.

You may want to look into chilling your reservoir if you're keeping a "alive" system with bacteria cultures. You're out of luck of any good bacteria cultures in EU for hydro but otherwise Hydroguard or SoutherAG Garden Friendly fungicide containing bacillus amyloliquefaciens are the best options. Many other products and inoculants(mykos) are not for water treatment and are not sold as a fungicide and should be avoided in DWC.

All the best of luck in your growing endeavours! The calculator for running bleach(sodium hypochlorite) is in my signature with recommendations on dosages.

Cheers!

Thank you Wastei! - Sounds like you are my man!:woohoo:

Sounds great what you are knowing about Hydro!!! I'm far away from that!
I analyzed my tap water, tried to calculated my nutrients, ... and finally I found my problems (hope so).

But I will post a detailed grow report, even if it is totally ambarassing for me. - They look realy bad!!!
In my opinion it's important to show your mistakes, too. Only on that way you and other growers can learn from it.

Thank you Wastei! - Sounds like you are my man!:woohoo:

Sounds great what you are knowing about Hydro!!! I'm far away from that!
I analyzed my tap water, tried to calculated my nutrients, ... and finally I found my problems (hope so).

But I will post a detailed grow report, even if it is totally ambarassing for me. - They look realy bad!!!
In my opinion it's important to show your mistakes, too. Only on that way you and other growers can learn from it.
Been there done that! I really struggled in DWC starting out! Many variables and mixed information. Roots are most important in the beginning and even though the plants might be in straight hydroton/leca pellets over watering might still be an issue.

"Shy roots" is a common problem where they dont want to develop down in to the nutrient solution. I treat them like drain to waste grown plants in the beginning with no aeration under the net pots water through the net pots two times a day. When the roots are well established you can increase aeration and water splashing on to the net pot.

Here's a picture of my roots some years ago before I introduced them to aeration:
IMG_20201103_170924878.jpg

Been there done that! I really struggled in DWC starting out! Many variables and mixed information. Roots are most important in the beginning and even though the plants might be in straight hydroton/leca pellets over watering might still be an issue.

"Shy roots" is a common problem where they dont want to develop down in to the nutrient solution. I treat them like drain to waste grown plants in the beginning with no aeration under the net pots water through the net pots two times a day. When the roots are well established you can increase aeration and water splashing on to the net pot.

Here's a picture of my roots some years ago before I introduced them to aeration:

Thank you for the advise Wastei!:thumb:

...I posted my grow report in meantime if you are interested...

True words, but I love the challenge. I grew on soil several times already, but for now I'd like to learn something new. The harvest and don't having to carry all that soil anymore were the reasons for my choice.
I hear ya :smokin: I haven't bought a bag of soil in :hmmmm: well, it's been a long time, I switched to organics and I recycle my soil and amend it...I have about 3 square yards of soil I use for indoor growing...it all stays in the bins :thumb:

I switched to organics and I recycle my soil and amend it...I have about 3 square yards of soil I use for indoor growing...it all stays in the bins :thumb:
That is a great option too if you got that room for it. I watched everything on youtube and read almost everything I can find about growing - it's crazy what options you got, not only about the medium.

Last week I read an article about 6-2-6-2-6-2 light times! Never heard of that yet... and I watched on youtube a german growing company where they said they go up to 4 with the EC during vegi!!!

... in german we are saying "many roads lead to Rome...":ganjamon:

Wilkommen im 420 Forums!! (Meine Deutsch ist nicht sehr gut.)

Allerbesten Dank!

It's a great and very active forums! I love it now already!

Back
Top Bottom