Nicky's Garden: Perpetual Grow Journal

isopropyl alcohol i use , but im thinking of trying to distil that everclear , ive seen a video where you just buy cheap vodka and distil it over again a few times , ive a new way i make oils and claim 70/80% back so its not a big problem now with costs plus its safer than burning it off and can be done indoors for most part

I wonder if I might be able to buy isopropyl alcohol here. @Piña Delores , we should work out what we've got to work with here.

Hey,
sorry got some bad news, unless someone else can correct me.

Here in Spain all the isopropyl alcohol I can find has 0.056% Benzalkonium Chloride added to it. No bueno.

Personally I wouldn't want to use Iso for edibles anyway.

What we need is Ethanol and that is hard to come by.

Strongest booze I've found is some Austrian Rum called "Stroh 80", which comes in at 80%vol. It is horrible, really horrible, and not really strong enough for a tincture. It's foul taste prevents it's use as an nice weed laced drink. Seriously this stuff is so bad, and I'm not a fussy drinker :) .

I think you can make a weed laced drink with any spirit, with a long enough soak. The stronger the spirit the better, but it's not going work like a tincture. I'm thinking about doing a bottle of Pussers Gunpowder Proof Rum for Xmas, as that seems to be the strongest spirit I can find that has any hope of being palatable.

The only other thing I've found off the shelf is MCT oil. It's an extra refined coconut oil, that doesn't taste or smell of coconut. I've not tried it yet, but I expect it will extract like coconut oil. So again won't work as a tincture. Plus it's about 4x the price of plain coconut oil.

Sadly that's all I've got.

:Namaste:

Hey,
sorry got some bad news, unless someone else can correct me.

Here in Spain all the isopropyl alcohol I can find has 0.056% Benzalkonium Chloride added to it. No bueno.

Personally I wouldn't want to use Iso for edibles anyway.

What we need is Ethanol and that is hard to come by.

Strongest booze I've found is some Austrian Rum called "Stroh 80", which comes in at 80%vol. It is horrible, really horrible, and not really strong enough for a tincture. It's foul taste prevents it's use as an nice weed laced drink. Seriously this stuff is so bad, and I'm not a fussy drinker :) .

I think you can make a weed laced drink with any spirit, with a long enough soak. The stronger the spirit the better, but it's not going work like a tincture. I'm thinking about doing a bottle of Pussers Gunpowder Proof Rum for Xmas, as that seems to be the strongest spirit I can find that has any hope of being palatable.

The only other thing I've found off the shelf is MCT oil. It's an extra refined coconut oil, that doesn't taste or smell of coconut. I've not tried it yet, but I expect it will extract like coconut oil. So again won't work as a tincture. Plus it's about 4x the price of plain coconut oil.

Sadly that's all I've got.

:Namaste:

Hahaha, that Stroh rum is very horrible indeed. I drank "Hot Chinese" when I was skiing. It's Stroh rum with hot orange juice. Not as bad as you'd think, and very very potent. That gun powder drink you're planning for sounds like it could be potent as well.
Did you end up trying using glycerine?
I wish I still had my old distiller. Then we could've got us some 96% ethanol.

Banana got a slight defoliation today on her day 48.

Both Dark Devils started to flower yesterday. DD1 on day 31, and DD2 on day 24. A bit too soon for DD2 for me to be really happy, but they'll both be small. I'm glad I've got 2. :goof:

Dark Devil 1 day 32

Dark Devil 1 flower

Dark Devil 2 day 25

Dark Devil 2 flower

is this a banana blaze ? doing one my self but it is stretchy compared to yours lol , its starting to fill the buds now as i had to tie them yesterday

It's Zamnesia's Banana. It's the first time I'm growing their strains, and so far this lady is impressing me.

ahhh ok , ive a banana blaze , she got lanky but filling , shes making me want to fire another seed in as i bought 7 and tried one , the branches are starting to look like ferrets are growing :laugh: ill grab a pic..... i had to top the top bud to as she went to the light so shes deformed also , this is why i didnt even add to my journal , thought it was a total loss

the rest of my girls , there is a hps running this is why they look a tad off colour but they are nice and green

P1080793.JPG

Banana Blaze , lol , these autos do surprise, i had to tie buds up with stretchy string , they are being weighed down

P1080788.JPGP1080790.JPGP1080791.JPGP1080792.JPG

the rest of my girls , there is a hps running this is why they look a tad off colour but they are nice and green

Banana Blaze , lol , these autos do surprise, i had to tie buds up with stretchy string , they are being weighed down

That Banana Blaze looks nice.

I get weak branches, too, if I don't top my plants. When topped while young they grow into much shorter sturdier plants with branches that can hold heavier buds.

ps that is super glue the black on my fingers LOL:cheesygrinsmiley: i was making them little sticky traps to see if there was gnats about, just yellow cards with vaseline

Cool! Does that work with vaseline instead of glue? I hate those sticky traps. I always get glue on my fingers and on everything else...

A little update on the garden. It's a bit less hot now, only about 32 C... The heat makes the girls drink heaps. They get dry in no time.

Banana at day 57. She's 70 cm tall now and she's building bulk in preparation for flowering. I can't wait to see her in flower, there will be so much buds!

The Dark Devils are doing great. Here at day 11 of flower. DD1 is a bit light in colour, and I've added some nutes to their feed. They're both starting to show some purple colours.

Banana started to flower today:

The Dark Devils are going well. The buds smell amazing already at day 15 of flower. Very sweet, fruity, candy like smell.

The little Dark Devils are almost ready to be harvested. They smell incredibly good.

Banana is doing well. Here at day 20 of flowering. She's starting to show some trichomes and she's developing a very nice tropical smell.

Back
Top Bottom