Psychoactive Mushrooms & Cacti Discussion

@JohnnieJC3 I think I might b in trouble with the pot that was almost finished it is now taking forever to grow,,is it stalling, can I take it out an put straight into fruiting conditions without the dunk and roll ?
20210409_081043.jpg

Thats all that's left in whole tub today
20210330_112322.jpg

And this is what it looked like a couple of weeks ago
:passitleft:

The mycelium looks dark in the first picture... like a Contamination. The second picture looks contaminated too, probably Wet Spot(Upper Right(ish) Corner where the white meets the BRF). You could ride it out to see what it does, but I wouldn't try to fruit that with the center uncolonized. Is the top of the cake colonized or is it the same all the way through the BRF?

The one that stalled never restarted so that one is fucked ,,the tub that took ages to start has got loads of water in it but the mycelium is really thick an solid looking except the overly wet area

The one that stalled never restarted so that one is fucked ,,the tub that took ages to start has got loads of water in it but the mycelium is really thick an solid looking except the overly wet area
Lol, dump any standing water... it is a breeding ground for bacteria... you should probably read up on sterile techniques so you don’t hurt yourself or a friend brother, your playing with some serious fire. I’m not trying to scare you just don’t wanna hear about you getting sick...

I've had trays in the Martha pool up with water(too much humidity dialing in) and I just dumped them off no problem and dialed down the humidity. You have cakes that you will dunk and roll anyway, I wouldn't be worried(as long as the mycelium looks good and completely colonized).

Lol, dump any standing water... it is a breeding ground for bacteria... you should probably read up on sterile techniques so you don’t hurt yourself or a friend brother, your playing with some serious fire. I’m not trying to scare you just don’t wanna hear about you getting sick...
@Enjoil
@Enjoil Lol, dump any standing water... it is a breeding ground for bacteria... you should probably read up on sterile techniques so you don't hurt yourself or a friend brother, your playing with some serious fire. I'm not trying to scare you just wanna hear about you getting sick..
Is this based on experience... OR just something you read about someone else doing. What exactly do you think he's going to grow out to harm him? Either your growing the intended mushroom or it's discard, NO in between and it's not like a Death Cap or Destroying Angel is going to magically appear in the sub. Please don't spread fear... he's not foraging for mushrooms which IS Dangerous if you don't know what you are doing.

Is this based on experience... OR just something you read about someone else doing. What exactly do you think he's going to grow out to harm him? Either your growing the intended mushroom or it's discard, NO in between and it's not like a Death Cap or Destroying Angel is going to magically appear in the sub. Please don't spread fear... he's not foraging for mushrooms which IS Dangerous if you don't know what you are doing.
You definitely don’t want your substrate sitting in standing water bro. Trust me bro. How did life start? In water right? Idk maybe botulism or something crazy.... I’m not saying a completely different deadly mushroom grow, I’m saying you are going to open yourself up to contamination. Please don’t spread fear, ha ha.whatever. It looks like you haven’t saved a tub from a little tiny contam. Or used some spawn that was... questionable. It sounds like you don’t know what’s up for real for real, but I’m here to help not argue with people...

I've had trays in the Martha pool up with water(too much humidity dialing in) and I just dumped them off no problem and dialed down the humidity. You have cakes that you will dunk and roll anyway, I wouldn't be worried(as long as the mycelium looks good and completely colonized).
Good that’s exactly what you should have done. I guess this other guy wants you to way way over saturate you substrate. Ha ha.

I just wanted to add, that mushrooms can grow out off water.... In Georgia when I was a kid my cousin took me to a catfish pond and that’s where the cows go to drink so they poop in the water. Well when we went there was hundreds of mushrooms and some were even coming out of the pond through the poo! It was so magical! Great time! Long story short my dumbass crashes a quad into a tree! Lol, it wasn’t my fault! Ha ha

You definitely don’t want your substrate sitting in standing water bro. Trust me bro. How did life start? In water right? Idk maybe botulism or something crazy.... I’m not saying a completely different deadly mushroom grow, I’m saying you are going to open yourself up to contamination. Please don’t spread fear, ha ha.whatever. It looks like you haven’t saved a tub from a little tiny contam. Or used some spawn that was... questionable. It sounds like you don’t know what’s up for real for real, but I’m here to help not argue with people...

@Enjoil You definitely don't want your substrate sitting in standing water bro. Trust me bro. How did life start? In water right? Idk maybe botulism or something crazy.... I'm not saying a completely different deadly mushroom grow, I'm saying you are going to open yourself up to contamination. Please don't spread fear, ha ha,whatever. It looks like you haven't saved a tub from a little tiny contam. Or used some spawn that was... questionable. It sounds like you don't know what's up for real for real, but I'm here to help not argue with people...

The point was(or IS)... even sitting in water for a short period of time will NOT contaminate the surface or the Sub. That same tray is on it's 4th flush and still going. My posts and pictures speak for themselves, what have you grown or contributed to this thread other than "BE CAREFUL" those scary mushrooms might GET you conspiracy theory.

I don't need to SAVE a Cube Sub friend(I have more than I need), they are Super easy to grow. I do however have a P.E Sub experiment that was too thick and trich'd out(small spot) from lack of air and sub density. I cased it with some recycled soil outside and it's killing it. I also have old blocks that were in the Martha that are doing well outside for experimental purposes. HUGE King Oysters, some freebie Chestnuts and Shiitakes.

The fact that you are talking about Cakes and a SGFC tells me everything I need to know(and using suspect spawn). I'm not one to judge, but don't act like you are on MY level. You clearly ARE NOT! I speak from Practical experience... NEVER from what someone else has done or DID. Talking about being careful... and using "suspect spawn"... STRAIGHT 🤦

Finally when checking my cake
20210421_092902.jpg
20210421_092845.jpg

Now just gotta hope I don't fuck up this close to finish line, decided to use the "fruiting bag that came with the tubs

You're looking good, you see how some of your stipes are a little yellow(instead of bright white), now is the time to Fan them, they will be mature in a day or two. It's FAST from here friend. Otherwise, those pins/toads look healthy. Make sure the cake doesn't dry out, which with the minimal yellowing it's doubtful it's a too dry situation and I would Fan a couple times(they love FAE at this stage). Those babies will turn out nice size. All the Best. :volcano-smiley:

They lookin so good and so close
20210424_053859.jpg

Tonight or in the morning??lol gotta admit I'm loving this part of the grow

Told you friend, it's SO fast once you have nice Pins. You are going to wake up to a wonderful surprise. It never gets old watching them grow OH SO Fast! Beautiful fruits, you are on Auto Pilot Now. :meditate:

I've never done cakes but IMO, your Pinset is pretty solid for BRF. I use Rice Bran, mycelium just love it.

And onto second flush
20210428_112048.jpg

With the tub that stalled I opened it up and cleaned the mycelium chunks that had formed I cleaned under tap water then gave em a 12 hour dunk ,,and
20210427_113019.jpg
20210428_055456.jpg

Not bad for scraps that most would just bin

Back
Top Bottom