Autos v. Photos - A 5x5 No Rules Fight for Yield: A Jon & NickHardy Gig

Can’t enter PHOTM for a while, but I came across this picture which is one I might have entered if I could. No reason for this other than I really like this photo and thought you guys might too, and cuz I like journals with lots of pot pictures. You guys don’t need to hear me blather on. But we can always use more beauty in our lives, no?

IMG_3068.jpeg

Today I bought the Blue Dream a new condo, since I’m so independently wealthy. She seems to be enjoying it so far. Not surprised. This one comes with more wattage, a superior spectrum, better airflow, and a significant ppfd bump. Time for this skeletal but very pretty and healthy girl to strut whatever she’s got. My first ever auto untouched start to finish. Guess you can see why, lol. Wtf would I do?

IMG_6009.jpeg

Strawberry Banana

Whoo hoo, look at her go! She’s dancing! The plant looks so alive and happy at this moment I tried to capture it for you guys. Got close. This plant gives me wood. I mean she looks ecstatic. Tripping maybe. Not sure what she does when I’m not here.

IMG_6010.jpeg

Strawberry Banana

Whoo hoo, look at her go! She’s dancing! The plant looks so alive and happy at this moment I tried to capture it for you guys. Got close. This plant gives me wood. I mean she looks ecstatic. Tripping maybe. Not sure what she does when I’m not here.

IMG_6010.jpeg
Actually if you guys look at the last two photos I posted of the two data plants, now under two different lights, you can clearly see there’s a visible difference in spectrum between the two lights. Big one. Unless I’m mistaken, the plant sees what the camera sees. I look in my big tent I see silver. The fist picture looks like my tent is purple. It’s quite bright silver in there to our eyes. You don’t see this. You see what appears as natural as the 420 h closet. But definitely less bright white in the big tent (to the eye). And the 420h is a fabulous light, but also well known to show the plants as a bit washed out looking when often they are not. This SB is darker green than she looks in the photo, for example. Again if memory serves, I can look back in this journal and find somewhere NickHardy arguing, approximately, that all spectrums are about the same therefore irrelevant and the variations are completely unimportant. I couldn’t disagree more. (I said so without specifying then and he knows, lol). I know for a fact that the identical plant at the identical par but under each of these two lights will produce different results. I use the one that gives me more if everything as my main light. I have proven it many times. Both work great and produce different results. Density will always be higher as well as frost production in the big tent. Always. Compared to any other current light I own. Guess who comes in second? The @ViparSpectra XS 1500 Pro!! And that’s a $119 static light performing almost to the same level as a top of the line $900 LED bar light. Not the point here, but way worthy of mentioning - that means the VS XS 1500 Pro is my best light in terms of overall value. Of seven different lights of varying wattage and such. Whoa. Bravo ViparSpectra.

Anyway, that was just two cents and a few observations fwiw.

I believe that most phone cameras are doing their best to white balance at all costs, regardless of spectrum. I'm not sure why that would relate to how plants see light.
Me neither, like I said unless I’m mistaken and I well could be. I was trying to account for difference between what our eyes see compared to what an unretouched photo often shows. But good point, cuz now that you say that, I could take the same picture with ten different cell phone cameras and probably all ten photos would look a little different. And also right, it was a bit superfluous to my point. Doesn’t matter, just saying the spectrum difference matters imo, cameras aside. The plants respond differently to every single one. It’s just mostly it’s maybe not enough of a different for us to see the results. But with seven over time I can rank these by frost production and such. It matters. Imo. Maybe that’s clearer.

Strawberry Banana

IMG_6010.jpeg
I’ve got wood 🪵. lol 😂 CL🍀

Trizkit

Back in the world of CGI we see the latest computer generated plant image I’ve made. Obviously I couldn’t grow this. :rofl:

Yeah yeah the leaves. But the buds!! The volume! The chunky! She’ll be fine. Barely feeding her. Micro, Bloom, Kelp, a touch of Astro, and a bit of Nature’s Candy. 7,7,7,5,5 ml/gallon. Calmag every other at this point, my own only, not Remo, at 7.

What do you think about maybe yield @CaptainLucky, now that you can see where she is and what she’s doing? Chick is no fucking joke.

IMG_6018.jpeg

IMG_6014.jpeg

IMG_6017.jpeg

IMG_6015.jpeg

IMG_6019.jpeg

Strawberry Banana is close to being in shape. She ain’t gonna make me a perfect canopy, beginning to see pistils now. So a change of gears and we are done. All I’ll do now is spread and even the 8 cola ring and the let the four shoots at the top go full vertical and become four towers. I released those four top ones from their bonds. Quad Sombrero finish. One plant under the 420h at 100% and yeah, even the lower ring will be plenty dense. Quad Sombrero is such a cool look. It’ll be fun to watch.

IMG_6021.jpeg

IMG_6022.jpeg

Note that only the oldest bottom fans are less than green. The others look great now. Sjes rocking.

Actually if you guys look at the last two photos I posted of the two data plants, now under two different lights, you can clearly see there’s a visible difference in spectrum between the two lights. Big one. Unless I’m mistaken, the plant sees what the camera sees. I look in my big tent I see silver. The fist picture looks like my tent is purple. It’s quite bright silver in there to our eyes. You don’t see this. You see what appears as natural as the 420 h closet. But definitely less bright white in the big tent (to the eye). And the 420h is a fabulous light, but also well known to show the plants as a bit washed out looking when often they are not. This SB is darker green than she looks in the photo, for example. Again if memory serves, I can look back in this journal and find somewhere NickHardy arguing, approximately, that all spectrums are about the same therefore irrelevant and the variations are completely unimportant. I couldn’t disagree more. (I said so without specifying then and he knows, lol). I know for a fact that the identical plant at the identical par but under each of these two lights will produce different results. I use the one that gives me more if everything as my main light. I have proven it many times. Both work great and produce different results. Density will always be higher as well as frost production in the big tent. Always. Compared to any other current light I own. Guess who comes in second? The @ViparSpectra XS 1500 Pro!! And that’s a $119 static light performing almost to the same level as a top of the line $900 LED bar light. Not the point here, but way worthy of mentioning - that means the VS XS 1500 Pro is my best light in terms of overall value. Of seven different lights of varying wattage and such. Whoa. Bravo ViparSpectra.

Anyway, that was just two cents and a few observations fwiw.
I personally was blown away by how much of a light the @ViparSpectra XS-1500 Pro is for such little money 💰. CL🍀

Trizkit

Back in the world of CGI we see the latest computer generated plant image I’ve made. Obviously I couldn’t grow this. :rofl:

Yeah yeah the leaves. But the buds!! The volume! The chunky! She’ll be fine. Barely feeding her. Micro, Bloom, Kelp, a touch of Astro, and a bit of Nature’s Candy. 7,7,7,5,5 ml/gallon. Calmag every other at this point, my own only, not Remo, at 7.

What do you think about maybe yield @CaptainLucky, now that you can see where she is and what she’s doing? Chick is no fucking joke.

IMG_6018.jpeg

IMG_6014.jpeg

IMG_6017.jpeg

IMG_6015.jpeg

IMG_6019.jpeg
Definitely over a lbs but you never really know until it’s harvested. She’s gonna be a big one for sure. CL🍀

Here's your future, little one! haha
Lol! Not sure this tiny spindle of a plant that’s flowering now quite has the chops to catch up to one of the largest auto strains you can grow, lol. Ain’t just me, ask @KeithLemon - the Apple Fritter is a big big strain, auto or photo. Although this one did go and is going nuts even for the AF. I ain’t doing the five gallon bucket thing anymore. The plants get too goddamn big.

Back
Top Bottom