Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2018

Hello and Welcome to my small medical cannabis grow project for this year. In December of last year I hybridized two strains and created a new strain, harvested the seeds, and stored in the fridge for 2 months and then induced germination of the F1 generation.

The strains I hybridized:

I took the Ultra Dawg (the Italian boom pheno) male and pollinated old-school Maui Waui (Nirvana) female mother to produce the hybrid offspring (Ultra Dawg x Maui Waui, which I will probably call "Ultra Waui" or "Ultra Wowie").

These seeds recently sprouted and are looking good! 8/15 germination rate so far (53.3%). Very interested to see what these grow into.

I will also be using this F1 generation to hunt for strong phenotypes and males that I will use to back-cross my last Ultra Dawg mother, as well as a special plant I got lucky with the germination of the last seed which gave me a female (Underdawg, Special Unknown #1 x NYCD x CHEM91). Thus, I will use these Ultra Waui hybrids to:

A) Back-cross into a Ultra Dawg boom pheno mother (to stabilize a selected phenotype from the F1 group), the thing about this is that to make the original offspring, I pollinated a Maui Waui mother with an UltraDawg male. So the Maui Waui female flower traits are somewhat preserved. However, with the back-cross, I will take the MALE Ultra Waui's and pollinate a FEMALE Ultra Dawg, this should really enhance the genetic diversity for the hybrid.
(the mother which I have taken 3 clones and rooted them)

B) Use the Ultra Waui males to pollinate the final female Underdawg to create the "Ultra Waui x Underdawg" strain.
[the last of the Underdawg, this is a female, very lucky on this germination. Plant was fimmed/trained to promote branching)

At the end, I hope to have a stabilized Ultra Waui (back-crossed) with the selected/desired phenos, and create the new strain "Ultra Waui x Underdawg"

Good evening weed to you Lester. Been a long time since I've here and here you have a new journal. Things are looking good. How that buddy of yours that wonders around your yard. Hope all is good your way.

Bill

Nice breeding project.

Watching - Page 1

Thank you Rado, I'm really proud of the new hybrid. Really excited to see what it tastes like.

Off to the rodeo

GL and Keepem Green

Indeed!

Good evening weed to you Lester. Been a long time since I've here and here you have a new journal. Things are looking good. How that buddy of yours that wonders around your yard. Hope all is good your way.

Bill

Aloha Bill! Wow, long time no see on here. Thanks for stopping by. Methuselah is still doing his thing ;) Hope all is good your way too buddy.

Here are a few pics on the progress. The seedlings are going a little slow, but they'll take off when the weather warms up. Did some LST on the Underdawg and Ultradawg, and the clones have grown a little. Other than that, just trucking along.

full

full

full

full

Hope all is well in everyone's neck of the woods :)

Small update, the Ultradawg is about to start flowering (may have to catch her before she revegs later and force flower, but for now I'm letting her do her thing). And the Ultra Waui regular growing seedlings, a couple of nice phenos are taking shape.

Ultradawg mother

And in case people are wondering why the plant is starting to flower in late May, it's because she was vegged on 18/6 for her entire life, so when she was released, there's so much less light she's tricked into initiating flowering, even when the daylight hours are increasing.

Those are some nice looking seedlings. Happy outdoors.

Do you have any clones mixed in?

Thanx Rado :), Nah, no clones mixed in.

I'm still vegging the Ultradawg clones in the veg tent, until they themselves are ready to clone from, and release.

A few update pics:

Real happy with a couple of my Ultra Waui's, really growing nice now. Responded well to fimming and LST. These are both females.

Here are the other Ultra Waui's who got stunted and required special nutrients, they are currently bouncing back slowly. I will grow these separately most likely and allow for some pollination, or use to select males and phenos

And here is that Ultradawg mother that I am force flowering. She is going really fast. Glad I cloned this plant.

Here's a little update on some of the latest progress. The two Ultra Waui females are doing fantastic. Some of the most happy and healthy specimens I've had in awhile. Must be that F1 generation fresh hybrid vigor.

Ultra Waui #1

Ultra Waui #2

The flowering Ultradawg (boom pheno) is going really fast, and it's incredibly potent trichome production. Also starting to see some coloration, signature of those Dawgs. She is being force flowered, for awhile now.

Back
Top Bottom