Best DIY lighting

Thank you my friend I appreciate that.
I don't think he needs any help with his hps.
That's just the name he uses.
His hps light seems to work fine.
It's the technical aspect of trying to assemble a led for the first time we need assistancewith.
As Nunyabiz was recommended to me as a source of knowledge on the subject,
I looked up a thread he posted on led's and thought that would be a good starting point for a conversation.
Still don't understand what I did wrong.

Stay safe
Bill
I do need help with HPS this time, I'm having issues on lightning second bulb in second room.
The second sys dont stabilise the bulb, even worse, both times I try to ignite, got flicker and second time a blue flickering colour and that's it, complete darkness.

no, he's actually talking about hps bill. he doesn't have any led at all..his bulbs are cooking.
yes, dont have any LEDs at all, just yet!

and I think thats the correct term, my bulb cooked after second attempt.
Looks like this, a new bulb, 2 times try to ignite, never stabilised
View media item 1864140
View media item 1864141
on current grow I have same bulb, just it's 600w and it's not that burned and black on ARC tube, even after 1800+ hours of work. The ballast I use on the 600w it's a PureFactory Lazerlite.

I am not electrician but I get things fast.

So what you are tryin to tell me in here @bluter is that even tomorrow with the new bulb to match both lumatek ballast and lumatek bulb, and even smaller cuz it will be a 250w, it will still cook my bulb and if not, and it will light the bulb and work, it will not be safe for my house wires cuz it's too much tension on the circuit so I have to install a breaker to split tension?

Thank you for your help so far, it really helps:Namaste:

And sorry for offtoping so hard onna LEDs topic with my HIDs...

Is there a specific reason you need the ballast on one side of the house and the bulb on the other? Also are both systems running on the same electrical circuit?

sound like the whole house is on two circuits. lots of hps systems used to recommend running isolated to lessen heat issues and fire hazard. thank god those days are dead.

@HPS Only .. it sounds like the ballast pulls more than you can supply on the one room. that's likely because of other stuff on the circuit. you have to match the bulb to the ballast. you can't run under the min the ballast puts out.

starting at 600w of draw i run a room on it's own circuit. no matter if led or hps.

Is there a specific reason you need the ballast on one side of the house and the bulb on the other?
yes, since the first use of magnetic ballast it was better to have a distance so you dont have EMI(electro-magnetic radiation).
Even the digital ballast have this specification of wire at, at least 15m
View media item 1864142
Also are both systems running on the same electrical circuit?

I really don't know, I'm. no electrician.

On the graphic I made early it's splited in 2.

if a fuse jumps on north side or the house, the south side of the house has no problem with lights or sockets.
So I dont really know

@HPS Only .. it sounds like the ballast pulls more than you can supply on the one room. that's likely because of other stuff on the circuit.
As I say it early, I dont know if it's separate or not.
all I know is that if in north side or the house jumps a fuse, the south side will still run with no problems.
that's the reason I try to keep them on different sides
you have to match the bulb to the ballast. you can't run under the min the ballast puts out.
you get it wrong, let me try to explain.
I just bought this new ballast 400w and new bulb 400w.
last night... you know the storry, and today I've talk to the grow shop and they agree to change the bulb, only that I asked to recive a smaller one, 250W lumatek, not 400w anymore, not same 400w brand.
the ballast in case, it's also a lumatek, as I expect the tomorrow bulb, and the ballast it's dimmable. it has 4 sets - 250w, 250SL, 400W, 400WSL
Last night was set on 400w, and I am asking you if I'll e counter same issue or eneven worse and put myself in danger if I try to run again, but this time on 250w settings with 250w bulb
starting at 600w of draw i run a room on it's own circuit. no matter if led or hps.
on this current grow, the 600w one, as you can see in the graph I posted early, the ballast is in north side and the tent in south. so in that part of the house I have nothing plugged, but the 600w ballast(the north side).
On south part of the house I have 1 big. fan, 3 speed, 120w max and I keep it in first speed another 2 small fan clips on about 15w each, 2 extractors of about 15w each, and a small water pump 3 w for a experiment dwc. so in south part of the house and it's sockets I wanna mount this 250 w ballast (cuz 400w got cooked)

will be safe or not?

yes, since the first use of magnetic ballast it was better to have a distance so you dont have EMI(electro-magnetic radiation).
Even the digital ballast have this specification of wire at, at least 15m
View media item 1864142

I really don't know, I'm. no electrician.

On the graphic I made early it's splited in 2.

if a fuse jumps on north side or the house, the south side of the house has no problem with lights or sockets.
So I dont really know
That's a maximum of 15m wiring distance. Not sure what the minimum would be. Unfortunately I've never used these lights and I'm not sure on separation requirements.

will be safe or not?
Really hard/impossible to say without knowing details of your electrical layout. How many circuits, what those circuits are rated for etc. Most UK houses have a 32A ring main circuit for outlets but I'm not sure for your situation.

no, he's actually talking about hps bill. he doesn't have any led at all..his bulbs are cooking.
Oh Fer fek sake I'm so sorry.
I feel like an idiot now.
I guess I should learn to read. :Namaste:
I thought in his first message he was trying to build an led. :rolleyes:
Don't I feel stupid.
Sorry. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill

Really hard/impossible to say without knowing details of your electrical layout. How many circuits, what those circuits are rated for etc. Most UK houses have a 32A ring main circuit for outlets but I'm not sure for your situation.
I am on Eastern Europe, not UK... I'll try to find out when I'll be there

Oh Fer fek sake I'm so sorry.
I feel like an idiot now.
I guess I should learn to read. :Namaste:
I thought in his first message he was trying to build an led. :rolleyes:
Don't I feel stupid.
Sorry. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill
haha, we still love you Bill!

Stay safe!

nunya builds led exclusive. that's what this thread was about originally. he doesn't know how to wire for hps etc.

you'll need to run each room on it's own dedicated circuit. nothing else on the house can safely run on those two circuits.

you will likely have to add a couple breakers to your breaker box and run wire from there direct.

edit : you may need an electrician if not familiar.
Agreed /also do a load calc on your source ( Electrical Panel ). Best of luck!

As I say it early, I dont know if it's separate or not.
all I know is that if in north side or the house jumps a fuse, the south side will still run with no problems.
that's the reason I try to keep them on different sides

you get it wrong, let me try to explain.
I just bought this new ballast 400w and new bulb 400w.
last night... you know the storry, and today I've talk to the grow shop and they agree to change the bulb, only that I asked to recive a smaller one, 250W lumatek, not 400w anymore, not same 400w brand.
the ballast in case, it's also a lumatek, as I expect the tomorrow bulb, and the ballast it's dimmable. it has 4 sets - 250w, 250SL, 400W, 400WSL
Last night was set on 400w, and I am asking you if I'll e counter same issue or eneven worse and put myself in danger if I try to run again, but this time on 250w settings with 250w bulb

on this current grow, the 600w one, as you can see in the graph I posted early, the ballast is in north side and the tent in south. so in that part of the house I have nothing plugged, but the 600w ballast(the north side).
On south part of the house I have 1 big. fan, 3 speed, 120w max and I keep it in first speed another 2 small fan clips on about 15w each, 2 extractors of about 15w each, and a small water pump 3 w for a experiment dwc. so in south part of the house and it's sockets I wanna mount this 250 w ballast (cuz 400w got cooked)

will be safe or not?

at this point i'd say you are looking for a massive fire.

at the very least make sure your bulb is rated for the ballast. that would be a bulb that is able to handle the max output, but is also dimmable. you might have got the wrong bulb as well. i doubt it, but i'd start there. i very much think you don't have enough power for a second room.

you will need to do a load calculation for the total draw on each circuit throughout the entire house. not just the two grow rooms.

find your breaker box and find out how many breakers it has, what the amperage rating is for each breaker, what each breaker powers etc.. that will determine if you even have the head room to run another fixture.

safest thing to do is add a couple breakers, run wire to the rooms, and run each room off it's own dedicated circuit. you will have to know how to wire a house to do it correctly.

edit : by the time you have it set up it will have been easier and cheaper to go led.

I am on Eastern Europe, not UK... I'll try to find out when I'll be there

look into gavita. they are an excellent lighting source in europe. they sell both hid fixtures and led. they are moving more and more to led. they might be the easiest to access when you upgrade. mars is available in parts of europe, but im not sure if they go past western europe though

at this point i'd say you are looking for a massive fire.
Thank you, I wont open second room, yet.
at the very least make sure your bulb is rated for the ballast. that would be a bulb that is able to handle the max output, but is also dimmable. you might have got the wrong bulb as well. i doubt it, but i'd start there. i very much think you don't have enough power for a second room.
as I say early, maybe I dont express myself too good in english.
simplified version:
1 ballast 600w - 1 bulb 600w (i dont care about dimming or super lumens)
this are the specs for 600w
View media item 1864204

1ballast 400w - 1 bulb 400w
the bulb burn and I ask to send a 250w one.
so now is
1 ballast 250w - 1 bulb 250w
specs for 400w
View media item 1864205

and the dimmable options
View media item 1864206
So in total I'll have 850w from both lamps and 3.0Afrom the 600W and another max 2A from the 250w. And another 100W max for the fans

But I wont, I'll stay on 600W till I'll upgrade into good LEDs.

you will need to do a load calculation for the total draw on each circuit throughout the entire house. not just the two grow rooms.

find your breaker box and find out how many breakers it has, what the amperage rating is for each breaker, what each breaker powers etc.. that will determine if you even have the head room to run another fixture.

safest thing to do is add a couple breakers, run wire to the rooms, and run each room off it's own dedicated circuit. you will have to know how to wire a house to do it correctly.
Can't do it myself, I dont know electrical stuff too much and I dont trust no one to come and build such thing, on that place.

edit : by the time you have it set up it will have been easier and cheaper to go led.
stop stop stop, I know USA is different... lol
I know it's USA and the rest of us. and it's fact but... take in mind just a thing. Prices are not the same in this world.
Is same for LEDs
Lemme show you specific, cuz I feel like you say "ah you poor shet you should buy LEDs, instead of this prehistoric lights." I know!
ok, check this out, @ViparSpectra also check this discrepancie
price in USA for Viparspectra XS2000
$229.99
View media item 1864207
and in Europe same product XS2000
€329.99. you can find XS1500 at €229.99,but € not $$$ this mean.. xs1500 at $250.
View media item 1864208
Yep @ViparSpectra very fair play.
Not to mention that in europe you dont have XS4000, and you dont have the KS series, and if they come, bet I'll have a headache when I see the price, hahah

Also, story is exactly the same for the rest of the brands
I wont spam even more, it's just that you are wrong...
So if I wanna go for a XS2000 in europe I pay €330.
So converted from my currencty into euros I pay €362 for:
*600w electronic ballast
*600w hps lamp
*4x4 or 120x120x200cm tent
* adjust a wings medium reflector
*ph up + ph down
* advanced nuts Piranha and Voodoo juice

all this in same price with the vipar lights....
yeah, sounds like the same...
Not to mention we have 2 online grow shops in whole country, and they either have sheety lights, or double on prices.

So no, you cant buy at same price for sure, or at least not on this part of this FLAT globe...

Stay safe! :Namaste:

look into gavita. they are an excellent lighting source in europe. they sell both hid fixtures and led. they are moving more and more to led. they might be the easiest to access when you upgrade. mars is available in parts of europe, but im not sure if they go past western europe though
I aint looking into any HIDs anymore, I just have 9 females from bagseed and wanted to finish them under 400w or 250W, but in the meantime this discussion ocured so I wont light second room, even with the 250w.

ok, check this out, @ViparSpectra also check this discrepancie
price in USA for Viparspectra XS2000
$229.99
View media item 1864207
and in Europe same product XS2000
€329.99. you can find XS1500 at €229.99,but € not $$$ this mean.. xs1500 at $250.
View media item 1864208
Yep @ViparSpectra very fair play.

Hah, now I saw, when I was browsing more lights...

Your US Viparspectra is also the upgraded one, 240W, more diodes, Europe has that 220W, plus 130 bucks extra.
Fair play:thumb:

@bluter sorry mate, don't take it personal, but I'm pissed off with this prices and the european market and the fact that I cant afford, and another stressing fact is that you are not the only one who's sayin I'm using prehistoric lights, instead of leds... but they are simply not affordable... in this side of the globe....

Sorry if I took it personal also.... didint mean to:Namaste:

Also I wanna thank @Bill284 for re-opening this thread for me and thank you @bluter for all the advice and info, again, please dont take it personal, it's just me being foked up.... really sorry mate!

I will swap into LEDs asap as I'm not confortable anymore with HIDs. Even if I dont have too much options.... still searching and diggin the market...

Stay safe all! :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom