Hortishorti's First Grow - Organic Bagseed 2017

You'd be surprise and I'm sure you got penny and a ton others here backing and supporting ya

I think you have done an excellent job training her...those buds are swollen and plump...when i get to that stage im ready to chop it down but after a few bad runs ive learned to wait and let her do her thang...sry u wrote a book but you should be proud of yourself

Thanks Bradley! It's hard not to want to chop em down, but I know if I was to do it now, I'd just get some hints at her terps instead of the real deal. My goal is to harvest when she's at smack-in-the-brain status :) Her trichs are over 50% milky now, but I figure she'll stay that way for a week or 2 before letting a few of em' amber out.

You'd be surprise and I'm sure you got penny and a ton others here backing and supporting ya

I do have some awesome people backing and supporting me! You included, Joe.

Thanks man been busy lately but another month and my journey begins again at 420 ...

Thanks man been busy lately but another month and my journey begins again at 420 ...

Can't wait to see what you do with it Joe

So my clone is now in a 10gal fabric pot with Roots Organic. Also got some Great White :thumb: Can't wait to see what becomes of this.

Can't wait to see what you do with it Joe

So my clone is now in a 10gal fabric pot with Roots Organic. Also got some Great White :thumb: Can't wait to see what becomes of this.

I need to order some GW MYSELF. Shit caps lol

I'm think my about try a gel for roooting method a old friend said to try on here who sadly said he was leaving miss the guy .

Anyways 10 gal pot your stocking the clone in?

Wholly hokey holey that's huge isn't it?

Lol I've never grown outside a 5 gal pot lol

I need to order some GW MYSELF. Shit caps lol

I'm think my about try a gel for roooting method a old friend said to try on here who sadly said he was leaving miss the guy .

Anyways 10 gal pot your stocking the clone in?

Wholly hokey holey that's huge isn't it?

Lol I've never grown outside a 5 gal pot lol

I've got like an 80% success rate with clones, luckily the one I threw in the 10gal was the one I've been training. I haven't taken any clones from her yet, but I'm using a whole new approach with her. I'll be vegging until the canopy fills the 10gal, I'm doing zero-till/topdress organics with no chemical/bottled ferts. When she goes into flowering, she will get a single 600w HPS in cool tube to herself :)

Great white really is the shit though! I'm happy to have finally got some. Last night, I flushed my flowering baby, sprinkled the soil with a dash of great white and top dressed with High Phos Guano and EWC, watering lightly with pure RO.
DSC_033427.JPG

She just keeps changing day after day. I feel like she grew up while I was gone or something :'(

Also, sorry 420magazine, I've been really busy with the sporadic scheduling at work now that season is hitting where I live. My apologies if I haven't been able to make it by anyone's journal the last few days.

So.. Against my desires, due to exigent circumstances regarding space, the big girl was chopped. I foresaw this issue a bit, hence why I've been flushing a bit frequent.
DSC_033923.JPG
DSC_033828.JPG
DSC_033729.JPG

These are all the main nugs, the biggest are a little skinnier than my forearm for reference.
I also have 2 bowls full of larf/popcorn that I am just gonna let air dry & be my picker meds for the time being.

I had no choice really but to chop because I wasn't thinking when I dropped the clone in the 10gal yesterday. SHE NEEDS LIGHT, and more attention.
This was my first grow, a learning experience. I've learned so much from all of you and made acquaintance with people I share a great mutuality with!! I have already FAR exceeded my expectations and I couldn't be happier. I expect my yield to be under 50 grams- but oh well, I started flowering at 8" and she was over 20" at chop!!

The good news? I know EXACTLY what to do this next time around thanks to all of you.
I'm focused on a better future with cannabis. I love this medicine, I love this community, I love what this journal has meant to me.
Shout outs to Pennywise, Kingjoe83, GrnThumbs, my girl Newty, you're all MVP's here and I can't wait for you to experience an even better harvest than what I just had.

I'm either going to continue this journal and go straight into perpetual or make a new perpetual journal, either way, I want the newcomers to be able to see my mistakes. I treated this soil like hydro and that was the WRONG way to do it. I over-fertilized, threw my PH off, wasted nutrients, over-watered. What I did right? TRAINING. TRAINING and giving adequate vegetative time tie for #1. I also FIRMLY believe that strategic defoliation played a big role. Any nugs that weren't in direct light DID NOT develop the same. This grow has been a rollercoaster of dealing with curve balls. I was forced to flip my plants less than 3 weeks from seed.

I plan to make this clone grow better by allowing it to veg for a total of 10 weeks. I've put it in a 10 gallon container. I can allow for up to 4x4 area. Instead of focusing on whats above ground, I'm going to focus on the roots. I want to maximize that 10 gallon container, the plant will respond. I am only top-dressing EWC, bat guano, myco & feeding with organic compost teas. I MAY use an organic bloom fert. BUT, I've got tons of time to research this. I will be leaving Fox farm & bottled nutrients behind until further notice. I also plan to use a 600w HPS for flowering as well as CO2 supplementation. I am NOT impressed with the penetration or potential of the Mars Hydro 300w. I WISH I could stay with an LED, but for me to do so would require me to spend hundreds on a Quantum Board or Spectrum King. For first time growers, these blurples CANNOT be beat on principal of cost alone!! Depending on your intentions regarding growing, you may even find you love the lights.

My intention is to improve and experiment. I approach growing scientifically. Efficiency is a major concern for me. I hope most of us seek to maximize our input/output. I do eventually hope to purchase top of the line LED's but for now, I'm gonna have to switch back to HID because budget LED's only do so much.

Here's the baby in her new, immobile home!
DSC_034124.JPG
DSC_034025.JPG

I love how positive you are staying

I'm so glad to hear you know what you need to correct the is the first sign of already a better next grow.

Good job bro .

I love how positive you are staying

I'm so glad to hear you know what you need to correct the is the first sign of already a better next grow.

Good job bro .

Thanks Joe! I'm really hoping I can turn the next grow into something even more spectacular :thanks:
I'm hoping she's dry within 7-8 days, I have her hanging in a room at 75F with tons of ventilation/circulation.
Some of the sugar trim I took off has a VERY nice flavor.. on the inhale, anyways. I'm staying with the assumption that my flush wasn't adequate until I'm proven otherwise.

I started a new journal though everyone! It'd be nice to see all of you over there as I work through growing a giant :thanks:

Thanks Joe! I'm really hoping I can turn the next grow into something even more spectacular :thanks:
I'm hoping she's dry within 7-8 days, I have her hanging in a room at 75F with tons of ventilation/circulation.
Some of the sugar trim I took off has a VERY nice flavor.. on the inhale, anyways. I'm staying with the assumption that my flush wasn't adequate until I'm proven otherwise.

I started a new journal though everyone! It'd be nice to see all of you over there as I work through growing a giant :thanks:

Can you post a link to the new journal? I'd love to follow along and see the improvements you make in your grow! I know how crazy, in a good way, different my second grow from my first has been!

DSC_037115.JPG

Here's a pic of the buds drying :) They're hanging in a room at 75'F with 2 oscillating fans. RH hovering at 40%. I can't wait to finally try a piece of her flowers and see what the meds are all about! Trichomes are mostly cloudy so I'm certain it'll feature some very cerebral effects. I wish I had been able to let it go a few more weeks, but luckily I have next time.

budz_2_.png

can't say I'm not proud of it though

budz_2_.png

can't say I'm not proud of it though

Some nice little nugs and thank you fir sharing the temps and humidity Is that where you like it ? Or what you learned?

Still should be a nice smoke how long did you flush for ?

Some nice little nugs and thank you fir sharing the temps and humidity Is that where you like it ? Or what you learned?

Still should be a nice smoke how long did you flush for ?
Thank you Joe! I hope it is.

I was able to do a 3 day flush before chop. 9 gallons of water per day. I'm going to wait until it's been jarred for a week. and from what I've read, people seem to get great results by hanging until the stem snaps, most recommend 7-8 days to get to that period. I don't want to dry it too quickly, and I don't want the cure to already be dead when it goes into jars. So I figured 75'F with plenty of air movement would be optimal. I wish I knew more about how humidity plays a role, but I'm hoping 40% RH won't dry my meds too quick.

Thank you Joe! I hope it is.

I was able to do a 3 day flush before chop. 9 gallons of water per day. I'm going to wait until it's been jarred for a week. and from what I've read, people seem to get great results by hanging until the stem snaps, most recommend 7-8 days to get to that period. I don't want to dry it too quickly, and I don't want the cure to already be dead when it goes into jars. So I figured 75'F with plenty of air movement would be optimal. I wish I knew more about how humidity plays a role, but I'm hoping 40% RH won't dry my meds too quick.

I have no personal experience but all of my research has shown me that 40% RH is fine during drying. I plan to keep mine between 35-40% if I can with air movement and temps will probably be around 70-73 F

Back
Top Bottom