My First Grow & I'm Gonna Need Help Along The Way

Ya I found my sweet spot with the light it's about 28"-30" or so the two diesels seem stunted or something I don't know what's going on.and I know they dont have much longer until they do there thing...I actually germinated 2 more of the widows the genetics seem great

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile1900662363.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1757886917.jpg
420-magazine-mobile783895796.jpg

So time for a watering update, it's been 4 days since watering...this kind soil is obv a lot different than your standard growing. they recommend letting the pot dry completely before watering again. then when it come times to water I just p.h to 6.5 using earth juice crystals..watering until bottom of smart pot is wet or moist with out saturating or causing run off. So far all 3 I have been watering the same 1/2 gallon maybe a C hair more every 3 days this last feeding I waited 4 days it was hard but I did it lol.
Pretty consistent RH of 43 when it's night or day lights on and off
Temp gets a low of 77 degrees high of 82 throughout
Light cycle is on 20/4 that's what I started these autos on and they will finish that way any input good or not would be appreciated guys thanks

I still live for your lizard!!!! He's got such a cute shape!!! Cute little tummy! Luff him!!!!
It's been almost a week since I saturated upon transplant and my soil is still not 'completely dry' to my liking so I haven't watered yet. I've come to see that the plants will ask to be watered. They get this crispy smell first and then start showing the slight droop. I wait till this point to water. The high quality soils really take time to dry out and that gives the plant time to stretch its roots all the way to the water sitting in the bottom... even in those fabric pots. The only thing I would make sure to do that I don't see you mention is constantly rotate the plants both counter clockwise and in a rotation under the lamps. I rotate mine every 24 hours... in the middle of their light cycle. I find this Is especially important under leds given their varied par charts. This will not only create uniform growth up top but It will hopefully prevent any dry spots in your soil due to fans/lights/etc being ever so slightly inconsistent from spot to spot. I have read the fabric pots can be prone to dry spots so you definitely want to be shifting those around in some sort of pattern.
XxKitty

Your absolutely right CannaKitty I did leave that out,I find myself rotating them at least once a day as well. I'm always checking the rh and temps through my 2x2 window..but also not messing with them during there 4 hour sleep cycle. Like you said even with the smart pots it's kinda hard to tell when to water unless you know the exact weight when it's dry but even then right..I guess you just gotta see how that specific strain reacts I also try to write this shit down too because I would never remember..like I said before I waited 4 days between last watering always about a 1/2 gallon in each 5gal pot it did feel a little crispy all the way around and underneath before I watered but I should have gone another day ....also in order to keep my humidity where I want it to be about 40-45% I cannot run my filtration system even on low...kinda works out saving some power when they do start to stink I'll turn it on that's when I'll need the lower rh when flowering

Oh forgot to mention it's a bearded dragon named beardie lol it just stuck with her she says hello she ate about 80 large crickets earlier she's a little chunky and she's awesome almost a year old not done growing yet either she's about 18-19" from head to end of tail should end up about 22" or so we'll see ttyl thanks for the help so far you've helped me a lot

One quick thought if you have room in your tent and dont want to use a humidifier, use the wet towel in a pan method. I put about an inch or two in a 12 by 9 inch pan soak a medium-sized dish towel and it raises my rh 10-20% depending on how open i leave the vents.

I dont have inline fans or a filter yet so it works well for me, not sure how well it would work if you did. Also you need to change the towel every two or three days to avoid mold/mildew.

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yeah I have the one gallon pot of water filled about 1/2-3/4 with a rag hanging out acting as a wick..also a run off tray to catch any drips..my cool air humidifier works nice it's just the water reservoir isn't that big, on low it lasts maybe 8 hours on high half that. The rag trick seems to actually work a little better for what I need it for..again I'm not trying to raise rh all that much but it seems to be pretty consistent..also helps when u don't always have time to humidifier

Back
Top Bottom