Xlr8's Magic Brownies - Step by Step - With Pictures!

WhiteHouse said:
I was wondering if you always make just a small batch, here's the smallest batch I've made yet.

:thumb:

Oh yeah! Looks great. I usually make extra, but I'm thinking 2 cups next time. :)

Xlr8 ... great post

Greenhouse ... let's have a step by step too

I have been thinking of cooking too. I have seen a method using dry ice to make kief. I may try using this kief both in the batter and infused in the oil and will report ... just not ready to jump in yet

I have a slow cooker and scrap in the freezer...any problems going that route...good post:thumb:

Lots of people do it that way, and I'm sure it works fine - but I haven't done it That way yet so I can't really weigh in on the slow cooker.. Oh, and :thanks:

Well X you did it again! Never heard of the snikerdoodle cookie, i was like sounds like more of a kid cookie, you know chocolate, caramel, smarties, something like that. One day asked the wife what they were. After finding out, was like lets try it, well i'm on my 6th batch on these things and not slowing down. This last batch i'm calling them twin turbo doodles, why? you might ask well i added over 5g of my bubble hash. Some killer f'n cookies my friend, i usually eat four, but these ones three and i'm doing better then ever. Best of all you can't taste a thing! That i owe all to you bro. The wife had half a cookie and was totally gone, and happy of course. Thanks again, can't say it enough.:adore::Namaste:

Well X you did it again! Never heard of the snikerdoodle cookie, i was like sounds like more of a kid cookie, you know chocolate, caramel, smarties, something like that. One day asked the wife what they were. After finding out, was like lets try it, well i'm on my 6th batch on these things and not slowing down. This last batch i'm calling them twin turbo doodles, why? you might ask well i added over 5g of my bubble hash. Some killer f'n cookies my friend, i usually eat four, but these ones three and i'm doing better then ever. Best of all you can't taste a thing! That i owe all to you bro. The wife had half a cookie and was totally gone, and happy of course. Thanks again, can't say it enough.:adore::Namaste:

Awesome! I love them too. So glad you are also a fan - thanks for sharing your experiences. :thumb:

Good job! typical X thing to do. No need to post this other than to be totally awesome and just want to help people out! Thanks X! +reps!

Never heard of snickerdoodles?!?!? What?>!>!

Thanks Deege! Snickerdoodles are a great cookie - try googling "snickerdoodle cookies" for more info, but they are a type of cinammon and sugar cookie. They have a distinct flavor though, that works well with cannabis. Appreciate the props my friend! :)

That really sounds like a great recipe. I have a real simple process for making my brownies and like you I think I will take a thing or two from yours specifically the Soy Lecithin.

I have been making brownies since the end of last seasons grow, I dont smoke it so I use most of it for edibles. My process is a real simple one and all I know is that anyone who ever eats one of my brownies goes on about how they have never had one that got them that high.

First off I use the Walmart brand un-salted butter and I usually make 2 pounds in a batch. I melt the butter in a pot. I have an item called a Magic Bullet (The Magic Bullet Blender - Official Website) which is what I use to grind up my cannabis. It really grinds it up fine in just seconds, about the consistency of flour. I use 2 ounces of good bud per pound of butter therefore I put in a quarter pound with my 2 pounds of butter after it has melted. I than turn it down as low as I can get it and I let it simmer for 2 1/2 to 3 hours stirring it occasionally. When it has finished you can see the difference from when you first started and how oily it has become. I pour it through a metal strainer first and catch most of the pot. I than take and scoop the pot I strained and put little amounts into a cut piece of cheesecloth. (about 4 times does all of the pot) I than squeeze out as much of the oil still in the pot as I can. Than I take my tupperware container which is flat and round and I use a rubberband to hold the cheesecloth on it. When it's strained and squeezed and all of my butter is in the tupperware I place it in the fridge. The next morning I have a round solid piece of butter and it is dark dark green. Now it is time to make some brownies. To help control the amount people eat I purchased at Walmart a mini muffin sheet that makes 24 small brownie bites. I also use the Betty Crocker brownie mix from Walmart that is $0.88 per bag. I will use 2 bags per batch which calls for 2 tablespoons of water, 1 egg, and 1/3 cup oil per bag. I cut a chunk of the butter and will microwave it in a glass measuring cup. When the mix is mixed up real good I am ready to bake.

butter12.jpg

butter2.jpg

The oven calls for 350 degrees and you want to preheat the oven and also your mini muffin pan. Pull out the hot muffin pan and spray it real good with a pam type cooking spray. Than use a small spoon or mini rubber spatula and put in an amount in each of the 24 muffin spots. I try and keep it below the top of pan cause they will rise and you end up with the perfect size brownie bite. You put the pan back in the oven and bake for approximately 10-12 minutes. When timer goes off stick a toothpick in center of a couple brownies and check to see if they are done. a little bit of chocolate on the toothpick is ok, they will still cook a little more when you pull them out plus it helps make them chewier and gooier. I remove the pan from the oven and i use a small pairing knife to go around the edges to release the brownie and turn it in a circle as you pull it out. Place them on a cooling rack and they are done.

muffinpan.jpg

One brownie bite is usually all a person will need. Take 2 and you will find yourself later nodding out at whatever you are doing. I am excited about the Soy Lecithin and what it will do to the potency of these little jewels.

brownie1.jpg

Thank You for sharing your recipe and for allowing me to share mine also. I hope that someone will try this and enjoy.

Wow those brownies look great! I am very interested in edibles being a kidney patient.Great job:thumb:Looking forward to more delicious recepies.Thanks for sharing.:bravo:

That really sounds like a great recipe. I have a real simple process for making my brownies and like you I think I will take a thing or two from yours specifically the Soy Lecithin.

I have been making brownies since the end of last seasons grow, I dont smoke it so I use most of it for edibles. My process is a real simple one and all I know is that anyone who ever eats one of my brownies goes on about how they have never had one that got them that high.

First off I use the Walmart brand un-salted butter and I usually make 2 pounds in a batch. I melt the butter in a pot. I have an item called a Magic Bullet (The Magic Bullet Blender - Official Website) which is what I use to grind up my cannabis. It really grinds it up fine in just seconds, about the consistency of flour. I use 2 ounces of good bud per pound of butter therefore I put in a quarter pound with my 2 pounds of butter after it has melted. I than turn it down as low as I can get it and I let it simmer for 2 1/2 to 3 hours stirring it occasionally. When it has finished you can see the difference from when you first started and how oily it has become. I pour it through a metal strainer first and catch most of the pot. I than take and scoop the pot I strained and put little amounts into a cut piece of cheesecloth. (about 4 times does all of the pot) I than squeeze out as much of the oil still in the pot as I can. Than I take my tupperware container which is flat and round and I use a rubberband to hold the cheesecloth on it. When it's strained and squeezed and all of my butter is in the tupperware I place it in the fridge. The next morning I have a round solid piece of butter and it is dark dark green. Now it is time to make some brownies. To help control the amount people eat I purchased at Walmart a mini muffin sheet that makes 24 small brownie bites. I also use the Betty Crocker brownie mix from Walmart that is $0.88 per bag. I will use 2 bags per batch which calls for 2 tablespoons of water, 1 egg, and 1/3 cup oil per bag. I cut a chunk of the butter and will microwave it in a glass measuring cup. When the mix is mixed up real good I am ready to bake.

butter12.jpg

butter2.jpg

The oven calls for 350 degrees and you want to preheat the oven and also your mini muffin pan. Pull out the hot muffin pan and spray it real good with a pam type cooking spray. Than use a small spoon or mini rubber spatula and put in an amount in each of the 24 muffin spots. I try and keep it below the top of pan cause they will rise and you end up with the perfect size brownie bite. You put the pan back in the oven and bake for approximately 10-12 minutes. When timer goes off stick a toothpick in center of a couple brownies and check to see if they are done. a little bit of chocolate on the toothpick is ok, they will still cook a little more when you pull them out plus it helps make them chewier and gooier. I remove the pan from the oven and i use a small pairing knife to go around the edges to release the brownie and turn it in a circle as you pull it out. Place them on a cooling rack and they are done.

muffinpan.jpg

One brownie bite is usually all a person will need. Take 2 and you will find yourself later nodding out at whatever you are doing. I am excited about the Soy Lecithin and what it will do to the potency of these little jewels.

brownie1.jpg

Thank You for sharing your recipe and for allowing me to share mine also. I hope that someone will try this and enjoy.

Kool! also don't forget to do his decarbing method, this will also add potency. I've experimented with his recipe and everything will add potency!

I just recently made about a dozen hard copy's of this recipe, to give to people i know will benefit. Hope that's ok with you Big X? I'm not asking for compensation just passing on some really good meds and that's it my friend! I've said this before but i will say it again this should be stickied...:Namaste:

Re: Xlr8's Magic Brownies - Step by Step... with Pictures!

I'm sorry if I'm posting in an old thread but I would like to add that I followed this recipe and registered on this site to say:

THANK YOU Xlr8!!!

After following many different recipes and methods on the internet, cooking temperatures and people's approach to cooking cannaoil I have wasted way too much material on attempting to successfully create an edible.

However, after following your incredibly thorough method I was able to see success at every step through the cooking and it was the best feeling ever! After so many attempts, I could finally start seeing proper results and, might I add, a fantastic smell :p

As for the potency, I tweaked the amount I put in, 9g in total (I'm using bud). After getting very weak potency out of previous methods involving 5g and 7g, I thought I would up the dosage to compensate for the poor THC extraction. Boy, I wasn't expecting as much success as I did from this method! The oil is *incredibly* potent and I've extracted more THC from my material than I have with any other tutorial. For those interested, I used a double boiler with a ceramic bowl on top and covered with alfoil apart from when it was stirred. Ceramic wasn't the best choice so I'm investing in a proper metal double boiler for best results.

I have always known about the benefits of lecithin in extraction but never had the proper guidance as you provided here and I can say, it definitely makes an impact in the potency of the final product. I live in a small town and there was no access to extra virgin coconut oil but I have ordered some online. I have had friends use it before and it definitely gets better results than other oils. For mine I used a 50/50 blend of canola and vegetable oil and it seems to work well.

For the dosage, I cut a pre-packaged brownie (8x8 inch) batch into 16 pieces. I made this with 9g and upon eating half a brownie I thought I would wait (they taste incredibly weedy, most likely due to how much I put in, it's dank stuff). Boy, it hit me like a train, I was very happy I didn't eat the other half! I know if people are reading the comments looking for people who have tried it and posting results, I can tell you that I'm *very* happy with this batch! I know there's no dosage specifically for those using bud, but this could easily be made into 16 pieces with 5g and one brownie would be a dose. If you're looking for that "these space cakes are the shizbang" then I think 6g would be good, with 7g being the max (providing you divide it into 16 pieces like me).

The body high is very intense and rolls in very slowly, as Xlr8 says, it's a total creeper high. It lasts for much longer than smoking does for me and that's very pleasant. The head high is very nice, a good balance of psychedelic effects but sober enough to handle the body high. For these, I eat a dose and then prepare everything for the night, make a sandwich, hop into bed and relax with some TV till the body high sends me off to sleep. For what I used in the batch, I believe I'm getting the most out of my material by baking this way.

After the success with this method I'm confident now that I'll be baking much more often and exploring what can be done with the oil after using this method to get it extra potent ;)

I hope this helps someone! And thank you for listening :)

Cool butter recipe, MrPeab. I would like to try making butter sometime, so I'll definitely be saving this for future reference. Thanks for sharing your process, and I'm glad you found a thing or two from my recipe that helped as well. I mean this sincerely - you should post a new thread with your recipe so it isn't hidden on page 3 of this thread. I think it deserves it's own home so more people can benefit from it who want to use butter for baking brownies. Nice job! Oh, and you got me thinking - I may use one of those mini-muffin sheets next time. Does seem like a good way to keep the dosage in check!

Kool! also don't forget to do his decarbing method, this will also add potency. I've experimented with his recipe and everything will add potency!

I just recently made about a dozen hard copy's of this recipe, to give to people i know will benefit. Hope that's ok with you Big X? I'm not asking for compensation just passing on some really good meds and that's it my friend! I've said this before but i will say it again this should be stickied...:Namaste:

Hi Greenhouse!

I'm really glad you've found it so useful, and I'm fine with you handing it out or sharing it with people who can benefit from it. :thanks:

I started the thread because I couldn't find a good recipe myself when I started baking with cannabis. The first recipe I tried, didn't work at all. Just wasted a bunch of really valuable medicine. It was heartbreaking, but a good learning experience I suppose. Once I felt like I had it figured out pretty good, I decided I wanted to share it in case it helps someone else out. So, it makes my day to see how much success others are also having - mission accomplished! :)

I'm glad you like it enough to share it! Sticky would be cool, but I'm not sure how one goes about that or what the criteria is.

:thanks: again --

X

Re: Xlr8's Magic Brownies - Step by Step... with Pictures!

I'm sorry if I'm posting in an old thread but I would like to add that I followed this recipe and registered on this site to say:

THANK YOU Xlr8!!!

After following many different recipes and methods on the internet, cooking temperatures and people's approach to cooking cannaoil I have wasted way too much material on attempting to successfully create an edible.

However, after following your incredibly thorough method I was able to see success at every step through the cooking and it was the best feeling ever! After so many attempts, I could finally start seeing proper results and, might I add, a fantastic smell :p

As for the potency, I tweaked the amount I put in, 9g in total (I'm using bud). After getting very weak potency out of previous methods involving 5g and 7g, I thought I would up the dosage to compensate for the poor THC extraction. Boy, I wasn't expecting as much success as I did from this method! The oil is *incredibly* potent and I've extracted more THC from my material than I have with any other tutorial. For those interested, I used a double boiler with a ceramic bowl on top and covered with alfoil apart from when it was stirred. Ceramic wasn't the best choice so I'm investing in a proper metal double boiler for best results.

I have always known about the benefits of lecithin in extraction but never had the proper guidance as you provided here and I can say, it definitely makes an impact in the potency of the final product. I live in a small town and there was no access to extra virgin coconut oil but I have ordered some online. I have had friends use it before and it definitely gets better results than other oils. For mine I used a 50/50 blend of canola and vegetable oil and it seems to work well.

For the dosage, I cut a pre-packaged brownie (8x8 inch) batch into 16 pieces. I made this with 9g and upon eating half a brownie I thought I would wait (they taste incredibly weedy, most likely due to how much I put in, it's dank stuff). Boy, it hit me like a train, I was very happy I didn't eat the other half! I know if people are reading the comments looking for people who have tried it and posting results, I can tell you that I'm *very* happy with this batch! I know there's no dosage specifically for those using bud, but this could easily be made into 16 pieces with 5g and one brownie would be a dose. If you're looking for that "these space cakes are the shizbang" then I think 6g would be good, with 7g being the max (providing you divide it into 16 pieces like me).

The body high is very intense and rolls in very slowly, as Xlr8 says, it's a total creeper high. It lasts for much longer than smoking does for me and that's very pleasant. The head high is very nice, a good balance of psychedelic effects but sober enough to handle the body high. For these, I eat a dose and then prepare everything for the night, make a sandwich, hop into bed and relax with some TV till the body high sends me off to sleep. For what I used in the batch, I believe I'm getting the most out of my material by baking this way.

After the success with this method I'm confident now that I'll be baking much more often and exploring what can be done with the oil after using this method to get it extra potent ;)

I hope this helps someone! And thank you for listening :)

Hi Kalibur!

Awesome, it really makes me happy to hear how well it worked out for you. I really appreciate you sharing how things went using bud. You added a lot of value as I've only used trim-leaf shake. :thanks:

I feel like the recipe does maximize the material, as you mention, so thank you for sharing your feelings on that as well. I'm really glad you and others have had some success with it - as I mentioned in my reply to Greenhouse, I hoped all along to help other people with this who struggled to find a good recipe as well, so I'm thrilled by your response! :)

She's stickied now my friend. Thank you 420Girl! You Rock! :Namaste::peace:

Very cool! That made me smile my friend, thank you for doing that (and yes, thank you 420Girl!). :) :)

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom