Northern Lights Auto: Budget LED & First Grow

Day 54: Flush them all! Back build one!

Even after dealing back my nutes, I was still having troubles with burn. They haven't been burned really bad, but I'm worried I was approaching some kind of lock out. As I had never flushed these beauties, I figured it might be a good idea.

I ph'd the water to 5.8 and dumped about 20L through each one. My problem cam when my run off wouldnt get lower than 6.3. It was at that point I decided to stop and consult you fine folks. Should I have kept flushing until it read 5.8? I figured my promix had a ph of its own that I couldn't get lower than 6.4.

After that adventure, I decided to try some back building on Moss.

Before:
IMG_009784.JPG

After:
IMG_010378.JPG

Here is a pic of the trichomes:
IMG_0102.PNG

Moss:
IMG_009693.JPG

Peterson and Favre are both just forming buds, so no exciting pics yet.

:Namaste:

In ProMix, my goal is to feed at a pH range of 6.3-6.8 with a goal of 6.5. You'll find quite a debate on if you should treat ProMix as soil or hydro here on the forums. I find with my nutes that it works best treating it more like soil. ProMix does have some buffers in it to assist with balancing pH.

I will let you know right now that it is a transcending joyous life altering feeling for your first few bowls. Then randomly after you get stoned and couchlocked from your amazing product you remember where your buzz came from and that oh so familiar feeling of joy creeps back up in your soul. I'm still in that stage and it's been a couple weeks or so now.

In ProMix, my goal is to feed at a pH range of 6.3-6.8 with a goal of 6.5. You'll find quite a debate on if you should treat ProMix as soil or hydro here on the forums. I find with my nutes that it works best treating it more like soil. ProMix does have some buffers in it to assist with balancing pH.

Ya I'm really having issues finding something definitive on this... I have been sticking to the hydro recommendation but next time I'll flip it to your range to see.

I will let you know right now that it is a transcending joyous life altering feeling for your first few bowls. Then randomly after you get stoned and couchlocked from your amazing product you remember where your buzz came from and that oh so familiar feeling of joy creeps back up in your soul. I'm still in that stage and it's been a couple weeks or so now.

LOL, dude I can't wait. I did some back building last night and kept the cuts, it's not much and they arent ready but I'll smoke it!

Idk about it's affect for autos but it's said to have nice benefits for photos. The desired effect is lollipop buds rather than donkey dong buds. I am way too new to attempt that yet. My crop has been tampered with enough. Maybe next time. I got 10 fresh ones in my growing field right now. About 17 of the 50 on my first grow are harvested. I'm embarrassed to say how much i got off 17 plants but let's just say it isn't enough. This next generation of 50 will be much better. Keep an eye out

Day 64: Back from the loss....

Sorry guys, got a bit off track after that horrendous Vikings loss.

Let's forget that, and get back to what's important... my garden.

I decided to take them out from the blurple for a photo shoot.

As you can see, since adding AN Big Bud I getting a bit of burn. As a result of the burning I dialled the nutes way back, to slightly under half.

Moss: Trichomes are beginning to get milky, so my plan is to swap off Big Bud to Overdrive next week.
IMG_010466.JPG

IMG_010569.JPG

Peterson: I came so close to culling this one, so glad I didn't.
IMG_010667.JPG

IMG_010868.JPG

Favre: The nodes on this guy are so stacked... looking forward to some big colas
IMG_010973.JPG

IMG_011070.JPG

Day 70:

What are the thoughts out there on these trichomes? Likely have to zoom on your own.
D9B6BBD7-46E7-4884-A05E-13698A21C9A8.jpeg
7246E582-52D7-4D9F-B093-352BBF9ED75E.jpeg
1AC8BB09-8C53-481C-B280-51926EAA0EEA.jpeg
I see a few amber and some cloudy but mostly clear. My NL AUTO never really did finish as far as the trichomes go. If you keep letting her go she'll keep getting bigger tho. I chopped mine when there were no white pistols left bc they can go up to 120+ days if ya let em.

Looking good. I too am keeping a close eye on trics. I've learnt that once a few start to go amber its time to start considering harvest. I also look at the "hairs". Being inexperienced I thought my plant was near done a few days ago. Boy was I wrong. I also learnt that buds will fatten during the last week or two and that's what's happening to mine. You may not think this but I would say your plant is a month at least away from harvest.

Day 70:

What are the thoughts out there on these trichomes? Likely have to zoom on your own.
D9B6BBD7-46E7-4884-A05E-13698A21C9A8.jpeg
7246E582-52D7-4D9F-B093-352BBF9ED75E.jpeg
1AC8BB09-8C53-481C-B280-51926EAA0EEA.jpeg
Got some time left fo sho. You don't want any clear left on there. Could probably easily go another couple weeks. My current ones are still about a week away from chop and I'm fighting the urge to put 'em in the chop box so hard. Your buds are looking good, but give them a little more time and they'll be looking great!

What percentage of amber are you shooting for? I personally like a body high so shoot for 30-40% amber.

From the point you see all cloudy it can move quickly 1-2 days to the desired amber and other strains seem to take 10 days to 2 weeks. It is best when getting to seeing some amber to check daily. Good news is the more often you look the more familiar you will get with your Trichomes.

A couple things I have learned is that you want to look at the Calyx on the bloom not the leaf. The leaf will start showing amber before the bud is ripe. Also plants don't ripen all at the same time, my experience is they start at the top and starting maturing down. On my last grow I did a staggered harvest over a couple of days to allow the lower buds to ripen to the level I wanted.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

Back
Top Bottom