Nicky's Garden: Perpetual Grow Journal

I see your starting to suffer with creep Nicky, your now up to three plants :D .

Haha, yes I know. I almost started to plan for another plant as well, but I will have to wait until September. I almost started one of your CBD seeds. But knowing myself I wouldn't be surprised if I soon have another few little ones going...
I don't expect much of Dark Devil 1 though. She might die or become a midget in best case.

I just cooked 45 grams of Gorilla Glue buds in the oven. Let's see how this afternoon will turn out, I've sampled 3 grams for now...

Seeing someone take nearly 2 oz of one of the tastiest strains available today and ruin [put] it in the oven. I mean, I get processing stems/fans/biomatter/trim or if you have some condition that prevents smoking. But to toss two ounces of gorilla glue in the oven .... :rip: :oops::eek::thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake:

Also, my brain cant process having so much pot that you feel comfortable baking your weed. Doesnt it vape off some of the THC and most of the terpines?

And I cant lie. Part of me is jealous. I wish I had that much weed laying around that I never wanted to smoke.

Seeing someone take nearly 2 oz of one of the tastiest strains available today and ruin [put] it in the oven. I mean, I get processing stems/fans/biomatter/trim or if you have some condition that prevents smoking. But to toss two ounces of gorilla glue in the oven .... :rip: :oops::eek::thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake:

Also, my brain cant process having so much pot that you feel comfortable baking your weed. Doesnt it vape off some of the THC and most of the terpines?

And I cant lie. Part of me is jealous. I wish I had that much weed laying around that I never wanted to smoke.

I hear you, brother. But no need to worry about me wasting anything, I've got plenty and then some of all kinds of different strains to enjoy in every possible way I can think of. I'll try to put your mind at ease.
I recently harvested about 500 grams of gorilla glue, plus a few kilos of other delicious strains. I have way more than I can possibly consume, in any way you'd prefer, before it gets old.
This is not all of the gorilla buds that are left after today's cooking session. I have one more container of gorilla together with a whole bunch of other delicious strains. I can cook a 1000 grams of bud, and I'd still have loads of bud to enjoy in other ways. Besides, the gorilla tastes really well when just eating it. Eating 3 grams saves me from coughing from the vaporiser or the reefers for quite a few hours. Topping it up with another 3 grams after a couple of hours and I've got most of the day covered. This is heavy dosage though - be warned. I can't be bothered cooking something with it, I just crumble it up with my fingers and add a spoon of olive oil and half a teaspoon of lecithin. Then I just mix it and chew it really well. The taste is not bad at all. I believe you waste more of the weed if you smoke it. Most get burnt to carbon, and only 30% of the THC will reach the lungs.

I started training of the 2 upper branches of Banana today

These chairs provide some shading for the little ones during the worst hours of the day. I had 29 degrees C in the bedroom last night. In the middle of the day in direct sun light it gets very very hot.

He's giving it the oven treatment to decarboxylate the THCA and turn it into THC. Thats what happens to some degree when bud is combusted or vaped, where some THCA is converted into THC which makes us high. Otherwise in the raw state it wont do much for us as there is no THC only THCA. But baking it for the right time and temperature will convert the THCA to THC and we can then best absorb it on eating by mixing it with some oil and emulsifier. So it isn't wasting it, just another way to enjoy our favorite herb!:hookah:

He's giving it the oven treatment to decarboxylate the THCA and turn it into THC. Thats what happens to some degree when bud is combusted or vaped, where some THCA is converted into THC which makes us high. Otherwise in the raw state it wont do much for us as there is no THC only THCA. But baking it for the right time and temperature will convert the THCA to THC and we can then best absorb it on eating by mixing it with some oil and emulsifier. So it isn't wasting it, just another way to enjoy our favorite herb!:hookah:
I know how it works and I dont believe that it doesnt waste a portion.

I'm making bubbles today. I've collected the trim from 20 plants that filled a paper grocery bag, and today I finally got some ice. It's a 12 strain combo, so hopefully it'll turn out to be some tasty hash.

The hash is amazing! I've only tried the lower quality yet, but it rocks! It filled balloon after balloon with vape and the taste was surprisingly better than when vaping buds.
The good stuff on the plate to the right.

The good stuff. It took forever to drain the water through the bag, so I left it over night - bad decision. The hash caked and stuck to the mesh in the bag. I had to work it off using a spoon and more water.

Banana at day 28. I put a second pair of clips on the upper branches.

Dark Devil 1 is looking alright at day 12. She seems to be recovering slowly...

Dark Devil 2 at day 5. She's having a rough start with very strong winds. She should get a nice thick stem though.

I found bugs on Banana today, and I gave her good spray of Tec-Fort. I hope that helps. I might start using neem.
I think I might have stunted Dark Devil 2 a fair bit today. I was going to turn her pot due to strong winds, and the not so careful turning of the fabric pot created an earth quake that ripped the soil apart right along where it's growing. I must have caused massive trauma to her tiny little roots.

Hey Nicky,

Looks like you've been having a busy time.

Love the training your doing on that Banana. Those clips look super handy.

The hash looks amazing, well worth the effort I'd say. You must be well pleased.

I've had problems with those bugs too. I found water with a small amount of isopropyl alcohol, and Dr Bronners soap did the trick. I blasted most of them off with the spray, and the mix did the rest. Been trying to use the same treatment as a preventative. With mixed results, mainly because I forget to apply :laugh:.

:Namaste:

Hey Nicky,

Looks like you've been having a busy time.

Love the training your doing on that Banana. Those clips look super handy.

The hash looks amazing, well worth the effort I'd say. You must be well pleased.

I've had problems with those bugs too. I found water with a small amount of isopropyl alcohol, and Dr Bronners soap did the trick. I blasted most of them off with the spray, and the mix did the rest. Been trying to use the same treatment as a preventative. With mixed results, mainly because I forget to apply :laugh:.

:Namaste:

Hey Piña!
Yes, those clips are some of my best friends. I put another couple on the lower branches just now.
Buy them if you see them, they're called Plant Bends. I need to look for a couple of new packs as well. Let me know if you see them.

The highest quality hash is yet to be tried. You are welcome to try some with me.
I got 11 grams of the really good stuff, and 6 grams of the better stuff. :goof: If I had known how to treat my bags I would have got a better yield. They're now cleaned in alcohol and as good as new.

I'm interested in that soap. Do you know where I can get some?
My treatment seems to have removed them as well, but I'll redo it again tomorrow to be safe. Then I'll keep an eye on them, and I'd preferably do something preventative.

Banana has been trained heavily lately. I used twist ties on the 2 upper branches today, and I also removed 4 of the upper fan leaves that blocked branches below. That will also slow down those 4 side branches that are currently the tallest on the plant to allow lower branches to catch up.

The 2 Dark Devils look ok, hopefully Dark Devil 2 will recover after the earth quake. I had to give her some support for the strong winds we've had lately.

Back
Top Bottom