Drain To Waste Setups

gr0w

Hey guys, coming up on my 4th grow using automated drain to waste and I've been trying to come up with a good way to get rid of the run off.

up until now I have been having them sit in drip trays and then using a shop vacuum to remove the run off. (pain in the a**)

however, sometimes I am unable to get to it on a regular basis and trying to come up with a way to collect the run off into one single container, while still keeping plants low to the ground so I don't out grow my tent/lights.

I am curious to see your guys setups using an automated Drain to Waste feeding system and your run off set ups.

THANKS in advance!

pics of setup

As long as you don't have a recirculating system (IE where the waste gets recirculated) then you don't actually need to water to waste with an automated system. Just use some drip clean in your res

As long as you don't have a recirculating system (IE where the waste gets recirculated) then you don't actually need to water to waste with an automated system. Just use some drip clean in your res
are you referring to how i have a nutrient bucket and a plain water bucket?

should you water every other feeding with plain water? or is just running nutrients okay? (coco)

My drain setup. I have an upside down saucer in another on top of cinder blocks with 1 inch bulkhead fittings on the walls that drain down into a 1.5 inch angled pvc pipe that is suspended above ground. the end has a black vinyl tube that runs out to under the corner of my garage door and drains out through a sleeve.

A condensate pump is a relatively low profile unit with a small reservoir activated by a float switch. Put one at the end of your drain line and pump it to wherever you want.

I use a condensate pump in my coco drain to waste set up. My plants (5 gallon smart pots) sit on plastic milk crates which sit in a box with a water proof liner, I cut holes in the bottom of condensate pump and put it below milk crates on liner. When run off level comes up pump cycles automatically. It does not pump dry, but it keeps the level down.

Back
Top Bottom