Love It or Leave It?

• Love It

Votes: 55 51.4%
  • Leave It

Votes: 21 19.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 31 29.0%

• Total voters
Ok guys and gals, the moment we've all been waiting for. Please let us know what you love, what you hate, what works and what doesn't. One of our 3 developers went MIA, so I might be alone here for a while replying to you guys, so please be courteous and patient. Please keep in mind that we are not anywhere close to being done tweaking, we just couldn't stand making you wait any longer. Before you create a revolution against us and/or jump ship, remember some things not working now might be working within a day or two.

We ask that you please leave all social chit chat and joking around out of this thread, so we can stay focused on getting things done for you guys. Thank you.

Let's begin the process, what's going on guys?
What's going on is a state of confusion. I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect 420 mag. has changed forever. And I believe it will cost us many members !! This was a class operation, 10 yrs. ago, what happened ? I mean, what was wrong with the old site, and why did we not get warning of the changes ? I'm on the fence on this change !!

About the time I got proficient writing config.sys and autoexec.bat files, PC-DOS 2.0 came out and irritated the crap outta me, with its glacial startup process. Word kept being "improved" and even the blazingly fast WordPerfect began to be "updated". I still wish I could use it. It was fabulous just the way it was.

So now everything, I mean everything, is "better". Uh huh.

The old platform didn't have internal mobile capability, so it needed an app. For a couple years, they've been working on that. Everyone learned one app, and then a different app, and then that one stopped supporting 420Mag, specifically the security measures. So ...

Yay! We have a new whiz-bang platform with a lot of new features, along with integrated mobile capability. But yeah, it's different, and yeah, it's not totally implemented yet. Ima have to learn new stuff once again, and work around any missing stuff.

Such is life, especially when you live a lot of it.

But I don't come here because of the platform. I come here because of the other people who come here, and they're all still coming here, grumbling and slowly adjusting to a "better", "updated" interface. Yay.

(I still miss WordPerfect).

:Namaste:

About the time I got proficient writing config.sys and autoexec.bat files, PC-DOS 2.0 came out and irritated the crap outta me, with its glacial startup process. Word kept being "improved" and even the blazingly fast WordPerfect began to be "updated". I still wish I could use it. It was fabulous just the way it was.

So now everything, I mean everything, is "better". Uh huh.

The old platform didn't have internal mobile capability, so it needed an app. For a couple years, they've been working on that. Everyone learned one app, and then a different app, and then that one stopped supporting 420Mag, specifically the security measures. So ...

Yay! We have a new whiz-bang platform with a lot of new features, along with integrated mobile capability. But yeah, it's different, and yeah, it's not totally implemented yet. Ima have to learn new stuff once again, and work around any missing stuff.

Such is life, especially when you live a lot of it.

But I don't come here because of the platform. I come here because of the other people who come here, and they're all still coming here, grumbling and slowly adjusting to a "better", "updated" interface. Yay.

its all Good, I don't mind the Issues. I know they are trying there best to fix a mess that was
dropped in there lap and I am confident they will get it all worked out eventually.

Like the old saying

"You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”

I am generally not a fan of change...that said, if nothing ever changes, than we can't move forward. I love the folks here. I will d what I need to in order to stay connected to my 420 family!:hug::hug::hug: We are in it to win it! I love the search feature! When I forget where something is...which is often :rofl: I can now find what I lost! If anyone needs help, I will be glad to assist. I am like a dog with a bone until I can find a solution! :battingeyelashes:

I for one still miss the app! Yeah I know it's gone but it's 2018. Everything runs on apps. There's a app for almost everything technical nowdays. Ok I'm done with my rant and yes I still love the site. I appreciate the forum still exists. Time for a bong hit :p
I still miss the app too, but not the security risks and thievery.
Information For All 420 Users

What's going on is a state of confusion. I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect 420 mag. has changed forever. And I believe it will cost us many members !! This was a class operation, 10 yrs. ago, what happened ? I mean, what was wrong with the old site, and why did we not get warning of the changes ? I'm on the fence on this change !!
How can we continue to be a class operation, using software that is ten years outdated and full of bugs?

Did you not read this yet how 420 was forcing our member uploads to their server, without permission and without stripping the GPS data, leaving our members at risk? Information For All 420 Users This is the main reason we had to move forward ASAP. We did give notice in the 420 Magazine News & Updates for months of this process, however those of you with blinders on in the grow room, often don't see these updates.

I know change is hard for some of us, however the ability to cope with change, or respond well to change, is extremely important in our industry. Situations and circumstances can change extremely quickly, and if we cannot adapt to changes quickly, we are likely to be left behind.

Yes we have lost some members, mostly because they don't understand yet that the app no longer works and they can access the site via any browser. Many will be back eventually and more new members will continue to come. Meanwhile, we'll still be here working hard for you guys and gals regardless, moving forward with our same mission of creating cannabis awareness to the world, as we have for the last 25 years.

Now I highly doubt that we spent $20,000 and 420,000 hours between a dozen of us on this new website over the last 5 months, to run a shoddy operation. Give us some time to dial things in, ask questions from your friends on how to find new features and use our Member Resources. @Ian Bastage & @Amy Gardner have been working hard on your new tutorials, they have a few more being released any day now.

Remember each time you got a new cell phone, you thought it was the end of the world, you'd never learn the new process. One week later, that was a faded memory and you never looked back. In a time like this, it might help to remember that logic. :goodluck:

Thank you for sticking around and continuing to support our misison :Namaste:

...Remember each time you got a new cell phone, you thought it was the end of the world, you'd never learn the new process. One week later, that was a faded memory and you never looked back. In a time like this, it might help to remember that logic...

Nice analogy :adore: :nomo:

Whenever I open my journals I am taken to the first pageand there's not a 'go to first unseen' option. I tested this by reading through one of my journals then navigating out and back in and am still taken to the first page. I am accessing the site on my phone and will try on my laptop later. Is there something I'm missing? I've checked settings and don't see anything there. This is only a minor annoyance and it certainly won't chase me off but if there's a way I can open to the last page I sure would like to know. It only seems to happen with my own journals.
It would be super convenient to have page navigation buttons at the top of the page, but again not a deal breaker.

Whenever I open my journals I am taken to the first pageand there's not a 'go to first unseen' option. I tested this by reading through one of my journals then navigating out and back in and am still taken to the first page. I am accessing the site on my phone and will try on my laptop later. Is there something I'm missing? I've checked settings and don't see anything there. This is only a minor annoyance and it certainly won't chase me off but if there's a way I can open to the last page I sure would like to know. It only seems to happen with my own journals.
It would be super convenient to have page navigation buttons at the top of the page, but again not a deal breaker.
Clicking on the post title will only take you to the first unread post in the thread or the very first post if all posts have been marked as read. Clicking on the date below the title will take you to the last post regardless if you’ve read the others.

Exactly Like @DrDoob Said

If a Thread is Highlighted, It will take you to your LAST read post in that Thread

Once you have visited that Thread, and No New posts exist, just click the Time, in this Pic its the 3 minutes ago, It will take you to the last post in the Thread

Easy Peasy

Top 3 things I liked about the other site, I knew where most stuff was.

Top 3 things I don't like about the new 420 site, everything is different.

Sorry I can't itemize for you, but looking at the voting results and less than 50% of the votes being "Love It," and the rest being "ehh," well, you guys can figure it out.

Simple stat, I was on this site everyday before the change. Now maybe twice a week. Good luck.

Search feature doesn't work, but I presume that will be ironed out in the future.

Appreciate the 420 community overall. :thanks:
Hi Blew - it seems to be working for me. What is happening when you use it (or not happening). Whether the ‘search titles only’ button is checked or not can make a big difference -( I discovered by accident!).

Like mouser, I, too, have trouble reading the gray font. It needs to be black. I can't find anything in my accessibility settings to turn gray font black on a website I visit.

I'm sure they'll be more apparent once all the fires are out and the site is working smoothly again. The biggest one for me is rolled up quotes, where I don't have to scroll past many images in the replies.

Thanks for bringing this up. I never gave it a thought, as most probably didn't.

@AKgramma and @Old Salt - I use Google Chrome and it has an extension called "High Contrast" where you can apply it to change or invert the color scheme to make webpages easier to read. I highly recommend it, not just for 420 but for lots and lots of different websites.

I also tend to choose a larger font size when I post messages here on 420 because my eyesight isn't great either.

:circle-of-love:

@Graytail - I still miss WordPerfect, too. Word is nowhere near as good a program. Although, that said, I much prefer Excel over Lotus. Lotus was awful. :)

Back
Top Bottom