Exploring the Microscopic World of Trichome Photography

From Barney's Farm. Photo feminized. Mine turned out to be some really great smoke. :) Fantastic taste.:love::bong:
I did see the Barney's Farm comment but wasn't sure if it was through canuk .
Thanks for the reply , I wonder how different mine will look.
I can't wait for this camera to turn up

Panama by ACE. Photo taken with Nikon Coolpix on auto and edited on laptop. It triched up pretty good for a tropical strain.:)

Panama Day 96 flower (10)2.JPG

Panama by ACE in 2022, Nikon Coolpix in auto mode.

Panama Day 96 flower (5)2.JPG

Panama by ACE in 2022, Nikon Coolpix in auto mode.

I did see the Barney's Farm comment but wasn't sure ifvit was through canuk .
Thanks for the reply , I wonder how different mine will look.
I can't wait for this camera to turn up
I've been thinking about the camera issue. :hmmmm: The weak link with my usb microscope is the stand it is supported by. :oops: Focus has to be adjusted on the barrel and when I move my hand, it moves and is no longer in focus.:( If the stand is not stable, it will be hard to get a focused shot.:hmmmm: Just hit and miss, with a little luck thrown in from time to time. :rolleyes:
I bet someone skilled in 3D printing, could design something to stabilize it.:hmmmm:😎

I've been thinking about the camera issue. :hmmmm: The weak link with my usb microscope is the stand it is supported by. :oops: Focus has to be adjusted on the barrel and when I move my hand, it moves and is no longer in focus.:( If the stand is not stable, it will be hard to get a focused shot.:hmmmm: Just hit and miss, with a little luck thrown in from time to time. :rolleyes:
I bet someone skilled in 3D printing, could design something to stabilize it.:hmmmm:😎
The camera that i have on order it has a remote control and it looks like it has focus buttons on it.
Hopefully I won't have to touch it to focus it.

No doubt 🙂

The camera that i have on order it has a remote control and it looks like it has focus buttons on it.
Hopefully I won't have to touch it to focus it.

No doubt 🙂
Great that you are getting the remote!
At close up shots like these you will have camera shake as well when that shutter is tripped by hand. I use a remote trigger to keep away from shake when hitting the shutter button. Also, some cameras allow mirror lock up to keep the shake away from the mirror action when hitting the shutter. I'm going to try the mirror lock on mine at some point this week. Seems I used to use it for critter/insect close ups.

Here are a couple of other things I used to do for macro shots.
If your tripod is a lightweight, use a bag of beans or something to weigh it down for stability. If you have it sitting on carpeting, it's likely to jiggle around. I've even used small trash bags with canned goods in them to weigh down the tripod in the field.

Also, if your tripod has a ball head on it, sometimes they can "creep" on you. The weight of the camera and lens will cause it to slip a little. This can happen with other kinds of tripod heads as well, especially the more inexpensive brands. Make sure your tripod head is absolutely tightly secured.

Hey Folks hope all is well, i tried trich shots with just a phone a Samsung S21FE & out of 50 pics i'd get the odd good pic so i picked up a wifi digital scope 1000x & must be cheap as there is no name brand on it a Zon special & it uses the Max-See app & worked fine sending the pics to my phone the S21FE & through phone link i was able to drag & drop to a file on my desk top & upload to 420 Mag photos it worked a couple times & now unable to drag & drop the app will not transfer to my photos/gallery on the phone & can't transfer to my desk top file the scope will connect to my phone & take pics & can see what i'm looking at, i uninstalled & reinstalled the app a few times & permissions allowed on the phone settings any ideas ? here is a few shots i was able to get

20240201_103744.jpg

been a while since i've used mine but have something similar. from what I remember the pictures aren't saved in the gallery so you need to fish them out of the app folder if you're transfering them over to a pc. the max-see app quit working on older android phones. i had to use another app from the same publisher and it worked fine.

been a while since i've used mine but have something similar. from what I remember the pictures aren't saved in the gallery so you need to fish them out of the app folder if you're transfering them over to a pc. the max-see app quit working on older android phones. i had to use another app from the same publisher and it worked fine.
Thanks Regrowth tried that also, going to try tonight & reset wifi for starters, worked fine before i'm probably missing something simple :volcano-smiley:

now unable to drag & drop the app will not transfer to my photos/gallery on the phone & can't transfer to my desk top file the scope will connect to my phone & take pics & can see what i'm looking at, i uninstalled & reinstalled the app a few times & permissions allowed on the phone settings any ideas ?
If you're having trouble with the Max-See app, you should contact the Android app developer.

If you're having trouble with the Max-See app, you should contact the Android app developer.
Hi Marc i'll probably will do that if i can't get it to work tonight it workrd fine before probably a operator issue Lol!

i got it working i just reset my wifi & removed & reinstalled the app so heres a pic of my current grow a Gelato x Purple Punch auto baby trich shot i'll have better when she grows up a bit

2024_02_01_18_29_10_814.png

Colombian Gold by World of Seed, Herbies. From clones gifted by @LKABudMan :)
Last grow harvested in December 2023. Taken with Nikon Coolpix on auto and edited on laptop.

CG Day 79 flower (14)2 1.JPG

Colombian Gold Day 79 from flip. Nikon Coolpix on auto, edited on laptop.

CG Day 83 flower (15)2 1.JPG

Colombian Gold Day 83 from flip. Nikon Coolpix on auto, edited on laptop.

Colombian Gold by World of Seed, Herbies. From clones gifted by @LKABudMan :)
Last grow harvested in December 2023. Taken with Nikon Coolpix on auto and edited on laptop.

CG Day 79 flower (14)2 1.JPG

Colombian Gold Day 79 from flip. Nikon Coolpix on auto, edited on laptop.

CG Day 83 flower (15)2 1.JPG

Colombian Gold Day 83 from flip. Nikon Coolpix on auto, edited on laptop.
That is one frosty nug.

Back
Top Bottom