Post Your Polyploids

It’s not a polyploid, just a mutation in the gene pool popping up.
What is difference between polyploid and that what I have? For me it looks like polyploid when I compare pictures from internet. At least one branch looks like polyploid but the rest are like regular and there is one more that look like polyploid but more similar to Fasciation. Just compared pics from internet too. I'm new in growing cannabis. Would be great if you could tell me visual differences between those two. Thanks :)

A normal cannabis plant has 2 chromosomes but polyploids have 3 or more chromosomes. Polyploidy can be induced by treating seeds with a chemical called Colchicine but only one or two seeds out of a thousand will survive treatment. Colchicine has been known for damaging DNA in humans. In nature polyploidy is extremely rare. The best example I can give is Andre the Giant, he was diagnosed with having 3 chromosomes. I haven’t seen anything that proves cannabis can have the polyploidy mutation.

A normal cannabis plant has 2 chromosomes but polyploids have 3 or more chromosomes. Polyploidy can be induced by treating seeds with a chemical called Colchicine but only one or two seeds out of a thousand will survive treatment. Colchicine has been known for damaging DNA in humans. In nature polyploidy is extremely rare. The best example I can give is Andre the Giant, he was diagnosed with having 3 chromosomes. I haven’t seen anything that proves cannabis can have the polyploidy mutation.
That I have already road accept one or two seeds from thousand will survive colchicine. That's why I'm asking about visual differences. If you don't believe that polyploid can appear in cannabis what about other post in this forum about polyploids, they are also with Fasciation mutation?
By The way this plant sprouted with tree leaves, kind of.

Attachments

• IMG_20200125_130115.jpg
    IMG_20200125_130115.jpg
    830 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_20200125_130104.jpg
    IMG_20200125_130104.jpg
    831.6 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_20200124_202936.jpg
    IMG_20200124_202936.jpg
    829.5 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_20200122_133020.jpg
    IMG_20200122_133020.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 264
  • IMG_20200112_123922.jpg
    IMG_20200112_123922.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 248
The tri leaves might be because of more nodes for buds to form at. But I can’t see any advantage to fasciation other than it looks cool.
In my opinion she is more healthy that other plant I have in tent, basically she didin't have real issues yet. Canopy is in the same level without toping or doing giving any stress to her. Metabolism is great, big juicy buds, super fast development in other words.
Anyways don't reject your opinion it might be you are right and it's fasciation but I hope you are wrong at its beneficial, anyway I would like to have seeds with same genetic pool. Never heard of Fasciation before, now I know something new, thanks for sharing it with me :)

You can look it up, fairly common in other plants.
I checked it already and compared with mine, as I said one branch with 3 tops looks like Fasciation case but the rest looks like polyploid in my opinion. Im new wit it. That's why I asked what is visual differences between those two :)

I grew out more than 1 polyploid and have experimented with cloning as well as seed making.

Gonna get about 1-2% mutation in all dicots. It's something that Mendel tossed out but at least he noted it.

Cannabis isn't any different than other plants in this regard.

My tri-leafed plant that I had documented here, exhibited high metabolism along with other interesting traits that I've been able to pass along with clones. Seedlings are showing signs of the same fast metabolism.

The 3 leaflets is also a trait of fasciation.

Fasciation can be caused by different factors some are bacterial and some can be hormonal (at the meristem) and some can be genetic.

@Deivid plant showing some signs of faciation on just a few tops and not all is likely caused by a hormonal or bacteria issue at the bud sight (meristem). It could spread to all the tops. If it was a genetic thing it would show the fasciation on all parts of the plant from seedling on... Thats how I understand this.

Polyploid is genetics gone wild with several copies of the dna/rna. Is my understanding and fairly common (1-2%) in the plant world.

a few examples are:

Durham Wheat
6 row barley (instead of 2 row).

Well not sure yet. We made seeds and now just sprouting. I do have it crossed with another strain and running those seed. They are growing at least 2x faster than the other seeds I have going along with them. They just popped up and grew like 5" in a solo cup since last week. Already up potted 1 with the purple stem.

These are my Strawberry Desiel babies. They were planted from seeds 3 weeks ago today. The big one is a poly with 3 branches at each node and is growing at an amazing rate. Last week, it had fan leaves bigger than my hand. The other one is already showing her pre-flowering hairs.

Attachments

• 20200421_024417.jpg
    20200421_024417.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 109
  • 20200421_024313.jpg
    20200421_024313.jpg
    409.5 KB · Views: 107
  • 20200409_134620.jpg
    20200409_134620.jpg
    381.4 KB · Views: 111
Part of the polyploid thing can be increased plant metabolism. So this will change the breeders harvest window by a fair bit.

Take side lower branch clones. Thank me later.

Looks great for 3 weeks!

GL with her.

I'll start off with the pictures I've taken of mine. She's in flower right now as I wasn't aware what this was at first. Had I known probably would not have put her to flower yet.

This is my example of a hexaploid, (6 sets of chromosomes!

The first two pictures are pre-flower.
Check out the flat stem that is an inch wide and an 1/8"-1/4" thick. Bizarre.
And last but not least check out the crazy bud formation. 6-in-1.

This is so crazy. Thank you for the enlightenment

Hello friends,

My first grow contains a tetraploid.
I received some free sativa landraces, these seeds must have been hecka old, one sunk immediately, one really hates nutrients, one couldn't hack the PH and ceased growing, and the last and only healthy one is a tetraploid. 4 branches per node.
Strain is either Swazi or Zambezi Gold.

When i topped her, she shot 3 more branches out the topping wound, none of which received enough light to become colas but had I taken more care I would have gotten 7 colas from one snip.
tetraploid.jpg

Kind of interesting that the 4 branch nodes still alternate so they don't directly overlap each other (N,E,S,W -> NE,SE,SW,NW)

Sorry, if this isn't a tetraploid what exactly is it?

Back
Top Bottom