Amnesia Haze Auto In Soil

Day 18
We have lift-off … kind of
I gave it 250 ml of water so far
The pot is still heavy! Palpitations

IMG_4806.jpeg

IMG_4803.jpeg
I wouldn’t be watering it if the pot is still heavy! 🤔

I keep it (them) tied down until eventually the plant is trained to grow that way and then I can remove the "tie down." Having a lot of tie downs makes it had to water evenly as they get in the way.

By "on a screen" I do you mean like "SOG?"
Well a bit like a scrog or sog yes you pull the plant flat with a screen and just guide everything out under it and you get a field of similar sized & height buds.
But you just tie the main down and keep it on level with the side branches & those oomph up, no screen involved?

Day 20 … the pot is finally light enough!
The truth is, it’s been lighter for a few days probably, but didn’t notice till I moved her and
There she was with two more pots to compare
And it was considerably lighter

So gave her 1 liter with calmag root microbes and additives, I’ll hold on the base nutrients ..
Sounds reasonable?

IMG_4826.jpeg

Sounds reasonable?
Yep, except I'd water to runoff. However, if your soil has a surfactant in it don't expect much, if any, runoff especially if there's a lot of peat moss in the mix. Again, let container weight be your guide. Some maintain that water will run right through peat moss without much water being absorbed and that's true unless your soil has (or you use) a surfactant. One drop of an unscented dish soap per gallon of water makes water "wetter" by breaking water's surface tension and therefore the water is absorbed more readily by the soil. For soil, I use HP Promix which is mostly peat along with a surfactant and some mitochondria. But there's other great soil mixes out there.

What is your water pH?

And, oh yeah, pull that grass sprout!

Yep, except I'd water to runoff. However, if your soil has a surfactant in it don't expect much, if any, runoff especially if there's a lot of peat moss in the mix. Again, let container weight be your guide. Some maintain that water will run right through peat moss without much water being absorbed and that's true unless your soil has (or you use) a surfactant. One drop of an unscented dish soap per gallon of water makes water "wetter" by breaking water's surface tension and therefore the water is absorbed more readily by the soil. For soil, I use HP Promix which is mostly peat along with a surfactant and some mitochondria. But there's other great soil mixes out there.

What is your water pH?

And, oh yeah, pull that grass sprout!
🤣 ok

The PH, I start with 6 then 6.3 when I add the base nutrients …

With this size container, I get runoff when I give it just under 2 liters, I gave her the liter three hours ago, should I give her another liter now?

You pH sounds fine. My pH out of my well is 7.5; I correct it with white distilled vinegar to 6.5. I've never checked my pH after adding nutes; some say nutes don't really affect the pH. I couldn't speak to that. I guess I'm okay because I've not run into a problem.

Yeah, I'd add another liter then let the soil go really, really dry before you water again - depending on your air temp, this could take 7-10 days. As others have said, cannabis hates having its feet wet! This watering should cause a growth spurt. Get ready to do some LST!

Is this your first watering since sprouts? If so, your next watering could contain nutes - autos don't really need nutes for the first three weeks, but cal/mag would be okay. I've never had to add cal/mag as my well water is hard, contains lots of calcium.

DSC_0015.jpeg

You pH sounds fine. My pH out of my well is 7.5; I correct it with white distilled vinegar to 6.5. I've never checked my pH after adding nutes; some say nutes don't really affect the pH. I couldn't speak to that. I guess I'm okay because I've not run into a problem.

Yeah, I'd add another liter then let the soil go really, really dry before you water again - depending on your air temp, this could take 7-10 days. As others have said, cannabis hates having its feet wet! This watering should cause a growth spurt. Get ready to do some LST!

Is this your first watering since sprouts? If so, your next watering could contain nutes - autos don't really need nutes for the first three weeks, but cal/mag would be okay. I've never had to add cal/mag as my well water is hard, contains lots of calcium.

DSC_0015.jpeg
Wow wow what a beauty 😍
I can’t wait for this phase

When it comes to PH I have a lot of information but not enough in depth knowledge to have something serious to add, the nutes I use are advertised as PH perfect, they somehow stabilize at 6.3 (the base nutrients specifically are the PH adjuster). The only thing I came across lately that’s worth mentioning, is that if you use silica it should be added first …

It’s my first watering since planting, 3 weeks minus a few hours! Except for a 250 ml spray a few days ago ..

Can you recommend a video for LSTing autos? 🥶

RIP:

IMG_4831.jpeg

IMG_4832.jpeg

It’s my first watering since planting,
Three weeks . . . hmmm . . . Your girls will be hungry soon, probably before they dry out again. I think I'd add some grow nutes to that second liter unless you've already given them the second drink. You'll probably enter preflower in a week or two. I'm going to post this reply right away, then answer your other thoughts.

Wow wow what a beauty
Thanks. They weren't ready yet, you can tell by the white hairs.
video for LSTing autos?
I'm not sure we're allowed to post links here, but I went to YouTube and searched for "how to LST cannabis" and came up with lots of options. The important thing to remember is just keep tie-ing down whatever is growing straight up. The girls will fight you on this and insist on growing up towards the light, but you're the boss! A couple of times the main cola insisted on being first which threatened to rob the others of light, so I held my breath and cut it off - sacrificed for the good of the others.

At about six weeks you should see bloom stretch. My girls are usually ready to chop at 12 weeks. IIRC, the plants in the photo I posted were at 10 weeks. Make sure you keep detailed notes along with pics. You'll refer back to them grow after grow.

Three weeks . . . hmmm . . . Your girls will be hungry soon, probably before they dry out again. I think I'd add some grow nutes to that second liter unless you've already given them the second drink. You'll probably enter preflower in a week or two. I'm going to post this reply right away, then answer your other thoughts.
Missed it, but I believe the soil will happily get us through the next 10 day

She’s coming back
But what a hit that was
But I definitely won’t be touching her except to keep the leaves from making contact with the soil
Let alone LST :)

IMG_4854.jpeg

She’s coming back
But what a hit that was
But I definitely won’t be touching her except to keep the leaves from making contact with the soil
Let alone LST :)

IMG_4854.jpeg
What are you talking about, just let her go a bit more until you have bit more robust plant and then you tie the main cola down to the side until you see the rest of the branches fatten up and then you guide those out to the sides as well splaying it out so no branches are on top of each other and each gets their space and loads of light reaches the center of the plant, It usually brings a way more rewarding crop as you get a bunch of biggens instead of just the one.

What are you talking about, just let her go a bit more until you have bit more robust plant and then you tie the main cola down to the side until you see the rest of the branches fatten up and then you guide those out to the sides as well splaying it out so no branches are on top of each other and each gets their space and loads of light reaches the center of the plant, It usually brings a way more rewarding crop as you get a bunch of biggens instead of just the one.
Does this look right?

IMG_4888.jpeg

IMG_4887.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom