Cons Outdoor Auto Lake Grow #2

Good day everyone so early this afternoon the MWC still had not opened up yet it Shed the shell but no cot leaves so I zoomed in with the camera & seen it was being closed with the membrane so I gently poked it with a knife & it popped open with the cot leaves so all good there the DK has not popped out of the soil yet, the CCC seed tail grew slightly over night not much though so I started soaking another CCC seed just in case if they both pop I'll put online a small pot & grow it for shits n giggles, spent the day splitting wood & got it done, glad the lodge owner likes me it wood of took me over a week to use a ax & maul & a lot of pain, most chores done next is stack wood & set up the screen tent, time to chill

20240508_163059.jpg

20240508_154751.jpg

20240508_125114.jpg

Damn, con. You work with some dangerous shit! I'm impressed. :)

I wouldn't go anywhere near that damn thing!
It looks sharp & hard and its got a friggin piston attached! Holy, moly. 😬

EDIT: Ahh, hell to the nah!

Damn, con. You work with some dangerous shit! I'm impressed. :)

I wouldn't go anywhere near that damn thing!
It looks sharp & hard and its got a friggin piston attached! Holy, moly. 😬

EDIT: Ahh, hell to the nah!
It's a gas powered 27 ton hydraulic log splitter the ram moves slow not dangerous if you pay attention &don't put your hands & fingers where they don't belong it's so nice compared to swinging a 18- 20 pound maul just load the wood pull on the lever split push lever in & repeat, took about 2 hours to split about 2/3rds of a cord of wood which is 4'x4'x8', I'm a proud male with wood Lol!

20240508_152439.jpg

It's a gas powered 27 ton hydraulic log splitter the ram moves slow not dangerous if you pay attention &don't put your hands & fingers where they don't belong it's so nice compared to swinging a 18- 20 pound maul just load the wood pull on the lever split push lever in & repeat, took about 2 hours to split about 2/3rds of a cord of wood which is 4'x4'x8', I'm a proud male with wood Lol!

20240508_152439.jpg
I looked at one on YouTube, con. You're right, that doesn't look too dicey. I had imagined more of sudden high-velocity strike, but that's just a slow pushing motion.

What I was thinking makes no sense whatsoever. Wood would be flying all over the place!

Always interested in, and usually afraid of, tools that I know nothing about. Been a city boy all my life! :)

20240508_152439.jpg
My back hurts just from seeing that picture. My Uncle had a fence n firewood business and I had to split wood 8 hours a day in the Summer to deliver it all Winter. CL🍀

I looked at one on YouTube, con. You're right, that doesn't look too dicey. I had imagined more of sudden high-velocity strike, but that's just a slow pushing motion.

What I was thinking makes no sense whatsoever. Wood would be flying all over the place!

Always interested in, and usually afraid of, tools that I know nothing about. Been a city boy all my life! :)
With the power these things make & a big wedge on the end you don't need the velocity a axe needs & much easier your lazy meter would approve, I think you'd enjoy camping or fishing

My back hurts just from seeing that picture. My Uncle had a fence n firewood business and I had to split wood 8 hours a day in the Summer to deliver it all Winter. CL🍀
Good exercise and muscle builder chopping by hand (hard work) but these days these splitters make it so much easier

Good exercise and muscle builder chopping by hand (hard work) but these days these splitters make it so much easier
I chop all my wood by hand 3 foot stumps I use a sledge & a handful of splitting wedges

I chop all my wood by hand 3 foot stumps I use a sledge & a handful of splitting wedges
That's some big chunks, wedges are nice to use but can't handle that work for long any more

With the power these things make & a big wedge on the end you don't need the velocity a axe needs & much easier your lazy meter would approve, I think you'd enjoy camping or fishing
I do enjoy fishing, con. I ain't that city! :)

Those logs don’t get up to the splitter by themselves and if it’s still green they’re even heavier. I would rather use a splitter any day over a wedge n mallet. But it’s still hard work 😓. CL🍀

Those logs don’t get up to the splitter by themselves and if it’s still green they’re even heavier. I would rather use a splitter any day over a wedge n mallet. But it’s still hard work 😓. CL🍀
💪power who needs a gym
A 7-foot spruce log I split by hand to make some fence posts
Just wanted to see if I could do it. Took about 15 min.
Would be nice to have a splitter but I got no room

IMG_5570a.JPG

My son has a wood processor and cut 10 cords of logs in no time. He makes a good bit of change at it. But with a 40k machine it is easy 4-cylinder diesel engine. It cuts splits and loads it into the truck. It is his side business. 🍋
That's would be nice to have does your son need a permit or anything to cut the wood

💪power who needs a gym
A 7-foot spruce log I split by hand to make some fence posts
Just wanted to see if I could do it. Took about 15 min.
Would be nice to have a splitter but I got no room

IMG_5570a.JPG
That's pretty cool, those attachable chain saw mills are fairly cheap & work decent

Back
Top Bottom