Copperrein's Summer 2021 Outdoor Soil Grow

:drool:So I have it from My friend @Bode that if we wash our buds per the Bud Washing procedure, rot won't be able to continue.

Your garden continues to Wow me Copper!
I wash my outdoor plants always. I use room temp or a little warmer water and 1/5 3% h2o2. I guess it works for botrytis since I've never had moldy weed but I do remove any signs before ever plunging the buds in the bucket so who really knows.

Thank you everyone! I'm feeling pretty on top of the ladies right now. Sure I just jinxed myself :D

I finished trimming White Widow. I saved maybe 3/4 of the plant as jar bud. The rest will get stripped, broken down, and thrown in our new hash machine.

She's really good. Not like what I've read. She tastes like a cucumber grape white girl drink so I have named her White Girl Widow. If I smoke too much I start to feel panicky so for me she's a joint-only plant. Good for waking up and doing things but not a calming effect like Dream Queen. Much more mentally engaged bordering on too vigilant. Also I think smoking her near bedtime is causing strange dreams I don't remember, but that wake John up with me talking, yelling, and flailing in my sleep. Kinda fun, but not a daily smoker.

Hulkberry is grosser today. She's about 50' from the shop porch and her skunky-ass has begun to waft into the living area. I'm embarrassed to admit it made me full-on vomit this morning. Something about the combination of that smell with coffee in my mouth trigged an immediate gag reflex. I fought it but eventually lost.

I found a scant amount of seeds when trimming WW. Some were even brown. This is making me rethink a greenhouse. I suspect ignorant neighbors are just growing regs with no thought to other people's plants.

Oh, bagged weight on WW was 9.6oz. I'll guess there's another 4 or so in larf and trim.

The gagging thing - I've had that occasionally, so now I always use gloves and a mask, as the gag is almost instant and resistance is futile, my stomach just starts churning
Some say the resin is to deter animals eating the bud as it is a poison; some say it is to encourage animals to eat the seeds and distribute - I'd say it's the former
Cool harvest

Room temp H2O2 is the first bucket - sterilize it before you wash it, no?
I just give mine a scrub with dish soap.

Glad I'm not the only harvest puker. It was weird how little control I had over it. I'm usually good at overcoming my gag reflex (giggity).

I chopped hulkberry this morning. Let me set the picture:

Me, just after my morning piss still in my nightshirt. The shirt is red, has a few holes in it, and features a stupid cartoon of a horse with a cup of coffee, saying 'I'm unstable in the morning'. It's red. On my feet are my well-worn rainbow tie dye Crocs. I am carrying scissors and a saw. It's 43f and dewey.

As I move like a sleek cat under anesthesia, my eyes fall upon the target: Hulkberry. She is wide...a sea of fat odiferous colas. Dozens of branches have been tied securely to her container with green nursery tape. Above that, a SCroG net held down by stakes, bricks, and more nursery tape.

I was thoughtful and had brought a small LED camp lantern. I began cutting away all of the support holding the girl in place. Once I was fairly certain I had freed her of her bondage, I picked up my saw and, balancing the plant and lantern so I could see, started cutting. It's a double-sided Japanese woodworking saw. Both sides are razor sharp. I had to really push up against the lower branches to keep my saw from binding. That should have been noted in my sleep-addled brain. It was not.

Hooking a shoulder under a bottom branch I finally got my saw through. For a brief moment the plant was perfectly balanced and weightless. A tiny flush of pride filled my chest having just harvested my first fully ripe plant of the outdoor season. Go me! That feeling was replaced by terror as I felt the whole mass of hard-earned buds tipping East. 'She'll fall into chicken poop!' my slow brain screamed. In an effort to meet her new center of gravity I attempted to quickly shift my own awkward weight. My old Crocs, while comfortable, have zero tread and maybe 1/4" of battered sole left. On the wet weeds they allowed zero purchase and I suddenly was aware of my feet skating down the little hummock of earth I was on. Being shaped like a turkey (all breast and thighs), my upper half trebucheted in slow motion down the other side of the hummock, hulkberry falling on top of me.

I saved HER from the chicken shit. Me? Let's just say between her funk and whatever organic debris I picked up during my morning calisthenics, I won't be attending any social functions this weekend.

IMG_20210930_061804_461.jpg

I just give mine a scrub with dish soap.

Glad I'm not the only harvest puker. It was weird how little control I had over it. I'm usually good at overcoming my gag reflex (giggity).

I chopped hulkberry this morning. Let me set the picture:

Me, just after my morning piss still in my nightshirt. The shirt is red, has a few holes in it, and features a stupid cartoon of a horse with a cup of coffee, saying 'I'm unstable in the morning'. It's red. On my feet are my well-worn rainbow tie dye Crocs. I am carrying scissors and a saw. It's 43f and dewey.

As I move like a sleek cat under anesthesia, my eyes fall upon the target: Hulkberry. She is wide...a sea of fat odiferous colas. Dozens of branches have been tied securely to her container with green nursery tape. Above that, a SCroG net held down by stakes, bricks, and more nursery tape.

I was thoughtful and had brought a small LED camp lantern. I began cutting away all of the support holding the girl in place. Once I was fairly certain I had freed her of her bondage, I picked up my saw and, balancing the plant and lantern so I could see, started cutting. It's a double-sided Japanese woodworking saw. Both sides are razor sharp. I had to really push up against the lower branches to keep my saw from binding. That should have been noted in my sleep-addled brain. It was not.

Hooking a shoulder under a bottom branch I finally got my saw through. For a brief moment the plant was perfectly balanced and weightless. A tiny flush of pride filled my chest having just harvested my first fully ripe plant of the outdoor season. Go me! That feeling was replaced by terror as I felt the whole mass of hard-earned buds tipping East. 'She'll fall into chicken poop!' my slow brain screamed. In an effort to meet her new center of gravity I attempted to quickly shift my own awkward weight. My old Crocs, while comfortable, have zero tread and maybe 1/4" of battered sole left. On the wet weeds they allowed zero purchase and I suddenly was aware of my feet skating down the little hummock of earth I was on. Being shaped like a turkey (all breast and thighs), my upper half trebucheted in slow motion down the other side of the hummock, hulkberry falling on top of me.

I saved HER from the chicken shit. Me? Let's just say between her funk and whatever organic debris I picked up during my morning calisthenics, I won't be attending any social functions this weekend.

IMG_20210930_061804_461.jpg
This context would be saleable in a grow book

I found a scant amount of seeds when trimming WW. Some were even brown. This is making me rethink a greenhouse. I suspect ignorant neighbors are just growing regs with no thought to other people's plants.
I figure that my occasional seed in outdoor, and sometimes indoor, plants is from the few small male flowers that show up in the lower buds. Might get two to four bananas out of these. On my Girl Scout Cookie clones they start to show up around the 4th week of flowering. Most of them can be cut off or just crushed by pinching and the bud saved if I think it is worth it otherwise I just cut the entire small bud off.

Since these male flower parts are only about the size of a seed and are green to start off they are easy to overlook if the bananas are not showing yet. It is the plant's need to produce seeds to perpetuate the specie when there are no male plants around. Some hormone or another must kick in.

Ok so...Hulkberry is a fucking delicious plant. Despite fighting bud rot and losing some of the flower because of it, I have a pretty large harvest off this one plant. The goal this morning is to break down everything into budlets and get her out of the forge. Weather's turned shit again and I need to get Triple Cheese in.

The effects are strong. An active indica feel...moving about is possible but the mind-body connection is skewed. It's like being in a funhouse with the wobbly floor that tries to tip people into the walls.

The flavor on the tongue and palate is fruity while the smoke on exhale tastes of spice. She's not cured yet but already a very smooth smoke...probably the smoothest green weed I've yet smoked.

I was really careful during washing to try and keep the trichs intact and I got a tiny amount of kief from the wash water. If growing cannabis has taught me anything, it's to go slower and pay more attention to details.

Ok, I am feeling incredibly guilty about not being on here every day. Weather continues to be shit and I'm fighting getting everyone safely to harvest.

Hulkberry, which I consider to be the prettiest plant at harvest was the most affected by bud rot. I saved about 10oz. I'd say I had to toss 1/3 of the plant but it what it is. Here's an ok bud:

That plant really put my mood low the last few days. As a result I've added a vinegar bucket before the H2O2 in my wash routine. Fingers crossed the rest of the girls will fare better.

Triple Cheese had maybe 2 budlets that were suspect. I'm not seeing the grey mold, just brown slimy buds. Maybe it's not even bud rot but I'm proceeding as though it is. BUT YEAH...she looks much much happier:

Harvesting her has improved my mood and Imma try to get decent photos of what I've been up to in the tents (which isn't much :< )

Weather continues to be shit...
We have been running about 10 degrees warmer during the day and about 10-15 degrees warmer overnight for the past 10 days or so. Throw in the drizzle or light rain just about every day with the constant high humidity and it could mean more work trying to handle and then dry the buds. Looks like the pattern will break Thursday night with Friday being the first day of a stretch of cooler more-normal temperatures and a bit lower humidity levels.

You got some light rains coming right now (7 am) and it looks like we get hit in an hour or so. At least the afternoons are supposed to be rain-free.

We have been running about 10 degrees warmer during the day and about 10-15 degrees warmer overnight for the past 10 days or so. Throw in the drizzle or light rain just about every day with the constant high humidity and it could mean more work trying to handle and then dry the buds. Looks like the pattern will break Thursday night with Friday being the first day of a stretch of cooler more-normal temperatures and a bit lower humidity levels.

You got some light rains coming right now (7 am) and it looks like we get hit in an hour or so. At least the afternoons are supposed to be rain-free.
Yeah, I repurposed a fireworks drying box I have for my harvest. This is the first day I've pulled a plant and it wasn't saturated with water.

UPDATE: Alien Rock Candy came down just now. So far we've pulled Sour Diesel, White Widow, Triple Cheese, and Hulkberry (which is some potent shit omg). ARC came down today and I think Critical Purple Kush will be tomorrow. I'm running out of hanging room but we're managing. John's trimming for the first time and he's way better at it than me. This has significantly reduce my stress level.

I'll tally up weights once all the plants are in and curing but so far off the top of my head: Hulkberry 10oz (lost a lot to budrot), Triple Cheese just over a pound, White Widow 10oz, and sour diesel didn't get weighed since it's destined to be hash.

aaaand I look totally exhausted in this photo because I am (halfway there!) . Roscoe says hi.

Back
Top Bottom