Are the browning leaves from lockout?

dba1954

are the browning leaves possibly from nutrient lockout? The plant is 6-7 weeks old and have been following the foxfarm schedule of nutes and maintaining a PH of 6.3-6.5
1669474219339.png

I am suspecting that this is a common magnesium deficiency and that some of this damage extends up into the middle of the plant in several locations. That could be solved by adding calmag to your feeding regime. I can't tell from the photo how big the container is, but similar bottom fan leaf damage can also be caused when the plant is rootbound and needing more space. This might also be what is causing your upper leaves to point downward toward the container, but that clawing response could also be indicating an overwatering situation. Lots going on here, but only more information will point us to the real cause and without that, I am only guessing.

i flushed and will add a little calmag next watering. The container is 3 gallon but the dirt has settled 2". I was thinking about re-potting with more soil (fox farm) but concerned about doing
it this late in the grow cycle... btw it's a northern lights auto

i gave it a good flushing this morning

316926914_3429258193961765_7387464620704140121_n.jpg
Make sure you flush with straight water maybe couple times a month or at least once. Definitely use cal-mag which helps roots absorb fertilizer. With fox farm fertilizer I cut the Big Bloom to half strength. Being root bound can cause this also. Might need to go to bigger pots next grow. I'd use 5 gal pots. Fox Farm Ocean is an excellent soil for cannabis.

Make sure you flush with straight water maybe couple times a month or at least once. Definitely use cal-mag which helps roots absorb fertilizer. With fox farm fertilizer I cut the Big Bloom to half strength. Being root bound can cause this also. Might need to go to bigger pots next grow. I'd use 5 gal pots. Fox Farm Ocean is an excellent soil for cannabis.
fyi .. in one month I'll be harvesting. This is an autogrow so short life span

fyi .. in one month I'll be harvesting. This is an autogrow
I see, I only used auto once and decided with the diligence involved I quit them because I wannted more product than autos produce. I now buy strictly feminized seeds. Going that route though you have to have a veg /flower stage lighting regimine but really no big deal with a timer. By the way your plant looks good considering the small problems and fairly large for an auto. Enjoy man.

I think all the problems can be related to the small container not filled all the way and the need for Cal mag
i transplanted to another 3 gal container with additional foxfarm soil (added to the bottom) to bring the level up to the very top. I also added calmag to the water... thanks everyone

Back
Top Bottom