Need advice: First time grower

Paulpoirier

Ok so very first grow. Setup is a 36x36x72 grow tent. Light is a NOAH-S 1000w led. Inline Vent is a 4 inches 189 CFM primegarden eith a carbon filter as intake. Also 6 inches oscillating fan.

Started my grow in promix soil in 1 Gal smartpots then transplanted in 5 Gal smartpots after about 20 days. Wanted to try coco so I transplanted one blueberry from soil to coco 50% perlite by gently remove most of dirt. Tried some different type of soil since its my very first time.

21 days from seed 1 auto bruce banner is in and will stay in 1gal pot with promix only with 2 handful of perlite. This one was started in jiffy 4 days after the others. Watering to runoff once every 4-5 days when inch top soil is dry. Using an ph perfect 3 parts at 1ml/L. Ph runoff of 6.2 and ec of 2900!?!? Normal? No nuteburns at all.

25 days from seeds, 1 auto blueberry is in a 5gal coco 50/50 perlite that I water to 20%-30% runoff once a day in the morning with 1.5ml/L AN ph perfect 3 parts, 0.5ml/l of calimagic that i put in first, and ph down to 5.8. That makes it to an Ec of 1323 and an ec runoff of 1327 this morning at ph 6.0.

25 days from seeds, 1 auto blueberry is in a 5gal with promix 50%, perlite/ wormcasting 25/25%. Added some perlite to cover top soil. Last time watered 5 days ago probably gonna need watering tomorrow morning. Takes too much time to dry imo and doesnt grow fast. Ph perfect 3 parts 1ml/L to date. Ph about 6.3. Didnt check runoff to date.

25 days from seeds, 1 auto brucebanner is in a 5 gal smartpot. Soil is mostly promix with about 20% perlite and 30% wormcasting. Drains slow like the other one. Days 24 while lst main stem broke but im keeping the plant for What it worths. Anyway its more like a trial run main idea was to keep 2 plants.

Temps at 22 C and rh at 55%. Switched from blue led to full spectrum red and blue this morning.

Id like to have some advices about anything you think would be helpful. Plants seems short and bushy i find it quite hard to lst Am I doing it right? Always kept light at 24 inches from the top since its vegging..

Add a floor fan to help smartpots to dry more quickly. Also put the pots on metal rack with trays under to help remove the runoff easily and aerate. Seems to help a bit.

Second pic Top left is auto bruce in 5 gal with broken stem. Top right is auto blueberry in 5 gal soil. Low left is auto blueberry in coco. Low right is auto bruce in 1 gal soil.

First pic was day 22 before lst. Never knew anything about growing but i like to read and take advices.

20191002_102820.jpg

20191005_114604.jpg

Hey welcome! Plants look healthy to me. Only tip I have is watering... I wouldn't worry about runoff readings. And it's likely too much water by sounds of it. The entire pot should basically be dry before watering again, not just top inch. They need a wet/dry cycle. I personally wouldn't use nearly enough water to get run off at your stage. (This advice is for ProMix.. Coco works different, and I'm not sure how)

Also don't know anything about LED lights sorry! Good luck :)

Welcome Paul to 420 magazine . Looks good in there to me ! As you say it’s an auto . Short and bushy is a good example!
Below on my post is a link for new members the helpful one. Go to frequently asked questions once you get there and ask away!
I’ve used big Bud the third week of flower!

Welcome to the forum Paul, letting the pots to dry out between watering is a good idea and this link will explain why.

Enjoy your grow. :thumb:

Wont a short plant like this result in a reduced yield? As im a complete noob, i find it hard to believe that there will be some places for flowers on them if theyre thight like a virgin lol. Nodes looks jam pack. Also when do you guys stop lst and let them strecht??
I top an auto before 21 days if it's growing well. Meaning there's 5 nodes of growth at least. After that all I do is manage the branches for a flat canopy. That's some learning you can find under LST light stress training on a search. I have 2 nodes today so I think mine are growing ok to be topped in a week or more.

Hey guys, here we are at day 31. Had some trouble with coco ec but everything cleared up with 2 times fertigation per day instead of one. Ec was spiking at 2000 even tho nutrients were given at 1200. So dropped to 1000 and 2 times per day solved it nicely runoff ec is now around 1100 after 2 days. Now I have some problem with one of my bruce banner. Soil isnt drying. Been 12 days since last watering ( at transplant) and still isnt bone dry. What do you guys suggest I should do? Nothing but letting it dry then water?

First pic is that bb not drying. Also I catched 2 fungus gnats with those yellow sticky. I have put them because of soil taking too long to dry, read that it can cause fungus gnats so better prevent spreading of those bastards.
20191012_091329.jpg
20191012_091342.jpg
20191011_192920.jpg

Lower right is blueberry in coco. Look at how faster it is growing than the other upper left blueberry in soil. Both were same size before transplant. I suppose coco is better suited for me.

20191011_192908.jpg

You guys think im on the right track? Im gonna start bigbud on day 35 also. Is that allright?

Hey guys, here we are at day 31. Had some trouble with coco ec but everything cleared up with 2 times fertigation per day instead of one. Ec was spiking at 2000 even tho nutrients were given at 1200. So dropped to 1000 and 2 times per day solved it nicely runoff ec is now around 1100 after 2 days. Now I have some problem with one of my bruce banner. Soil isnt drying. Been 12 days since last watering ( at transplant) and still isnt bone dry. What do you guys suggest I should do? Nothing but letting it dry then water?
Well I'd put enough water on top of the soil to soak in but not sink all the way down. Just enough to nourish the roots on top while the bottom dries out. Then get wet/dry schedule going when you can. There's a link on watering in my sig below on watering properly that really works and worth the read. Edit: I see I offered it already.

Well I'd put enough water on top of the soil to soak in but not sink all the way down. Just enough to nourish the roots on top while the bottom dries out. Then get wet/dry schedule going when you can. There's a link on watering in my sig below on watering properly that really works and worth the read. Edit: I see I offered it already.
Yes I did read it after last watering but wasnt watering properly / not enough perlite in soil. I am now watering properly but waiting for that one to dry... so how much water would you give for that one. Like 1 L?

First pic is that bb not drying. Also I catched 2 fungus gnats with those yellow sticky. I have put them because of soil taking too long to dry, read that it can cause fungus gnats so better prevent spreading of those bastards.
20191012_091329.jpg
20191012_091342.jpg
20191011_192920.jpg
You might want to treat for fungus gnats with one or more things one at a time. Neem, Hydrogen peroxide, Safers garden dust, and keeping a fan at soil level all help.

Back
Top Bottom