InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I'd say it's at least 8" taller. Can't wait for limes...
1692301515726.png
we bought three lemon trees when we moved in to this house. Same size as your lime tree. 2 years later:

IMG_5360.jpeg

That’s one, two behind it are 25% the size - going to move them to a sunnier place Hoping maybe a harvest early next year? In HK we got a single lemon in years. (Got a single pineapple too) no one grows lemons here - limes are ubiquitous because cooking (they call limes lemons as well which gets really annoying)

I keep meaning to transplant a lime cutting on to it - long way out but have you thought of doing that? Frankenlimon
IMG_5360.jpeg

Will lemons and limes cross-graft? I know most lemons, limes and oranges are grafted plants because, just like apples, they don't come true from seed and its pretty rare to get a good tasting one. Apples also get grafted to a specific root stock for better cold tolerance or fungal resistance, that sort of thing.

Not sure if it's the same for citrus, but they definitely get grafted for taste.

Apparently you can have all three citruses grafted on to each other.
IMG_5389.jpeg

LA (fluxing searched but failed) ai think it was him or Shed that told me about this high level wizardry.

LA used the same techniques to have one mother 12 strains in a journal.

Nick

The Le Creme CBGs are hanging around though I don't know why since I have found no use for the harvest I already have. I have flower no one wants and made capsules that don't seem to have a desirable effect (keeps me up at night and another I'm still testing). I may trash them since I still have a bunch of seeds.
I still haven't started a Le Creme seed here. It's on my list, but since I have CBG isolate on hand, I haven't felt the urgency to pull the trigger yet. I mostly use the CBG in combination with CBD and THC capsules. I can't say whether it makes a huge difference, but I haven't noticed any downside so far, so I continue to use it. Currently my twice daily capsules contain approximately 12mg CBD, 5mg CBG, and 1mg THC.
I do have a CBD pain oil that goes on 10 minutes before my THC pain oil. That seems to be the most effect method for us.
Could you please refresh my memory on why you apply the CBD oil before the THC oil. I've been using one oil that contains both that seems to work nicely for me and everyone who I give it to, but I'm always open to trying new methods.
The 5 Killer Cookies is on flip day 48, and Chef says it runs 63-70 days which puts us 2-3 weeks from harvest.
Wow, those colas are gorgeous! Tall, fat, and frosty! :bravo:
I've made two changes recently: using the wet towel wrap per @CaptainLucky's suggestion, and I've covered the overflow hole when I water.
Good to know! I might give that "wet towel wrap" a try on my plastic Earthbox. I'm sure that reservoir gets pretty warm during my +90F days here. :thanks:

Tropical storm warning in California? Yikes! Looks like you're in for a wet one today and tomorrow. :surf:

Greetings all! Safely back home and watching it rain. Both plants have been in their respective homes for the last 2 days (GM in the tent and 5KC in the shed, both since Friday at 1pm) so not an ideal time for flowering plants, especially for the 5KC for what will be at least 3 full days, but whatcha gonna do? Also, the RH in the house is 78% and it's probably even higher in the shed. Maybe I can borrow the Captain's dehuey.
:cheesygrinsmiley:

During a break in the rain this morning I mixed nutes for both and watered them, and I'm glad I got it done when I did since it's coming down harder since then. But so far not very windy...just another rainy December day. :thumb:

The drive up was uneventful, as was dropping off my son at his new dorm. The drive home last night got a bit dicey having nothing to do with the hurricane. We hit a few serious thunderstorms on the way back (around 9pm) where I had the windshield wipers on high and needed to lean over the steering wheel to see the lane markers on a 2-lane road with a 65mph speed limit. Needless to say I was doing about 40 for those stretches. Probably the heaviest storm I had to drive in since the 1980s. On the plus side there wasn't any heavy traffic and we got back at midnight.

Oof on England losing to Spain but damn, Spain deserved it! ⚽

I'll catch up around the site but I did want to report in. Thanks for your concern!

OK speaking of driving , what about that car ?? Anyway bee safe just don't drive like everybody else LOL Secret yes took pics with new phone and downloaded to PC > can't find the damn things and can't remember how to put pics in my memories ??? so i can put them up ><>< I will get them up by the time you get back ( i hope ) I am sure you can guess , I am building a SIP now and want to get the detail pictures in case it works . Very cheap and late in the game .
I can only drive like me, which isn't too bad. :) I'm looking forward to seeing what you built and how it's going, so get those pics up!
Bon Voyage Shed and son! Have the best year there!
That 5KC is a head turner!
Thank you Otter, I passed that along to him before we left. 🏫
beautiful
Thanks marcus!
we bought three lemon trees when we moved in to this house. Same size as your lime tree. 2 years later:
Those look like bushes to me, but nice size! Were they from seed or grafted? From seed lemons can take 6-7 years to bear fruit. Luckily my lime was a cutting from a full-sized fruiting tree, so I'm hoping for fruit in about a year.
(they call limes lemons as well which gets really annoying)
WTF?

By the way, we passed an 18-wheeler with WTF carved into the bars on the back of the cab, but on the door you can see they were lazy and it said "Watch This Freight." That's the best they could come up with? Working the Freeways, Writing the Future (of trucking), anything else would probably have been better!
I keep meaning to transplant a lime cutting on to it - long way out but have you thought of doing that? Frankenlimon
Good idea if you have limited space, but I have six mature lemon trees so I'm good!
Will lemons and limes cross-graft? I know most lemons, limes and oranges are grafted plants because, just like apples, they don't come true from seed and its pretty rare to get a good tasting one. Apples also get grafted to a specific root stock for better cold tolerance or fungal resistance, that sort of thing.

Not sure if it's the same for citrus, but they definitely get grafted for taste.
Nick's got you ↓
Apparently you can have all three citruses grafted on to each other.
LA (fluxing searched but failed) ai think it was him or Shed that told me about this high level wizardry.
LA used the same techniques to have one mother 12 strains in a journal.
@Weaselcracker did a 4-way graft here!
Hi Shed thinking of you since all the Hillary hurricane talk, Have a uneventful drive, nice buds lots of love and positive vibes
Thank you dynamo, and I hope you're unaffected by the fires up by you. :love:

I need a fix of garlic harvest photos if you have any yet!
Yeah, keep it full of uneventness and joy! Smooth going brother.
Mostly smooth but back safely. :thanks:
I still haven't started a Le Creme seed here. It's on my list, but since I have CBG isolate on hand, I haven't felt the urgency to pull the trigger yet. I mostly use the CBG in combination with CBD and THC capsules. I can't say whether it makes a huge difference, but I haven't noticed any downside so far, so I continue to use it. Currently my twice daily capsules contain approximately 12mg CBD, 5mg CBG, and 1mg THC.
Thanks BL, and maybe I'll try capsules in the morning (since I already have them), but they definitely weren't helpful for my sleep, with or without CBD.
Could you please refresh my memory on why you apply the CBD oil before the THC oil. I've been using one oil that contains both that seems to work nicely for me and everyone who I give it to, but I'm always open to trying new methods.
I believe I got that from @Amy Gardner a few years ago, who found it more helpful to have separate bottles applied about 10 minutes apart (CBD first). It works for us, but you should stick with what's working for you!
Wow, those colas are gorgeous! Tall, fat, and frosty!
I know right? I hope they don't rot with the humidity. :nervous-guy:
Good to know! I might give that "wet towel wrap" a try on my plastic Earthbox. I'm sure that reservoir gets pretty warm during my +90F days here
Might help with the yellowing lowers since it did with mine. Give it a go, and props to @CaptainLucky for passing along Bill's advice.
Tropical storm warning in California? Yikes! Looks like you're in for a wet one today and tomorrow.
So far it's just like a warm summer rain, which certainly is unheard of here!

Greetings all! Safely back home and watching it rain. Both plants have been in their respective homes for the last 2 days (GM in the tent and 5KC in the shed, both since Friday at 1pm) so not an ideal time for flowering plants, especially for the 5KC for what will be at least 3 full days, but whatcha gonna do? Also, the RH in the house is 78% and it's probably even higher in the shed. Maybe I can borrow the Captain's dehuey.
:cheesygrinsmiley:

During a break in the rain this morning I mixed nutes for both and watered them, and I'm glad I got it done when I did since it's coming down harder since then. But so far not very windy...just another rainy December day. :thumb:

The drive up was uneventful, as was dropping off my son at his new dorm. The drive home last night got a bit dicey having nothing to do with the hurricane. We hit a few serious thunderstorms on the way back (around 9pm) where I had the windshield wipers on high and needed to lean over the steering wheel to see the lane markers on a 2-lane road with a 65mph speed limit. Needless to say I was doing about 40 for those stretches. Probably the heaviest storm I had to drive in since the 1980s. On the plus side there wasn't any heavy traffic and we got back at midnight.

Oof on England losing to Spain but damn, Spain deserved it! ⚽

I'll catch up around the site but I did want to report in. Thanks for your concern!

I can only drive like me, which isn't too bad. :) I'm looking forward to seeing what you built and how it's going, so get those pics up!

Thank you Otter, I passed that along to him before we left. 🏫

Thanks marcus!

Those look like bushes to me, but nice size! Were they from seed or grafted? From seed lemons can take 6-7 years to bear fruit. Luckily my lime was a cutting from a full-sized fruiting tree, so I'm hoping for fruit in about a year.

WTF?

By the way, we passed an 18-wheeler with WTF carved into the bars on the back of the cab, but on the door you can see they were lazy and it said "Watch This Freight." That's the best they could come up with? Working the Freeways, Writing the Future (of trucking), anything else would probably have been better!

Good idea if you have limited space, but I have six mature lemon trees so I'm good!

Nick's got you ↓

@Weaselcracker did a 4-way graft here!

Thank you dynamo, and I hope you're unaffected by the fires up by you. :love:

I need a fix of garlic harvest photos if you have any yet!

Mostly smooth but back safely. :thanks:

Thanks BL, and maybe I'll try capsules in the morning (since I already have them), but they definitely weren't helpful for my sleep, with or without CBD.

I believe I got that from @Amy Gardner a few years ago, who found it more helpful to have separate bottles applied about 10 minutes apart (CBD first). It works for us, but you should stick with what's working for you!

I know right? I hope they don't rot with the humidity. :nervous-guy:

Might help with the yellowing lowers since it did with mine. Give it a go, and props to @CaptainLucky for passing along Bill's advice.

So far it's just like a warm summer rain, which certainly is unheard of here!
I’m happy for your safe return Shedster and anything I own is yours to borrow my brother. Fingers crossed for your humidity issues. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley: Edit: damn spellcheck.

Highya ITS,

Good to know you're back safe and sound! The older I get, the more I hate problems with driving (especially at night)! But you got the young'uns delivered, so all is well! Looking forward to seeing your ladies again! Happy Smokin'

OK finilly got them Pics. they were hiding after i put them on PC 3 times :( .. Anyway this is my SIP I just built and should know in a few days if it takes to the Auto that i didn't get a pic of DUH >>

As you can see nothing special Here is the White Widow Auto that didnt mature as large as I wished But the tester bud was goood , it curing now >>

Probably only 1/4 oz But i did not have it in the Ideal spot for the complete day of sun SO you get what U get .. Thanks Shed for letting me post here . :adore:

Highya ITS,

Happy Birthday to you!! Hope you have a memorable day! Are you ready to retire?!? Happy Smokin'

Welcome back Shed! But it wouldn't be right if I didn't stir things up a bit.

Happy Birthday!
I'd bet money that it's not even Shed's Birthday. I suspect shenanigans! :Rasta:

Are you having fun yet, Beez? Happy Smokin'

I’m happy for your safe return Shedster and anything I own is yours to borrow my brother. Fingers crossed for your humidity issues. CL🍀. Edit: damn spellcheck.
Thanks Captain! I appreciate the offer and the good wishes. :)
Good to know you're back safe and sound! The older I get, the more I hate problems with driving (especially at night)! But you got the young'uns delivered, so all is well! Looking forward to seeing your ladies again! Happy Smokin'
Thank you Bode, and I'm with you on driving at night. Luckily it was a divided highway most of the way so not a lot of in-your-face headlights. Daytime is definitely easier.

I know! So annoying because you end up saying, “No a yellow lime, please”
Were they from seed or grafted? From seed lemons can take 6-7 years to bear fruit
Grafted. We had one in HK and raised a single lemon and a single pineapple. Had that apartment 8 years 😅

Your birthday was a while back you mentioned as it ended in 0. First post?

OK finally got them Pics. they were hiding after i put them on PC 3 times .. Anyway this is my SIP I just built and should know in a few days if it takes to the Auto that i didn't get a pic of DUH >>
Oh nice setup sb! No holes across the top or at the very bottom makes me wonder if they would improve the setup. Drop those in the SIP thread and get some feedback from folks who actually do SIPs well ;)
As you can see nothing special
What is special is the fact that you're growing again! That, along with the big paw and the shorts/white socks/black shoes summer combo. :thumb:
Here is the White Widow Auto that didnt mature as large as I wished But the tester bud was goood , it curing now >>
First plant in how long? :bravo: sb!
Probably only 1/4 oz But i did not have it in the Ideal spot for the complete day of sun SO you get what U get .. Thanks Shed for letting me post here .
Anytime, and once that SIP gets a'rolling get a journal up!
Sorry no garlic harvest pics this year. I've been on a do nothing extra till I get a new hip
Damn sorry dynamo. :( I hope that hip comes soon, and on the plus side, the recovery is supposed to be a lot faster than the knee was. :goodluck:
Welcome back Shed! But it wouldn't be right if I didn't stir things up a bit.
Thank you MrS, you're very kind.
Happy Birthday!
Oh, never mind!
Happy Birthday to you!! Hope you have a memorable day! Are you ready to retire?!? Happy Smokin'
Thanks Bode, but MrS was just funnin' y'all. He's a cracker!
How come nobody told me that it was your Birthday ? Hope you have a great one Shedster n many, many more. CL🍀.
See above ↑. I'm sometime in February. :amethyst:
I'd bet money that it's not even Shed's Birthday. I suspect shenanigans!
Shenanigans for the win! How much did you go in for?
I think we’ve been bamboozulled, I checked members B.D.s and it’s not one of them. So happy birthday either early or late Shedmeister. CL🍀.
Early and late! Thanks Captain. :ciao:
I know! So annoying because you end up saying, “No a yellow lime, please”
That's nuts! They need another word and I'm sure it will have 10 syllables.
Grafted. We had one in HK and raised a single lemon and a single pineapple. Had that apartment 8 years
LOL oof! Don't depend on your garden for sustenance.
Your birthday was a while back you mentioned as it ended in 0. First post?
Back in February but for personal reasons I don't ID the actual date.

Back
Top Bottom