6x2 with 100w from the wall LED Cheese Auto - Dos and don'ts?

You are right, I had it correct the first time and then changed it. The 6400 is blue for vegging, he needs red. A mind is a terrible thing to waste. (mine)
:laugh: We've all been there mate. Second guess yourself, then confuse yourself, then convince yourself. When you were right in the first place. Ha ha.

Heres some specs maybe on the leds, picked up 4 more for a total of 6 @ 270watts from the wall.
Downloaded a generic LUX app and with 2 lights its reading 20,000 a foot away from lights.
Now I didnt adjust for spectrum, will find a better app(tent guru?) as a meter is out of my $$$ range atm.

20220708_163640.jpg

Heres some specs maybe on the leds, picked up 4 more for a total of 6 @ 270watts from the wall.
Downloaded a generic LUX app and with 2 lights its reading 20,000 a foot away from lights.
Now I didnt adjust for spectrum, will find a better app(tent guru?) as a meter is out of my $$$ range atm.

20220708_163640.jpg

All light meter apps (ie Photone) are for shit on Android phones. Apple phones seem to do a much better job. The same Photone app on an Apple product is within 5% accuracy, while Android phones are 25‰+ margin of error. A real lux meter on Amazon is about $25-$30. You'll want about 50k luk in bloom.

How To Use A Lux Meter To Increase Your Cannabis Yields

Right then. With a 25% leeway, 2 are putting out @ 15K LUX. With 4 more, should be OK for a first run of 3 plants.
If I had to focus on 2 things for this grow, genetics aside because they're already OTW, what would that be?
Im thinking medium is No 1, with environment/nutes being second.
Things I've found pertinent:
1: plant in same container they will finish in to reduce stress.
2: If I choose to top, 5th or 6th node is where to do it, and remove nodes below that.
3: LST will work until about the flower stage, not the preflower stage. Which is about 7 to 10 days apart.
4: expect some variation in plant size and yield
Anything to add?!.!
Again, thanks soooo much.

Right then. With a 25% leeway, 2 are putting out @ 15K LUX. With 4 more, should be OK for a first run of 3 plants.
If I had to focus on 2 things for this grow, genetics aside because they're already OTW, what would that be?
Im thinking medium is No 1, with environment/nutes being second.
Things I've found pertinent:
1: plant in same container they will finish in to reduce stress.
2: If I choose to top, 5th or 6th node is where to do it, and remove nodes below that.
3: LST will work until about the flower stage, not the preflower stage. Which is about 7 to 10 days apart.
4: expect some variation in plant size and yield
Anything to add?!.!
Again, thanks soooo much.

If I were ranking things:

#1 is Light. You get more bang for your buck with lighting than any other aspect of indoor growing. You may get a decent amount of lux with enough of those units, but the spectrum is off. They'll probably be fine for veg but will underperform once they go to blooming. But if it's all you got and can afford right now, then it is what it is.

#2 Nutrients and knowing how to water (how much and how often).

#3 Medium. I put nutrients above medium but the two go hand in hand. How much you feed, what you feed, and how you feed it are going to be dictated by the medium. But if the medium is a blank canvas like soil-less, coco, or pure hydro, nutes are more important.

#4 Genetics. More important with autos than photos since you aren't in control of when they are going to move into bloom.

#5 Environment. These plants will tolerate a fair amount of fluctuation, as long as there's decent airflow. I've had winter time temps in the low 60's and summer temps when the AC failed in the 90's. Humidity fluctuations from 30-80% and still had decent crops. There are ideal ranges, but you can get away with a lot. After all, these plants grew outdoors for centuries in all kinds of climates.

What are you planning on feeding these girls?

Light will get some red definitely, I'm leaning towards peat based medium. As for nutes, FF are available locally and not too pricey.
Im at 40°N, so some climate control could be in order.
I'd like to do some in soil, but bugs are prevelant and don't want to introduce them if I don't have to.
Im also running some photos that will need their own flowering room, so I best get my $hit together soon, lol.

Light will get some red definitely, I'm leaning towards peat based medium. As for nutes, FF are available locally and not too pricey.
Im at 40°N, so some climate control could be in order.
I'd like to do some in soil, but bugs are prevelant and don't want to introduce them if I don't have to.
Im also running some photos that will need their own flowering room, so I best get my $hit together soon, lol.

My 2 cents. There are two Nute brands that will never be in my tents. Ok, I build my own anymore so frankly no commercial line is going to be used, but... First is Advanced Nutrients. Overpriced, watered down, snake oil. Lots of nifty marketing but they make incomplete products so you have to buy a bazillion bottles. Second is Fox Farms. Way too much Phosphorus throughout their product line. You wonder why they recommend you flush often? Could it be unused Phosphorus due to overfeeding that element? That's my feeling.

This is why I love this place. I dig ur FN nutes!! I'll wait for others to chime in on nutes. Back to the lighting.
4 of these in conjunction with 3 or 4 of my 6000k
We just transitioned to these at work, and there's a surplus.

Screenshot_20220709-142156_Chrome.jpg

This is why I love this place. I dig ur FN nutes!! I'll wait for others to chime in on nutes.

If there is anything I would buy off the shelf, without spending hundreds on salts to make your own, it would be Perfect Nutrients from @Perfect Sun LED. Our blends are very similar. @TorturedSoul mentioned him too in the other thread. Neil at Perfect Suns results speak for themselves. Dude grows monsters.

I got a little experiment going on over HERE that may be of interest. Using cheap Osmocote available at Walmart, since cost appears to be a constraint. It does look like it needs a bit of supplementation in bloom (more Potassium and maybe a bit of Cal-Mag depending on your water) but it worked wonders through veg. I was playing with some numbers last night and maybe .7g of Muriate of Potash per gallon would do the trick. That can usually be sourced locally too at minimal expense.

My issue with Osmocote Plus... It's not a perfect cannabis nutrient, but it can work. However... Once you've mixed it in, you're at its mercy, so to speak. You have no real control over it. "Some" nutrients get dispensed(?) into your media every time you water - but how much? And it'll likely vary; more gets released when the temperature is higher, less when it is lower. Want to only use it during the growth phase, or through the stretch portion of the flowering phase? Okay... how, lol? You can use less - but that doesn't really cause it to get used up quicker; it just means the amount being released into your soil/etc. will be less each time. I'm not a big fan of nitrogen-heavy nutrient recipes, and feel that too much might produce big plants - but small, leafy buds.

Again, it'll work. There is a huge thread about it. But it's not an optimal product for our application. On the other hand, it's cheap; if you are in an area that does not have a year-round growing season, you'll probably be able to get a little jug for $1.99 (or a sack for a few dollars more) on end-of-season clearance at your local ChinaMart.

There are other inexpensive nutrients. I'm not happy with the thought of buying General Hydroponics brand products these days, because Scotts Miracle-Gro now owns the brand (along with dozens more nutrient/product brands) via its Hawthorne Group shell company. But the products still work fine. GH Maxi-Series (MaxiGro and MaxiBloom) dry nutrients are cheap and nutritionally complete (more or less). That, plus a bottle of liquid KoolBloom "PK booster" (if desired), a small sack of KoolBloom Dry "finisher" (ditto)... plus something like GH's calcium + magnesium combo product (or Epsom salt for magnesium and municipal tap water, a sack of calcium nitrate, et cetera for calcium) if desired/needed... throw in the GH silicon supplement (I'd have to go look in my box of potions to be sure, lol, but I think it's called Armor Si) - and you've got a pretty complete set that will suffice for basically *any* plant, for not a lot of money. You could substitute the three-part Flora series (FloraMicro, FloraGro, FloraBloom), if you like, and have a greater ability to tailor your feed, but it's not really necessary. Really, most of these things aren't necessary; people have gone seed-to-harvest with just MaxiBloom and (if necessary) some supplemental calcium and magnesium. These things are for hydroponic use (although they work fine in soil), therefore they're not dependent on anything already being present. And did I mention "inexpensive?" It's been... IDK, three years or so since I've priced it, but when I last did, I saw a one-kilogram (2.2-pound) sack of MaxiGro, MaxiBloom, AND KoolBloom Dry advertised on (sc)Amazon for something like $34 (delivered). Bud here costs $20 to $30 per gram / $110 to $130 per ¼-ounce :rolleyes: . And if you can go through that much Maxi in a year, well, you're either not doing your gardening in a tent, or you like to use the stuff in your morning coffee ;).

Er... ramble ramble.

Suppose I should make this a journal, but that sounds like another responsibility,..
I am also not a fan of giant corporations either, @TorturedSoul. I have hard well water with nitrates( hence departure from my 1st love: cichlids), 7.2 pH. We collect rainwater too because, why not?!
Happy Sunday, back to making Studebaker fiberglass replicas tomorrow. Seeds are in my state already, maybe here tomorrow, yikes!

Grabbing 2 of these, will give me @ 30 gallons. I'd like to use 7 gal per plant
This is 1/2 price of same thru Bezosworld?!

Screenshot_20220710-183245_Chrome.jpg

Each of those bales is 10 gallons worth, so for 30 gallons you'll need 3. I got 2 of them sitting in the driveway right now for my four 5 gallon containers. Honestly, 5 gallon containers are fine for autos if you are going to be bottle feeding. I didn't get around to transplanting today. Too many other things that needed attention 1st. Maybe tomorrow.

5 is enuff? Wanted to give the roots as much room as they needed, big roots = big fruits. Now onto nute choice. Ive got a cpl pounds of Happy Frog Organic dry feet. As tortured soul said, could be a pain if im bottle feeding, but I would like to eventually get to just watering them, with all they need in the soil. Lofty goal, but....
Hey, thanks for keeping up with me. Appreciate it greatly.
Cheers

Seeds delivered today, off to work.
Anyone Familiar with feed corn bags?! Lovely woven plastic, lots of holes
Discuss, lol.

Previous light info above is wrong. Prolly starting 3 on Sunday. Til then, be nice to other humans. :)

20220714_122211.jpg

ProMix here, closet painted halfway flatwhite. Need more paint. Exhaust fan is a couple coffee cans and an axial type induction motor from a microwave paired to a cheese ball container with a perforated soda bottle filled with carbon, all surrounded by pantyhose.
2 Cheese and one GG4 in water.
Holy shit, here we go.

Got soil and buckets done.
Drain holes, some gravel, coco mat then soil. Thats 4 gallons exactly in a 5gal bucket. I left handles on because its my grow, not yours!!! Peace

20220719_223109.jpg

20220719_223100.jpg

20220719_221532.jpg

20220719_221509.jpg

20220719_220000.jpg

20220719_215927.jpg

20220719_215921.jpg

Pics in reverse order kinda

Some people spray paint the exterior of their buckets black, to block light. Well, black and then white, usually, so that the light will (mostly) be reflected instead of absorbed and turn to heat.

It's not entirely necessary, but it will help prevent algal growth along the edges of the medium when there are powerful lights being used.

Back
Top Bottom