Best DIY lighting

Nunyabiz

Far as I can tell this LED is the best light out there for the cost.

This one in the video is 4 x 4 and 650w
Mine is the same but I split it up into two lights that are 24" x 26" and 325w each to fit my space.

This is an instructional video on how to build the 48" x 48" light.
Super easy.

Should be somewhere around $800 for 16 strips in what ever configuration you need.

Thanks! I'm trying to figure out the best way to configure things for a 3x3 tent, the strips are about 22" long and I'm worried I'll have darker spots in the corners... hmmm
I run Samsung strips in both my tents, the 22" strips would give you a great coverage in a 3x3' they will light right into the corners no problem.

Thank you so much! I was waiting for someone to confirm they would be enough for the corners of the 3x3, I really appreciate it! :thumb:
In my 2x4 tent I have about 6" either end where the strips don't run to but still get really good light right into the ends, go for it, DIY light rule :thumb:

Far as I can tell this LED is the best light out there for the cost.

This one in the video is 4 x 4 and 650w
Mine is the same but I split it up into two lights that are 24" x 26" and 325w each to fit my space.

This is an instructional video on how to build the 48" x 48" light.
Super easy.

Should be somewhere around $800 for 16 strips in what ever configuration you need.

Good morning @Nunyabiz Hope you are having a good day my friend.
I'm talking to a member at the moment who is having some difficulty with a light he is assembling at the moment.
Just wondering if you are able to give him a hand?
My experience in electrical is more household widening.
@HPS Only perhaps we can get a discussion going and see if we can rectify your issue.
Who else is good with electronics anymore have a some experience?

Stay safe
Bill

I'm talking to a member at the moment who is having some difficulty with a light he is assembling at the moment.
@HPS Only perhaps we can get a discussion going and see if we can rectify your issue.

Stay safe
Bill
The issue I encounter last night :
Purchase new HID sys
Lumatek 400w electronic dimmable ballast
Elektrox 400w HPS Super Bloom

Wire them as I use to wire in the past, also how I wire another HID sys I run (a600w).
10m distance between bulb and ballast (different room) with 15m total of cable from reflector to ballast.

Made all wiring on colours, firmly screw the bulb into reflector socket (not with bare hand, so I dont leave grease and fingerprints), set the ballast on 400w and plug it in.
After 10s of nothing, the bulb started to try and ignite, flickering and not getting stable for about 5s, panic so unpluged.
Made wiring again, screw bulb back in, plugin again to ignite, same result, flickering with a blue colour for 10s or more and than complete darkness. I unpluged all, waited few minutes and unscrew the bulb.
This time, the ARC inside was black on both sider, looking fry, like 1 year on and off.

Talk today on the grow shop, they offer to replace the bulb, but I was curious why this hapen?

Stay safe
Bill

The issue I encounter last night :
Purchase new HID sys
Lumatek 400w electronic dimmable ballast
Elektrox 400w HPS Super Bloom

Wire them as I use to wire in the past, also how I wire another HID sys I run (a600w).
10m distance between bulb and ballast (different room) with 15m total of cable from reflector to ballast.

Made all wiring on colours, firmly screw the bulb into reflector socket (not with bare hand, so I dont leave grease and fingerprints), set the ballast on 400w and plug it in.
After 10s of nothing, the bulb started to try and ignite, flickering and not getting stable for about 5s, panic so unpluged.
Made wiring again, screw bulb back in, plugin again to ignite, same result, flickering with a blue colour for 10s or more and than complete darkness. I unpluged all, waited few minutes and unscrew the bulb.
This time, the ARC inside was black on both sider, looking fry, like 1 year on and off.

Talk today on the grow shop, they offer to replace the bulb, but I was curious why this hapen?

you guys are talking dinosaur lights. nunya lives in this century.

this is what I can afford and what I got for the moment pal, when I started reading journals 12-13 years ago and when I first started my grow, LEDs where on the begining.
Today I do wish to upgrade to LEDs, but I just can't afford yet. You think I dont want some new LEDs bar? hahah

Stay safe!

He has what he has my friend @bluter .
We all do the best we can with what we have available.
If memory serves me correctly the selection in his area of the world isn't what we have.
And we are just trying to help so he doesn't burn his house down.
:Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill

this is what I can afford and what I got for the moment pal, when I started reading journals 12-13 years ago and when I first started my grow, LEDs where on the begining.
Today I do wish to upgrade to LEDs, but I just can't afford yet. You think I dont want some new LEDs bar? hahah

bill mighta been confused by the digital ballast.

to actually try help though ..

if it's a 400 to 600 you might have to run it on a dedicated 15a circuit. depending on how old / weak the wiring is it would have issues at fire as you describe, if other stuff was going on.

when i ran hid we built distro boards, and ran 50a to the distros which had their own breakers and outlets to the gear and lights. that's the best way to keep it clean and run multiple rooms.

the overall investment running hid becomes more expensive than led. the initial cost of led is the hurdle. after that it's all gain.

If memory serves me correctly the selection in his area of the world isn't what we have.
And we are just trying to help so he doesn't burn his house down.

just pointing out you went to entirely the wrong source.

if he doesn't want to burn i'd suggest the distro board. i played with mountains of electricity doing show production.

his electrical source is what is sketchy. not the gear.

just pointing out you went to entirely the wrong source.

if he doesn't want to burn i'd suggest the distro board. i played with mountains of electricity doing show production.

his electrical source is what is sketchy. not the gear.
Wrong source?
I'm just trying to get a discussion going to get some assistance.
Not a 100% sure what I did wrong.

Stay safe
Bill

so, the house wiring is splitted into 2 parts, the nord part of the house and the south part, so you can get a point, and each side has 2 parallel rooms...

I run allready a 600w HPS connected to a 600w digital ballast setted on 600w.
This ballast is connected into north side of the house, and the tent is south so the wire and distance is 10m

The second room is in the north side of the house with the socket in south side, parallel with the tent, not in same room.
Second setup is a 400w ballast with a 400w HPS.

looks like this for a point...
View media item 1864134
I opt in for 250w hps replacement for second room

the overall investment running hid becomes more expensive than led. the initial cost of led is the hurdle. after that it's all gain.

I know, but the begining is the hard part.
I will upgrade for my next grow into LEDs for sure (at lest for the tent if not for both rooms)
:Namaste:

Wrong source?
I'm just trying to get a discussion going to get some assistance.
Not a 100% sure what I did wrong.

Stay safe
Bill

nunya builds led exclusive. that's what this thread was about originally. he doesn't know how to wire for hps etc.

so, the house wiring is splitted into 2 parts, the nord part of the house and the south part, so you can get a point, and each side has 2 parallel rooms...

I run allready a 600w HPS connected to a 600w digital ballast setted on 600w.
This ballast is connected into north side of the house, and the tent is south so the wire and distance is 10m

The second room is in the north side of the house with the socket in south side, parallel with the tent, not in same room.
Second setup is a 400w ballast with a 400w HPS.

looks like this for a point...
View media item 1864134
I opt in for 250w hps replacement for second room

you'll need to run each room on it's own dedicated circuit. nothing else on the house can safely run on those two circuits.

you will likely have to add a couple breakers to your breaker box and run wire from there direct.

edit : you may need an electrician if not familiar.

nunya builds led exclusive. that's what this thread was about originally. he doesn't know how to wire for hps etc.

you'll need to run each room on it's own dedicated circuit. nothing else on the house can safely run on those two circuits.

you will likely have to add a couple breakers to your breaker box and run wire from there direct.

edit : you may need an electrician if not familiar.
Thank you my friend I appreciate that.

Stay safe
Bill

Thank you my friend I appreciate that.
I don't think he needs any help with his hps.
That's just the name he uses.
His hps light seems to work fine.
It's the technical aspect of trying to assemble a led for the first time we need assistancewith.
As Nunyabiz was recommended to me as a source of knowledge on the subject,
I looked up a thread he posted on led's and thought that would be a good starting point for a conversation.
Still don't understand what I did wrong.

Stay safe
Bill

no, he's actually talking about hps bill. he doesn't have any led at all..his bulbs are cooking.

Back
Top Bottom