Run to waste

Bigoz5114

Hey guys and girls looking to see if I can get a few pictures and ideas of what people’s run off set ups look like for multiple indoor plants for peoole using run to waste in coco

Im pissed off dealing with waste so I've just got a pump and im gonna put my 10 L fabric pots over a 20l reservoir and turn them into a recirculating system.
Need a couple wee plastic bits to stick tubes together then im good to go.
Much easier than dealing with the run off. No more hand feeding iether, just put the pump on a timer :)

Im pissed off dealing with waste so I've just got a pump and im gonna put my 10 L fabric pots over a 20l reservoir and turn them into a recirculating system.
Need a couple wee plastic bits to stick tubes together then im good to go.
Much easier than dealing with the run off. No more hand feeding iether, just put the pump on a timer :)
recirculating back into the pots ??? . I am curious about this way but have been dubious because of runnoff toxicity after sitting in the coco then washing through to the res. I thought this was why dtw was such a common way ?. would ph go out quickly too ?. am only asking barney , not having a dig.

Hey guys and girls looking to see if I can get a few pictures and ideas of what people’s run off set ups look like for multiple indoor plants for peoole using run to waste in coco

I don't currently run coco drain to waste. I used to use run aquarium gravel hempys with a coco cap. The runoff ph was mind bogglingly high, like 5.8 going in and 7.0-8.5 coming out.

Luck would have it I was running some veggies on my deck (at the time) that loved the runoff. Just tossing out another idea that might keep a bit of fertilizer out of our drains.

There is a really nice setup over here Hempy Headquarters this might help you out more than my rambling.

recirculating back into the pots ??? . I am curious about this way but have been dubious because of runnoff toxicity after sitting in the coco then washing through to the res. I thought this was why dtw was such a common way ?. would ph go out quickly too ?. am only asking barney , not having a dig.
Nah it works just the same way as any hydro Res mate. It's effectively a DIY Wilma system. The pH will need adjusting once a week or so but the ppm doesn't change much.
You're thinking it will get stronger but that only happens In Coco if you're feeding too strong or not often enough.
Couldn't do it with soil but not a problem with Coco :)

Nah it works just the same way as any hydro Res mate. It's effectively a DIY Wilma system. The pH will need adjusting once a week or so but the ppm doesn't change much.
You're thinking it will get stronger but that only happens In Coco if you're feeding too strong or not often enough.
So is it run continuously like hydro to keep the balance stable ? .

I run coco chunks and had been flooding all my flower and veg plants manually. I would set them in a tall sided drip tray, roughly a little morenthan half way up the pot. Flood for 15 minutes then drain and re-use the runoff water after it was topped off with plain tap. The plants will use more water that food so there is always food and it was a two gallon water can so easily remixed if needed. If ph is good almost all things hydro will work.
OG

Nah I'll just turn the pump on for 15 minutes, 3 or 4 times a day mate. I'll just have to judge it when I find the rest of the bits to make it. I've got em in a box somewhere just can't find em cos they're tiny wee plastic adapters.
As long as you feed Coco at least once a day to a decent run off then the ppm and pH don't change much. Shouldn't change at all if it's fed 2 or 3 times.
The problems come from the fact that whatever isn't used builds up in the Coco, that's why you always gotta feed to run off, stops anything building up in the first place. That's what causes the pH to go mental.

I have two tents with flood tables in them. The tables are plumbed to my floor sump in the next room over. That water all gets pumped out to a veggie garden
Fuckin hell mate bet your cabbages are massive. I was dumping my waste in a corner of the garden at my last house and the grass n weeds went mental lol.

Last summer I only tried it with a single tomato plant it worked so this year we filled it up with tomatoes and cucumbers
Quality man I hope it works again :)
I'll be trying my hand at Trinidad moruga scorpion chilli's in hydro soon when I manage to find the "safe place" I put my seeds. Got a dozen of them but just gonna do 1 or 2 to see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom