Wonder twin power, activate! Shape of Hemp!

pumpkinpatch1

yo yo yo yooo what upp my peeps :volcano-smiley:

Joker is a new hydroponic grower. Full of questions. Joker hasn't even started his first cycle. Clown would love help throughout the WHOLE cycle if that's possible... (if anyone wants to help joker)

joker just needs help WHEN to put and HOW much to put in his hydroponic system from start to finish.

Joker purchased this. Cash Crop 4.0 - 6 Plant Hydroponics Grow Box from dealzer.com

ph up ph down solution.

Not sure yet If going to buy trimeter from blue lab.

Joker is aware he needs an ec/ppm/tds meter.

joker wants to basically do one full cycle before joker starts cloning.

first off Welcome to 420,
as for no replies well....
Joker doesn't really ask a question other that When and How much to put in his hyrdo system.
And even then, Joker doesn't state, When and How much of WHAT he would like to add.
Joker needs to get a ph/ppm meter, decide what kind of nutrients Joker is gonna run, and also what kind of lighting.
Joker should also start a journal so non Jokers can follow along and give pointers
If Joker needs help as to what nutrients to buy or use then Joker should ask that.
peeps will help with your grow, but to say I need help with the whole thing is kind of general. I could give you a shopping list of what to use, but it would probably be better for my grow than yours as I have no idea what you intend on using..
give us a detailed list of what you have or intend to have, the size of your grow area, how many plants your starting ect. then ask questions about what you need to do or change, otherwise it is a guessing game for the rest of us.

after doing some google searching, it appears your grow box is 24x16x9.5. There is no way I would start 6 plants in there as there is little room, I would start maybe 2 in that space unless you keep them real small. It also appears that it has CFL lighting. This will be alright just make sure you have 6500k bulbs for veg and 2700 k bulbs for flower. Not sure if just 3 lights will be enough either, you may need to add a couple more for flower.

first off Welcome to 420,
as for no replies well....
Joker doesn't really ask a question other that When and How much to put in his hyrdo system.
And even then, Joker doesn't state, When and How much of WHAT he would like to add.
Joker needs to get a ph/ppm meter, decide what kind of nutrients Joker is gonna run, and also what kind of lighting.
Joker should also start a journal so non Jokers can follow along and give pointers
If Joker needs help as to what nutrients to buy or use then Joker should ask that.
peeps will help with your grow, but to say I need help with the whole thing is kind of general. I could give you a shopping list of what to use, but it would probably be better for my grow than yours as I have no idea what you intend on using..
give us a detailed list of what you have or intend to have, the size of your grow area, how many plants your starting ect. then ask questions about what you need to do or change, otherwise it is a guessing game for the rest of us.

Joker was thinking of getting the Bluelab Guardian Monitor. If the ph probe breaks later on, it can be replaced.
It has a 2 year guaranteed. Joker might be jumping the gun. But he only wants whats best. Every other Ph tester isn't accurate or breaks easily. so i've read. even with calibration it doesn't last long. (referring to other ph testers)

Suppose joker is buying FloraGro, FloraBloom, and FloraMicro..
how much should joker put 1st week 2nd week etc. till end of cycle/harvest. (i know i have to flush at the end of two weeks) Joker heard you shouldn't give nuts to seedlings until they're in the veg cycle.. I'm asking for hydroponics. and for soil
I know everyone has their own formula. But it's just good to know.. you know..

If joker was going to start off with soil and leave the hydroponics for later after his mastered his first grow. (for clones)
Whats your formula for soil. Perlite %? vermiculite?% Joker was planning on using fox farm.. But joker has read tons of other soil mixes. But joker can't decide!

Thanks for the tip. on the journal part. Also if anyone here is an extremist pro in soil and hydroponics, would you be willing to take me under your wing? I'll shall be your disciple. I'll follow you through the bonds of.. ok too dramatic..

Another question.. it seems the air pump and air stone bubbling into it and giving nutrients when its running. Whenever joker gives the nuts in week 1 and week 2 etc. How many times a day should joker turn on his air stone air pump to feed the plant? if joker connects it to the timer. or should it be run 24h? and let the lights be the only thing that's being turned off..

I use the Flora series and run about 500ppm in veg using this recipe (per 5 gallons)
20ml Calmag
10 Ml Micro
15 ml Grow
5 ml Bloom
20 Ml Florablend

this is for my "hydro" type setup. I run a rockwool medium. Not sure how this would equate to a soil medium. I dont see why you could not use the same recipe. You will only give nutrients every 2nd or 3rd watering in soil. You will wait until the plant has 3 or 4 sets of true leaves before you start giving nutrients and even then you will thin out the mixture to 1/4 strength and work your way up to full strength. As for the airstone, if your in hydro, you will need to run that 24/7. Your roots and water will need the oxygen.. In soil you can forget the airstone, just don't go mixing up a barrel of nutrients, try to keep your nute mixture as fresh as possible, and again only feed every 3rd watering. I am not a soil guy though, so maybe someone else will chime in on the soil mixture and feedings....

I use the Flora series and run about 500ppm in veg using this recipe (per 5 gallons)
20ml Calmag
10 Ml Micro
15 ml Grow
5 ml Bloom
20 Ml Florablend

this is for my "hydro" type setup. I run a rockwool medium. Not sure how this would equate to a soil medium. I dont see why you could not use the same recipe. You will only give nutrients every 2nd or 3rd watering in soil. You will wait until the plant has 3 or 4 sets of true leaves before you start giving nutrients and even then you will thin out the mixture to 1/4 strength and work your way up to full strength. As for the airstone, if your in hydro, you will need to run that 24/7. Your roots and water will need the oxygen.. In soil you can forget the airstone, just don't go mixing up a barrel of nutrients, try to keep your nute mixture as fresh as possible, and again only feed every 3rd watering. I am not a soil guy though, so maybe someone else will chime in on the soil mixture and feedings....

joker has a raw=solulble spoon that measure. tsp.
how would joker measure that using Tsp? (1/4,tsp) (1/2tsp) (3/4 tsp) (1tsp)
joker is still new to measuring stuff..

since jokers plants are always in water, will they die from over feeding? It's sort of confusing how you would put nuts and adjust ph in reservoir when your plants are always in there. or do the nuts go away throughout each week in the reservoir. i know i have to change my reservoir every week.
is it possible to just leave the water in Ph level and spray your plants with nuts instead? Wouldn't that be easier?

Another question.. it seems the air pump and air stone bubbling into it and giving nutrients when its running. Whenever joker gives the nuts in week 1 and week 2 etc. How many times a day should joker turn on his air stone air pump to feed the plant? if joker connects it to the timer. or should it be run 24h? and let the lights be the only thing that's being turned off..

You should leave your air stone running all the time with any nutrients. If it's just water, it's ok to sit for a while, but you don't want to mix your nutrients and then leave them to sit for more than an hour or two without bubbling. There are three reasons to bubble your nutrient solution:
1)(and maybe the most obvious) to keep your water at 100% dissolved oxygen (100% of the maximum the water can hold)
2)To keep your solution moving (this stirs your solution constantly and doesn't let it settle into layers)
3)To control the growth of anaerobic (bad) bacteria and microbes

You'll have to get a pipette in order to get the measurements precise. You'll want to be as accurate as possible (esp. with hydro nutes)

joker has a raw=solulble spoon that measure. tsp.
how would joker measure that using Tsp? (1/4,tsp) (1/2tsp) (3/4 tsp) (1tsp)
joker is still new to measuring stuff..

since jokers plants are always in water, will they die from over feeding? It's sort of confusing how you would put nuts and adjust ph in reservoir when your plants are always in there. or do the nuts go away throughout each week in the reservoir. i know i have to change my reservoir every week.
is it possible to just leave the water in Ph level and spray your plants with nuts instead? Wouldn't that be easier?

In hydro the roots sit in the nutrient solution and use what they need. Most processes go like this:
Mix nutrients into water to desired ppm
Adjust the Ph to desired range (5.8 is premium in hydro)
Add the water to your reservoir
As the plants use nutrients or water, the ppm levels will change which will affect your Ph as well
If the plants are using water but not taking up nutrients the PPM levels will rise, which will cause your PH to drop
If the plants are using nutrients more than water then the ppm will go down causing PH to rise
This is the reason for changing your reservoir out and monitoring your ph and ppm.

As for your tsp. I believe it is 5ml in 1tsp. hopefully you can manage the math yourself. But you are better off finding syringes or measuring cups

Thank you

soo..

throughout seedlings, ppm?
in veg the ppm should be?
during flowering the ppm should be?

im really bad at math.....

what? then how am i suppose to measure how much nuts i put in?...

You will get good at math if you measure nutrients out enough. A good set of measuring spoons and a pipette are pretty crucial for making the right measurements (esp if you are only making a couple gallons at a time). You can get away with just a set of spoons, but it won't be as accurate. A graduated shot glass can be helpful too. You can get them at places like walmart and target.

1/8tsp=0.625ml
1/4tsp=1.25ml
1/2tsp=2.5ml
1tsp=5ml
1Tbls=15ml

You will get good at math if you measure nutrients out enough. A good set of measuring spoons and a pipette are pretty crucial for making the right measurements (esp if you are only making a couple gallons at a time). You can get away with just a set of spoons, but it won't be as accurate. A graduated shot glass can be helpful too. You can get them at places like walmart and target.

1/8tsp=0.625ml
1/4tsp=1.25ml
1/2tsp=2.5ml
1tsp=5ml
1Tbls=15ml

Jesus christ! is that graduated shot glass that accurate?! 15ml seems like a ton of nuts! judging by the looks of that glass! Thanks!

I walked into my local walmart the other day looking for a small syringe to measure nutes with. The young lady behind the drug desk just handed me a 10ml syringe for free. Apparently they pass them out gratis.

I need to get one of those! 10ml is such an annoying measurement when you only have measuring spoons and a 3ml pipette.

Back
Top Bottom