White Widow Auto Grow Journal #2

MedicalMe

Starting my 2nd grow of this strain. This thread will log progress, start to finish.

Strain: Hybrid auto-flower, 60% indica., 30% sativa, 10% ruderalis.

Grow: Record of complete indoor grow (see below), 12’ X 12’ room.

Growing medium: Soil, Fox Farm Happy Frog, mix ratio 4- 3 gallon pots soil, 1 pot coco coir, and 1 pot perlite.

Lights: 2-4’ sets of 4 bulbs each, T5 54 watt HO, one set running 3000K lights for blooming, second set 6400K, lights on timer, 18/6 schedule. Can fit up to 4- 3 gallon pots under each bank of lights

Temp of Room: 78 degrees

RH of Room: 41%

Watering: About every 7 days at first (as soil measures “dry” using a moisture meter), then every other day or so as roots developed and plants matured. Water always corrected to about 6 PH (3/4 tsp PH Down in 1 gallon water of my well water). Watered with only PH corrected water until plants were 24 days old.

Ferts: Used 1/2 of recommended amounts due to autos not needing much in the way of nutes.

Veg stage: Fox Farm Grow Big. Bloom stage: Tiger Bloom.

12/2/18 - Started germination process (6 seeds) per Marijuana Seeds Canada - Germinate - Crop King Seeds

10/3/18 - After soaking in glass in spring water for about 14 hours, transferred seeds to plate/wet paper towels.

12/4/18 - All 6 seeds cracked. Rewet paper towels with spring water.

12/6/18 - (About 9:00 A.M.) Taproots 1/4” to 3/4” long, planted 2 each in pots 1&2, 1 each in pots 3&4., taproots down as much as possible. Watered in with PH corrected water.

12/7/18 - (About 9:00 A.M.) Seedlings coming up in pots 2,3&4. Nothing in pot #1 yet.

12/8/18 - All seedings above soil. Now we’ll see who’s really healthy, cut back to 3-4 plants.

DSC_0036 (1).jpg
DSC_0038 (1).jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0036.JPG
    DSC_0036.JPG
    670.2 KB · Views: 185
  • DSC_0038.JPG
    DSC_0038.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 167
Starting my 2nd grow of this strain. This thread will log progress, start to finish.

Strain: Hybrid auto-flower, 60% indica., 30% sativa, 10% ruderalis.

Grow: Record of complete indoor grow (see below), 12’ X 12’ room.

Growing medium: Soil, Fox Farm Happy Frog, mix ratio 4- 3 gallon pots soil, 1 pot coco coir, and 1 pot perlite.

Lights: 2-4’ sets of 4 bulbs each, T5 54 watt HO, one set running 3000K lights for blooming, second set 6400K, lights on timer, 18/6 schedule. Can fit up to 4- 3 gallon pots under each bank of lights

Temp of Room: 78 degrees

RH of Room: 41%

Watering: About every 7 days at first (as soil measures “dry” using a moisture meter), then every other day or so as roots developed and plants matured. Water always corrected to about 6 PH (3/4 tsp PH Down in 1 gallon water of my well water). Watered with only PH corrected water until plants were 24 days old.

Ferts: Used 1/2 of recommended amounts due to autos not needing much in the way of nutes.

Veg stage: Fox Farm Grow Big. Bloom stage: Tiger Bloom.
Great work!

About to start adding nutes. Looking for consensus here. Two weeks in and thinking about adding FloraNova Veg. I've also been told 1/2 the reco amount is best. I've also been told that seedlings dont need nutes yet... so much advice...

I've also been told 1/2 the reco amount is best. I've also been told that seedlings dont need nutes yet.

My first grow of White Widow Autos, at first I just used PH-corrected water b/c I'd heard the same thing: autos don't need nutes right away, and when they do, only use 1/2 the amount normally used for photos. Consequently, I didn't use nutes until the girls were 24 days old (at that point they were putting out their 5th set of leaves). Didn't seem to hurt a thing - autos have the reputation of being really tough. By this time they were needing watered every three days or so. I used nutes 1/2 strength with PH-corrected water every other watering and just PH-corrected water in-between. First plant went into pre-flower at Day 28. It's now Day 48 and the first plant will be ready to chop in about a week. The 2nd and 3rd plants s/b ready to chop in 2 weeks.

I'm only using T5 HO lights (54 watt) so the buds aren't nearly as big or as dense as they would be if I was using a powerful LED or MH, but I'm happy. I don't sell and I only medicated twice a day, so I'm good.

White Widow Auto #1 (1).jpg

Grow Journal 12/14/18 - Day 14 from germ - Weeded out to 4 healthy seedlings. Soil rated between "moist" and "dry" on moisture meeter, will wait a day or two to water, until "dry" is indicated. Starting to put on 3rd set of true leaves.

DSC_0055.jpg

12/21/18 - Day 22 from germ. Soil barely moist bottom of pots in area around drainage pebbles. Watered all with PH corrected water along with FF 1.5 tsp Big Bloom, 1 tsp Grow Big, and 1 tsp Tiger Bloom. Imilya on 420 informed me that FF nutes are designed to be used in conjunction with each other, so checked it out on the FF chart online chart. However, as I didn’t want to risk going full recommended strength due to the prevailing belief that autos are supposed to require much less in the way of nutes, I halved the recommended quantities on the FF online chart. Misted all with spring water after fertilizing to make sure no nutes dried on leaves. Raised light bank 1” so lights are 10” from tops of plants. Also started LST today.

WW #2 Day 22.jpg

12/28/18 - Day 29 from germ. Watered/fertilized all pots with PH corrected water, along with 3 tsp Big Bloom, 1.5 tsp Grow Big, 1 tsp Tiger Bloom, and .5 tsp Bloom City Cal-Mag. FF chart says feed twice a week. Did more LST.

WW Auto #2 Day 29 - 1.jpgWW Auto #2 Day 29 - 3.jpg

12/28/18 - Day 29 from germ. Watered/fertilized all pots with PH corrected water, along with 3 tsp Big Bloom, 1.5 tsp Grow Big, 1 tsp Tiger Bloom, and .5 tsp Bloom City Cal-Mag. FF chart says feed twice a week. Did more LST.

WW Auto #2 Day 29 - 1.jpgWW Auto #2 Day 29 - 3.jpg
This is interesting. Should I be using my bloom and grow nutes at the same time? I thought, just as they read, should be used in their labeled stages.

This is interesting. Should I be using my bloom and grow nutes at the same time? I thought, just as they read, should be used in their labeled stages.
I would use them as the chart states. You shouldn't use tigerbloom until you switch to 12/12 flowering.

Should I be using my bloom and grow nutes at the same time? I thought, just as they read, should be used in their labeled stages

That's what I thought, too, until Emilya advised me that Fox Farms nutes are designed to be used in conjunction. Emilya pointed me to the Fox Farms feeding chart, accessible from their Website which has a suggested feeding schedule. However, two caveats: 1) I don't think you'd go far wrong following Killian's advice. That's pretty much SOP. But with FF nutes, I believe you'll get better results following the FF schedule, and 2) I can't speak to other brands of nutes, as I'm currently only using FF.

Lastly, I've attached a modified feeding schedule for autos based on the FF online chart (with apologies to FF) for your perusal. I'll be following this schedule with my next grow, which will be Lambs Breath auto. As you can see, although Big Bloom is used throughout the grow, Grow Big is phased out as the grow progresses and Tiger Bloom is phased in.

Auto-Flower Soil Feeding Schedule.jpg

I may consider switching over to FF products in future

Whatever works for ya. And that's the point: I'm not out to make you a disciple of my method, and I'm confident I can say the same about most others on this forum. The thing is, study, learn, make decisions, make mistakes, learn from those mistakes, and GROW ON!

1/2/19 - Day 35. (see photo) Really responding to LST and all plants in pre-flower. Seems like the end pot (#4) is about a week behind the others. However, all should be transitioning to bloom in about a week.

WW Auto #2 Day 35.jpg

Back
Top Bottom