movable tubs...on wheels?
Eggsakly!!!!!
dscf5068-jpg.2570892

Hey Bill glad to have you! 👊 Did you bring a lab coat? And Im serious about it being OUR room, and I bet there are some beauties rolling around in your head so don't be shy.
Lab coat is in the wash, covered in tile grout. :rofl:
But I'll do my best to be helpful without it.
Dam it makes me look good though.
Hope everything is going well this morning. :high-five:

#Vivosun #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Eggsakly!!!!!
dscf5068-jpg.2570892

I love this.. my MIL does something similar.. She just fills up these plastic wheelbarrows she’s punched holes into.. makes for a large container (I’ll snap a picture next time I’m there.. she’s old school so is still paranoid about **“the fuzz”) We’ve had to setup a greenhouse though because weather patterns have turned wild here and we’re getting record breaking rain in the summer and droughts in the winter which are screwing up grows left and right.

Honestly though we’re right in the sweet spot for climate change. I feel bad for the southerner’s and coasters.. I have a strong feeling a lot of adaptations are going to be required to continue growing anything in those places.

**I find the fear of police very interesting.. it’s so deeply ingrained that she still refuses to even call cannabis by it’s real or colloquial term and will always say something silly on the phone like Goodies or toys 😂

Hi I'm Gee and I'm an Organaholic.

I'm glad you finally found The Gee Spot😎

This will be a perpetual room for all to talk, brag, debate, and be proud of your plants in, with the quest for new and better knowledge. So if you got it flaunt it, past or present.

I will likely post grows in here as we science things but I will likely do other journals on the individual grows after a new or interesting topic is worth trying.

Talk about YOUR style of grow freely here, its not just about organics, thats just my thing.

I use Living Organic Soil with spikes and layers and right now SIPS, SWICKS, and anything sub-irrigated has caught my attention, so thats what I am working on at the moment.

20221213_084838.jpg

Here is a solo cup with a yarn wick hanging into an ice cream pail of RO water. The seeds were germinated in the cup.

20221223_124842.jpg

13 days after popping in the soil these are the roots. They aren't what I typically see. Normally its more fuzzy myco infested roots like the one by my thumb and this technique has feeder roots by the surface but as you can see there are water roots circling the bottom where the wick comes in.

20230107_102736.jpg

After uppotting to the 10gal the plants grew fairly well up top but nothing spectacular, just healthy.

The roots however burst through the bottom of the smart pot 15 days after transplanting and the pot is 15" tall so thats kind of cool. The roots poking out were big fuzzy myco infested feeder roots so it is looking good.

These are the plants at day 28 above ground, 15 days after transplant.
Screenshot_20230111_170827_Gallery.jpg
20230111_163805.jpg
20230111_163753.jpg

Here are the roots poking out all over on day 19 from uppot out of the solos. 10gal pots 15" tall.

Check out this fun little note I caught browsing Revs seed bank:

“Using a flowering photoperiod of 12/12 on sprouts for their first 10 days above ground, then switching them to an 18/6 photoperiod will allow you to easily sex them at 30 days of age—give or take 3 days”

What do you think of this? I’m wondering if it’s worth losing 60 hours of light

Check out this fun little note I caught browsing Revs seed bank:

“Using a flowering photoperiod of 12/12 on sprouts for their first 10 days above ground, then switching them to an 18/6 photoperiod will allow you to easily sex them at 30 days of age—give or take 3 days”

What do you think of this? I’m wondering if it’s worth losing 60 hours of light
That little gem might have saved @StoneOtter some time in his current SIP grow.

Ok sometime this evening/tomorrow morning I will plant some regular seeds I made outdoors with a Kingdom Organics stinky branchy christmas tree shaped male with really long slender jagged fingers. I crossed it with 3 strains.

1)Rose Kush which I have grown out once and its fantastic and easy. I also have some growing in my swick testing.

2) Candida CD-1 CBD only strain and I grew out all 10 seeds to finally get 1 sativa dominant female which is rumored to be about twice as CBD potent as the Indica phenos. Its tall and lanky and very jungle-like. A true long haired whispy budded wild-child sativa but no thc, so I crossed it with the C-99 male as the characteristics seemed very in line with each other. I have not grown it out yet to see.

3) A C99 x C99 cross. I never got a vixen that was comparative to the studliness of the male so I chose the one that again was christmas tree-like and very branchy. I have not grown it out to see it yet.

I will start some seeds and run them under 12/12 unless you guys want me to go 11/13, we can vote, and I will start as many of whatever kind you guys want as I have a lot of each in my seed collection.

It will be done to see if we can get to see some sex earlier, hopefully before day 35.

After that is all done I will have some plants to either grow out or to motherplant and try more science on. Again, group consensus so we can vote on the future stuff now too.

I am in no hurry and will gladly add dimensions to this experiment at anyones request so think about what strain, how many to get a solid conclusion, and where we want the survivors to go.

I only grow in living soil so thats the limiting factor but otherwise sips or no, and anything else we can come up with.

This was a curiosity @Keffka put forward so I will respect his wishes first if we can't find a path, so if he is OK with it you can always talk about it in his grow journal too, as there is always good discussion in there.

His journal can be found here:

Did someone say Gee Spot?!

I’m in!

And just a quickie…

What’s the difference between a golf ball and a Gee spot?
Blokes will spend half an hour trying to find a golf ball…

So I went into my weed storage dept) aka a few boxes of canning jars filled with various strains), to get some seeds from the weed I pollinated. I cured it into jars and went to get some of each strain to get the seeds and I found this😎😎😎
20230115_144102.jpg
20230115_144033.jpg

I totally forgot I had this!

Its Ace Seeds Oldtimers Purple Haze. That tray is the entire grow and it was a 22 week flowering. It was indoors while I was making seeds outdoors and I pollinated it with C99 as well. I totally forgot about it until now.

Its very cool if your old and like retro.

Its also a choice for the trial as there are alot of very ripe seeds in it.

1)Rose Kush which I have grown out once and its fantastic and easy. I also have some growing in my swick testing.

2) Candida CD-1 CBD only strain and I grew out all 10 seeds to finally get 1 sativa dominant female which is rumored to be about twice as CBD potent as the Indica phenos. Its tall and lanky and very jungle-like. A true long haired whispy budded wild-child sativa but no thc, so I crossed it with the C-99 male as the characteristics seemed very in line with each other. I have not grown it out yet to see.

3) A C99 x C99 cross. I never got a vixen that was comparative to the studliness of the male so I chose the one that again was christmas tree-like and very branchy. I have not grown it out to see it yet.

I will start some seeds and run them under 12/12 unless you guys want me to go 11/13, we can vote, and I will start as many of whatever kind you guys want as I have a lot of each in my seed collection.

It will be done to see if we can get to see some sex earlier, hopefully before day 35.

After that is all done I will have some plants to either grow out or to motherplant and try more science on. Again, group consensus so we can vote on the future stuff now too.

I am in no hurry and will gladly add dimensions to this experiment at anyones request so think about what strain, how many to get a solid conclusion, and where we want the survivors to go.

I only grow in living soil so thats the limiting factor but otherwise sips or no, and anything else we can come up with.

This was a curiosity @Keffka put forward so I will respect his wishes first if we can't find a path, so if he is OK with it you can always talk about it in his grow journal too, as there is always good discussion in there.

His journal can be found here:

I won’t get to the idea for at least a month or two. More data never hurt anyone.. We can keep it here as well that way we can keep it consolidated instead of spread over multiple places.

I’ll be giving it a run on Revs seeds and some randoms at the same time when I go.. That’ll be a hell of a selling point if it’s a feature of his breeding 🤣

It seems to me that starting with the original idea of
and prove or disprove the stated parameters would be the best place to start, and then maybe the next round try 11/13 and see if it makes a difference.

That's my vote.

It seems to me that starting with the original idea of

and prove or disprove the stated parameters would be the best place to start, and then maybe the next round try 11/13 and see if it makes a difference.

That's my vote.
Sounds good to me. Got a choice of strains we should try it on?

Back
Top Bottom