Love It or Leave It?

• Love It

Votes: 55 51.4%
  • Leave It

Votes: 21 19.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 31 29.0%

• Total voters
LOL, I followed you when we first changed over, noticed today that I wasn't following you anymore.
Don't know what happened but I re-followed and hope you don't mind.

I have a hard enough time keeping up with my sub'd threads that I don't care to see every post. I do like to know when certain members start a new thread.

There are also members in other threads than the normal ones I read ,that have proven themselves knowledgeable and followed them hoping to see if they start new threads.

I can see their avatars when they are online and I can go through a couple links and see every post they have made which I won't bother to do.

While it may show some minor benefit, it is mostly a useless tool for my intended purposes.

I guess I just question the way the following works. I can’t see who is following me apart from the notification I get when they first do so. So unless I keep a list of those notices somewhere - I don’t really know.

ON other sites and social networks, when individuals follow or ‘friend’ each other it is through an exchange process. The old 420 friends system was like that too. I guess i find it uncomfortable that this exchange aspect has disappeared and now “Following” has really got nothing to do with the contacts or connections we make with each other. SO it’s not a real substitute for the “Friend” system - rather a way to follow people regardles of whether you’ve had any contact with them or not.

Click on your username at top, then Preferences > Privacy > Allow users toReceive your news feed:

Drop Down Menu: Members only, People you follow or Nobody

This to me is pretty clear, however I could be wrong though, there are tens of thousands of settings back here.

Second opinion please? :thanks:

Oh no! Pease don’t do that! See we have made connections already... I mostly wish that follow had resulted in us following each other... Now I’ll be sorry I said anything... :oops:

Ok, you talked me into be creepy...... :laugh:

I unfollowed you. I don't want to be a creeper...... :cool:

Also, I don't know if this is the right place, but could we update the photo upload tutorial to include something about making things private.

I've had three people make their pictures or albums private, and I have no idea how to talk them through how to change them to public. Need to add into the tutorial to not make their photos or albums private if they want anyone to see them, even if they post them in messages. It may be there, but people are not heeding the warning.

Just one more thing to do......sorry.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention, are they still private?

We do not want that being a feature, as it could encourage people to engage in illegal activities through our website, implicating us in the transaction and putting us all at risk.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, are they still private?

We do not want that being a feature, as it could encourage people to engage in illegal activities through our website, implicating us in the transaction and putting us all at risk.
No, most of them did it accidentally, and have fixed them. And I meant threads, not really messages. Sorry.

I re-followed and hope you don't mind.

i don’t mind... (i do wish I hadn’t opened this rabbit hole this morning tho...)

Click on your username at top, then Preferences > Privacy > Allow users toReceive your news feed:

Drop Down Menu: Members only, People you follow or Nobody

This to me is pretty clear, however I could be wrong. Second opinion please? :thanks:

Yep - i get that. But I don’t care who can see my news feed - among members. I don’t need to restrict that to people I follow (my follow list is so small at present it would be a bit silly to do so!)

We may be talking at crossed purposes. WHat you’re referrring there doesn’t have anything to do with who’s following you... I was mostly just saying that the ‘Follow’ function doesn’t seem to be about camraderie - just following... It’s fine yeah... Just a paradigm I’m adjusting to.

No, most of them did it accidentally, and have fixed them. And I meant threads, not really messages. Sorry.
I'm confused, you've talked about 4 different things; threads, messages, photos and albums.

Can you please be more specific? :)

Re mail notifications

I went to a thread I have visited before

Turned on watch + email notification

I've received an email with every new post.

I have not visited the thread at all since I set the email option.

It all works pefectly

The Cannabis Goddess has Blessed you! :rofl:

When you guys talk about options, bugs, issues, suggestions, etc. please always say mobile, desktop, ipad, mac, etc.

Otherwise we have to come back around and ask all that info, when we finally get to your issue. :thanks:

Eventually, we're going to need to divide this thread up into different bug reports and work like that.

I keep talking about gallery and everyone else keeps talking about email notifications.

There were lots of response yesterday about the gallery, and the questions you asked. Hope you didn’t miss em!

Sorry if we’re confusing the situation for you. Just reporting back that the other issues persist. Will keep it in the back burner until you’re done wrangling the gallery.
:Namaste:

We're getting to them, slowly but surely. It just doesn't help to have to sift through dozens of email notification posts, when they are all saying the same thing over and over again and I keep saying we haven't even started that rabbit hole yet. So if things are changing daily, that has nothing to do with what we are doing, it's just the issue doing it's thing.

I have an issue this morning, kinda new.

OK: Chrome on iPad.

I did a big harvest update post. It posted fine.
I selected ‘Edit’ and got the “Aw snap! Reload” error page (I’ll include the screenshot in a minute).
When I reloaded the page it returned me to my journal post but had logged me out.
I logged in again and tried to edit the post again.
Same thing happened.
I went to Chrome settings>privacy>cleared browsing cache
Restarted Chrome
Same problem occured
Went to other threads and edited posts there - no problem.
Posted a new post in my journal - edited it no problem.
Tried to edit the harvest update post again - same problem. Error page - reload - had been logged out.

I went through it about 6 times I think - didn’t matter if I cleared cache, restarted browser. I can edit other posts. Just that one is throwing me out.

The error page os this one

View media item 1511511
And the particular post was this one

I’m about to try editing it from my phone...

...and I just edited this post no problem

We had to shut the server down for a few updates, sorry about that. We're working around the clock to resolve all this stuff, so many levels of these rabbit holes. :thanks:

Thanks ROb - I suppose that might have contributed to that problem I listed above.

Strange thing is - I can edit that post on my phone and my desktop PC, no problem. I can edit any other post on my iPad, no problem. Every time I try to edit that post (and only that one) on my iPad, like I tried to again just now out of curiosity, it presents that error (Aw Snap) and logs me out of the site... go figure. Software can be randomly mysterious sometimes.

One day the rabbit holes will stop, hopefully, or get shallower!

:Namaste:

Two new tutorials in Member Resources. Please spread the links if you come across fellow members looking for help with the new, powerful search function or new members looking for help with posting.

How To Use The Search Function

How To Make A Post

With thanks to Ian Bastage, with support from Amy, for these clear and well-written tutorials. :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom