Keffkas Seedsman Comparative: Purple Ghost Candy

Can honey be used to help sweeten the plant while it flowers? Like the whole carbohydrates sacarin additive would do?

It won’t literally sweeten the buds, but the carbs will feed the microbes well. You don’t want to overdo it or the microbes will begin to ignore the carbs the plant is sending out as a signal for its needs

Honey is a carb, but it's only 80% the carb that organic cane sugar or molasses is, so it's on the weaker side, plus it's not what the microbes expect. They expect plant sugars, but it will definitely work, just add 20% more over what a recipe calls for in lieu of organic cane sugar or molasses.

That being said, honey contains fibre and sugars don't, and microbes love fibre. Dealers choice here. I prefer molasses for it's trace elements.

Most reliable way of cloning azalea I have found is air cuttings
Make a nick in the stem at a a knuckle/node, wrap some damp moss round the nick then clingfilm it sealed up
It will start to throw out roots while it is still attached to the branch and can then be cut off
I'm doing some rosemary & lavender later this year, they'll just go directly into a pot of 50/50 soil/grit

Most reliable way of cloning azalea I have found is air cuttings
Make a nick in the stem at a a knuckle/node, wrap some damp moss round the nick then clingfilm it sealed up
It will start to throw out roots while it is still attached to the branch and can then be cut off
I'm doing some rosemary & lavender later this year, they'll just go directly into a pot of 50/50 soil/grit

Have you documented this process? I can see this being extremely effective. Most plants I’ve grown, seem to dedicate a lot of energy to creating roots above the soil line even if it’s in vain.

Here’s an example of cannabis constantly building roots above the soil line

IMG_8508.jpeg

Have you documented this process? I can see this being extremely effective. Most plants I’ve grown, seem to dedicate a lot of energy to creating roots above the soil line even if it’s in vain.
It was the method of choice at RHS Wisley

I got baked and paranoid and pulled out one of the males from the room 🤣

Not sure what that was supposed to do since there’s another one in there. I’ll be putting it back but now I’m gonna make sure I mark the pollen so I know which male was the stressed one. Although to be fair, the plant shows little to no sign of stress and seems to be enjoying the dim bedroom light.

Back
Top Bottom