Todd's 2X4 Growing

Hey TT, just cruising by, looks good so far. If you do the bottom water deal then you need 40% extra aeration added to your soil mix. It does couple things it allows water to wick better and still leaves enough oxygen for the roots. Note it does take about 2 weeks lag time that is slow growth / no growth for the plant to convert from soil roots to water roots, but once adjusted they grow pretty fast.

If you don’t have the 40% extra aeration that probably what’s up and it’s perhaps best to carry on with normal wet dry cycle methods. If you are further interested in self watering / no pumps then check out the SIP & SWICK journals linked below

SIP club
SWICK thread

hope it helps, later!

Hey TT, just cruising by, looks good so far. If you do the bottom water deal then you need 40% extra aeration added to your soil mix. It does couple things it allows water to wick better and still leaves enough oxygen for the roots. Note it does take about 2 weeks lag time that is slow growth / no growth for the plant to convert from soil roots to water roots, but once adjusted they grow pretty fast.

If you don’t have the 40% extra aeration that probably what’s up and it’s perhaps best to carry on with normal wet dry cycle methods. If you are further interested in self watering / no pumps then check out the SIP & SWICK journals linked below

SIP club
SWICK thread

hope it helps, later!
Welcome, thanks for stopping by it probably is the aeration thing will probably primarily use top watering for the rest of the grow hopefully they aren’t to stunted

The tent is now fully set up
2 viparspectra v1000(100w)
1 aglex k1000(100w)
IPower 4inch duct fan +filter
Humidifier
Temp/RH monitor
2clip on fans and a ground fan
IMG_2860.jpeg
IMG_2861.jpeg
IMG_2862.jpeg

The rh monitor and ph pen are mainly for redundancy

I got this stuff in just today​

Cool deal on the new gear, you’ll have it dialed in soon! Yes they should pull thru just fine

Also just in case… helps to elevate tent on a pallet or two to get above concrete slab. An indoor or covered concrete slab stays about 55 degrees all year long with only a degree or two of fluctuation from winter to summer and that huge cold sink can play havoc with your plants. I’d suggest placing a hygrometer on tent floor and see what temp you get….

Cool deal on the new gear, you’ll have it dialed in soon! Yes they should pull thru just fine

Also just in case… helps to elevate tent on a pallet or two to get above concrete slab. An indoor or covered concrete slab stays about 55 degrees all year long with only a degree or two of fluctuation from winter to summer and that huge cold sink can play havoc with your plants. I’d suggest placing a hygrometer on tent floor and see what temp you get….
I didn’t even think about that thanks might see if I can find something around the house to prop it up with I was also thinking about using a space heater outside the intake vent part of the day to atleast stay around 78-80degrees

I’ve got the tent most of the way set up I’m waiting on a more official inline exhaust fan with a filter and ducting aswell as a couple more clip on fans I’ll be getting rid of the box fan takes up space other than that I’ve got everything for the tent… in the mean time the box fan and makeshift exhaust fan I’ve got will do the stuff should be here in a week or two
IMG_2803.jpeg

IMG_2804.jpeg

I used the small fan on the ground in top pick sticking it in top port of the tent then. The top one in the bottom where I feed wires will be the intake the rest are sealed set up won’t really change unless needed just different equipment from some of what’s pictured plus a carbon filter which will go outside the tent​
Here is how the tent is set up now this should do for veg I’ll have to adjust something’s come flower more than likely.
IMG_2863.jpeg
The thought process with the small fan on ground is that it would help the vent with the cords act as a fresh air intake while the duct fan exhaust through the top
IMG_2865.jpeg

My new therm pro and old have two different readings so I’m taking them outside to compare with weather in the area to see which is more accurate idk if these things have a way you’re supposed to calibrate them so this is what I thought up
IMG_2864.jpeg

So far it’s looking like the old one is more accurate I took. The plastic screen cover off the new one don’t know if that would affect anything will continue to see over course of blunt

Also I’ve got the lights around 16inches from plants all 3 on 50% so about 150W running in the 2X4 I think this should be good going off the charts I posted​

Nice setup, that should put some green in your jars! Yes I had 4 hygrometer with readings all over the place some of mine were out by 10 degrees F, that’s a lot of variation

Here’s how to calibrate your hygrometers… InTheShed how to calibrate hygrometers

Later!
Thanks for the link I’m trying that now I’m using tubberware hopefully that’s a proper way

Day 13
IMG_2866.jpeg

the nfsheeesh and ice cold look worse than they did not sure if this is still from the overwatering or something else haven’t bottom watered since yesterday but seems worse today now all 3 of the plants have roots coming through the bottom of the cup the Oreoz doesn’t look so bad

I’m sure they are abit stunted don’t seem to be progressing as they should hopefully by next week things are back on track and growth picks up things will be more dialed in during veg

Also due to not having the timer power outlet I had been turning on and off lights manually and missed the lights off point a few times which probably doesn’t help​

ok the cup in a cup hurts you on drainage & airflow…. I’d remove the outer cup and here’s cool trick. Tilt the cup to steep 45 degree and and prop it up so it won’t tumble over. Leave it propped at that angle for an hour or two, the cup of soil should take a pee and release some excess water. We’ve now reset water table to lower level but don’t worry there’s still plenty of water left in the soil for your seedling.

I reckon Tupperware will do just fine

Back
Top Bottom