First grow ever / outdoors / Andalucia Spain / Lot of questions :) HyperRoller diary

HyperRoller

420 Member
Hello, my first post in here. I have been dreaming of grow my own medicine for years and finally have situation that allows me grow. Been watching youtube tuts a lot but still i feel i need a lot more understanding of this growing journey.

I have big yard wich is private from other eyes than my family. Also my landlord is building a nice space outside of our walls where i have nice spot to grow potatoes, tomato etc.. and i will probably make a space there for the ladies. But for now i have to start this first run in my own yard.

I decided to go with autos my first run since heard so much good that they are easy for the first try. I dont know did i started the project bit too early since it is still cold at nights ( 13-15 celcius ) But i have one room outside wich stays 18-20c at night time. I started germination using papertowel method week a go friday and got allmoust all seeds crack in 24 - 36 h time and planted them directly to 5gallon fabric pots 6 days ago. I first put list of all seeds, soil etc that i have in use and then some pictures and afterwards a lot of noob quistions :)

Seeds planted:
Auto Jack Herer (Advanced Seeds) x 4
Zkittlez OG Auto (Barneys Farm) x 2
Californian Snow Auto (Fast Buds) x 3
Plus 3 x OG Kush Auto (Dinafem) that i planted to smaller cups 5 days ago and yea i know autos dont like transplanting but i wanted to give a try .
Soil: Canna Terra Profesional . Dont know if thats good soil . I readed afterwards that i mayby should have added more perlite to the mix but i hope the perlite that is allready in the mix is enough.

Nutes: Fast Food Orgánico by B.A.C and BioBizz Outdoor try out pack.
Also have ph- and ph+ liquids and ph meter.

I take photos from all plants ( still in seedling stage ) later today or tomorrow.

first question is that did i plant too early since the weather is not still hot at night time? We had also 3 rainy / cloydy days wich is not usual over here where we have aprox 300 days of sun / year. Also im stressed that since i have to move 3 x times a day the location of the pots is it harmflull for the litle ones? I readed that autos react for the coldness a lot so im scared i dont get them done or if do it will be very small yeild? Im building some type of greenhouse later and that will help alot . but I would love to get all advise and suggestions for the seedling stage and so on. For next seedlings im planning to get some cheap led light and small tent or similar to do the seedling stage inside and then move them outside but that one i try with my first photos that i try this year.

Thanks in advance for any help, my brains need that one :) Also im happy to find this community and i love this old school forum a lot !!! Good grows to every one.

IMG-20240425-WA0001.jpeg

Here is my Jack herer seedlings.
JH #1 is best looking so far and is making second pair of leaves now.
JH #2 had problem to remove helmet and the other Cotyledon got damage in that process. Will still survive ?
JH #3 second best looking so far, also started to make second pair of leaves
JH #4 also took litle damage from the helmet but still has that second Cotyledon and looking to survive.

IMG_20240427_135829.jpeg

IMG_20240427_135837.jpeg

IMG_20240427_135927.jpeg

IMG_20240427_135932.jpeg

IMG_20240427_140009.jpeg

IMG_20240427_140014.jpeg

IMG_20240427_140101.jpeg

IMG_20240427_140109.jpeg

Below 21C you are risking the health of the seedling. Below 24C and over 30C you are stalling growth. Gently moving them is better than letting them get that cold. If the ground is cold you can place them on wood to hold more heat in the soil.

The rain can overwater, lower soil temp or effect PH. If those are not a problem leave them out. You can also drape plastic to keep the rain off the soil. Full cloud cover will not block IR and UV light that the plant uses for photosynthesis.

Minor over feeding is more detrimental to the plant than extreme under feeding. Always error on the side of under feeding. The first jigged edged leaves are day one of the roots feeding the plant. From that point only use water for the first week. Then stick to the minimum side of the feed chart.

Below 21C you are risking the health of the seedling. Below 24C and over 30C you are stalling growth. Gently moving them is better than letting them get that cold. If the ground is cold you can place them on wood to hold more heat in the soil.

The rain can overwater, lower soil temp or effect PH. If those are not a problem leave them out. You can also drape plastic to keep the rain off the soil. Full cloud cover will not block IR and UV light that the plant uses for photosynthesis.

Minor over feeding is more detrimental to the plant than extreme under feeding. Always error on the side of under feeding. The first jigged edged leaves are day one of the roots feeding the plant. From that point only use water for the first week. Then stick to the minimum side of the feed chart.
Yes the temperatures worries me alot this moment but so far i had keep them live almoust week by searching the sunniest spots in my yard and then when sun sets down iv been transfering them inside that room. I have heat air condinitier in that room so would it be good idea to turn that on at night times to 22c ? Ihave kept them safe from rain since studiet that rain is not ok for them. I check ph levels when ever i give water to them and so far they are all aprox 6.2 now when i checked the soil from all of them. Ill start nutrients some point next week with litle dosage at the time and afterwards as the supliers instructions say. Is it true that when the second or 3rd pair of leaves comes then its on veg and i can start nuts? thank you for the reply :)

Yes the temperatures worries me alot this moment but so far i had keep them live almoust week by searching the sunniest spots in my yard and then when sun sets down iv been transfering them inside that room. I have heat air condinitier in that room so would it be good idea to turn that on at night times to 22c ? Ihave kept them safe from rain since studiet that rain is not ok for them. I check ph levels when ever i give water to them and so far they are all aprox 6.2 now when i checked the soil from all of them. Ill start nutrients some point next week with litle dosage at the time and afterwards as the supliers instructions say. Is it true that when the second or 3rd pair of leaves comes then its on veg and i can start nuts? thank you for the reply :)
And watering, i have been just checking that if the soil is dry from top been spraying water to keep the soil moist . Is that ok ? Also when the inside are in dome is dry been giving slitly water over there.

If you can catch the rain and test it for PH, it will let you know what you are working with and adjust accordingly. You do not want a steady moist soil. letting the soil dry out between watering will promote healthy root growth. Healthy plants start with healthy roots. Picking up the pot is the best indicator of moisture level. Start venting the domes when the second set of jagged leaves (true leaves) start. Work towards no dome at 4 grown true leaves.

When you have 4 nodes, AKA 8 leaves you It is considered in full veg and no longer a seedling. After the second or third node you can start mild feed.

If you can catch the rain and test it for PH, it will let you know what you are working with and adjust accordingly. You do not want a steady moist soil. letting the soil dry out between watering will promote healthy root growth. Healthy plants start with healthy roots. Picking up the pot is the best indicator of moisture level. Start venting the domes when the second set of jagged leaves (true leaves) start. Work towards no dome at 4 grown true leaves.

When you have 4 nodes, AKA 8 leaves you It is considered in full veg and no longer a seedling. After the second or third node you can start mild feed.
Yea i have been opening the domes now and then to let them get fresh air / sun for 30mins and then put it back 2 x day. I think soil is not too wet but your tip sounds good to let the soil dry more between watering . thank you for the help and support.
edit. i have not introduce them to rain , our garden that we are building atm we are planning to build a some kind of cover to plants that they dont have to be in rain if rainy day. Over here the rain is not problem since it is not usually raining . I dont know but is it true that rain water is not good for the plants? Iv been just using tap water ( wich is fresh and good quality here in the montains ) been only adjusting ph for that and all pots are about 6 - 6.5 range. That ok ?

Remove the dome until the plant starts to wilt a little. Replace the dome until it is perked back up and repeat. You are "hardening off", weening the plant off drinking from the leaves to promote root growth. If the plan has 4 true leaves it should harden off after a few days of on/off dome. When it doesn't wilt with the dome off you are done.

Bio media and soil like PH 6-6.5. Synthetic sterile hydro likes 5.7- 6.2. As long as you are close to that range it is good. Don't try to strong arm it into that range. It swings like a pendulum. A gentile nudge will get it moving back towards the range and hard push will send it wildly out of control. You adjust the water going in but the water running out will indicate PH at the roots..

Rain is PH neutral distilled water. What seeds the rain drop and what it picks up as the rain falls is a different story. salty water vapor from an ocean, pollution from industry and minerals in the dust kicked up by wind will be added to the rain. My area has iron ,lead, and silver mines but the rain is safe. They bottle and sell the spring water. Rain catching to water gardens is pretty common here. Any idea what is in your rain that could harm plants or maybe just the PH is way off ??

Remove the dome until the plant starts to wilt a little. Replace the dome until it is perked back up and repeat. You are "hardening off", weening the plant off drinking from the leaves to promote root growth. If the plan has 4 true leaves it should harden off after a few days of on/off dome. When it doesn't wilt with the dome off you are done.

Bio media and soil like PH 6-6.5. Synthetic sterile hydro likes 5.7- 6.2. As long as you are close to that range it is good. Don't try to strong arm it into that range. It swings like a pendulum. A gentile nudge will get it moving back towards the range and hard push will send it wildly out of control. You adjust the water going in but the water running out will indicate PH at the roots..

Rain is PH neutral distilled water. What seeds the rain drop and what it picks up as the rain falls is a different story. salty water vapor from an ocean, pollution from industry and minerals in the dust kicked up by wind will be added to the rain. My area has iron ,lead, and silver mines but the rain is safe. They bottle and sell the spring water. Rain catching to water gardens is pretty common here. Any idea what is in your rain that could harm plants or maybe just the PH is way off ??
I try to catch some rain water next time its raining ( can take long time here ) and test it for ph. I just heard some where that rain water is not good for the plants but now as you mentioned it should be safe here since 22km to coast and we live in valley in montains where is a lot of farmers etc so i think the air here should be very fresh.

Yea that dome tactic i should try. I have 4 true leaves in many of the babies but the second set that is showinbg is not quite big yet so is it time to start to do that yet? ill post a pic later where you can see what i mean.

Here is the pic. So question: does that have 4 true leaves now ?

IMG_20240429_141816.jpeg

Here is my Jack herer seedlings.
JH #1 is best looking so far and is making second pair of leaves now.
JH #2 had problem to remove helmet and the other Cotyledon got damage in that process. Will still survive ?
JH #3 second best looking so far, also started to make second pair of leaves
JH #4 also took litle damage from the helmet but still has that second Cotyledon and looking to survive.

IMG_20240427_135829.jpeg

IMG_20240427_135837.jpeg

IMG_20240427_135927.jpeg

IMG_20240427_135932.jpeg

IMG_20240427_140009.jpeg

IMG_20240427_140014.jpeg

IMG_20240427_140101.jpeg

IMG_20240427_140109.jpeg
Your seedlings look nice but I have never seen one with a missing cotyledon, I am not sure how it will fair. :circle-of-love: 🍋

Your seedlings look nice but I have never seen one with a missing cotyledon, I am not sure how it will fair.

i've had few like that. they work out fine.

Back
Top Bottom